Breaking Bad (may contain SPOILERS)

Ginko

I'm going to have to watch the episode again because I was left completely disappointed.

After going down the badass gangster route all season all of a sudden Walt's conscience kicks in? It all felt like we are going to head toward a happy ending where everyone gets redeemed la la la la happily ever after.

This season has been absolutely epic until now - so am I the only one who this deflated by episode 8?

I'm going to have to watch the episode again because I was left completely disappointed.

After going down the badass gangster route all season all of a sudden Walt's conscience kicks in? It all felt like we are going to head toward a happy ending where everyone gets redeemed la la la la happily ever after.

This season has been absolutely epic until now - so am I the only one who this deflated by episode 8?

He is clearly not out, remember the flash forward at the start of episode one?

*Spoliers*

Having your brother in law call you 'a monster' & having to put a former business partner in a barrel of acid (due to a rush of blood to your head) may make one re-evaluate one's position.

Not to mention paying neo-Nazis to orchestrate the deaths of 10 men who helped make you very rich.

Plus realising that you had more cash than you could ever possibly spend, may help one get on the road to redemption.

But all that's changed now Hank is on the scent.

The ricin has to come in to play at some point. Maybe WW will use it on himself. Didn't he try and shoot himself in the head during the first episode when he thought the game was up? Maybe something will happen in the final episode which will mirror this providing bookends to the whole story. :detect:

Yes, because it clearly isn't going to have a happy ending and I don't know how anyone could possibly come to that conclusion, especially considering the last scene with Hank.

It's not going to end well, it's brilliantly set-up for next season. Walt may well want out because I think he realises that there's no point in doing all this just to sit on that amount of cash being unable to use it, that and considering who he killed in the episode before I think he's genuinely rethinking things. But yes, it's not going to go down like that I'm afraid. Can't fathom why anyone would seem disappointed at all, it's **** brilliant.

Also there was a five minute flash forward at the very start of the first episode of the season where Walt is buying a **** light machine gun. That is a serious weapon to be investing in if there was going to be a happy ending by the pool side!

I think it'll pan out that Hank will give him time to make some form of escape before coming after him, forcing him to go into hiding.

And it will be the guys he promised to cook for that put his family/Jesse in danger. I mean those guys must be royally pissed off that they paid $millions for Heisenberg only for him to get out off the game and disappear.

I'm pretty sure that the season opening was meant to tease a Walt going down in a blaze of glory type ending which won't happen.

Really have no idea how the Hank vs Walt thing will play out but it was be very interesting to watch

Â