Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Re watching Remy's goal now, its not better than Lowton's. Remy's is rolling along the floor and lightly bobbles up just before he hits it, meaning he can connect with it better.

It's no better than Rafael's goal (30 yard bullet) at Loftus road earlier in the season.

Lowton's goal, he has to bring that ball down onto his chest, watching it all the way, under massive pressure from the stoke players, and smack it with his laces over the keeper. So much better. 

Just because some stupid Villa record is being broken doesn't mean we should just sack them off and build a new backline

Who said that?

But at the same time it's ridiculous to claim this defence or any member of it a success at this moment.

Can they all improve as individuals and as a unit? Yes I believe most of them can.

But you can't ignore what's been an abysmal defence this year.

Just because some stupid Villa record is being broken doesn't mean we should just sack them off and build a new backline

Who said that?

But at the same time it's ridiculous to claim this defence or any member of it a success at this moment.

Can they all improve as individuals and as a unit? Yes I believe most of them can.

Well then it's ridiculous to claim that any member of the attack is a success due to the low number of goals we've scored.

Only to be expected given their age, lack of premiership experience and some of the injuries we had. No excuse for a repeat next year though

Amazing how we're going to break a premiership record for goal conceded isn't it.

Must just be unlucky I guess.

Probably easier to write LOLZ or have a dig at other posters than put forward any sort of argument using actual evidence.

Keep going lads.

It actually is easier to write LOLZ because you are almost more stubborn than Richard.

You cant genuinely believe that just because we have conceded so many goals that this player doesnt help the defence. The reason we have conceded so many goals is due to that ridiculous 5 at the back, constantly changing who plays in defence and who plays in front of them. Add to that Clark who is a very poor CB, add to that a bad start by Bennett and the crowd getting on his back, add to that poor marking at corners and you'll have many many reasons why we have conceded so many. Perhaps if Lowton wasnt part of the setup and someone like Hutton was still here we'd have conceded even more.

Feel free to ignore logic and rant miserably away.

I think there's lot of reasons.

And having defenders who aren't that great at defending on a consistent basis is one of them.

I think logic would suggest looking at the performance of Brad Guzan and how many goals we've let it.

Look at Stokes equaliser. What Lowton did was a perfect example of what he's done a few times this season and its what inexperienced defenders do. They make mistakes. He can improve and I'm sure he will but this praise for mediocrity and exuse making for shitness is ridiculous when you look at what this season has been.

Only to be expected given their age, lack of premiership experience and some of the injuries we had. No excuse for a repeat next year though

Agreed which is why all I'm saying is you can't argue they've been a success yet.

BJ10 do you watch Villa games?!

Yes.

You should try it some time.

Just watched Remy's goal. It wasn't even that good, just a standard shot, not especially far away and just quite accurate around the keeper. The keeper's positioning was a bit off too. Maloney's free-kick was better.

Absolutely no comparison to Lowton's, where he hits it from 35 yards, with pace, with 2 players quickly closing him down, and it flies into the top left hand corner.

Alan Hansen has spoken and the side-footed goal from 20 yards is better than the chest control, instant volley into the top corner from 35 yards. That's official, Alan Hansen says so.

Weimann hit a powerful side footed shot from outside the box earlier in the season against Man Utd but that's not nearly as good as the Remy goal because Weimann plays for Villa, and Hansen is biased against us.

Why? Probably because we smashed them 3-1 at home.

Let's be clear here how ridiculously anti-Villa Alan Hansen is being.

Remy goal was an open goal handed to him on a plate by Mbia. He had one skill to execute - a side foot shot.

Lowton had to create a goal out of nothing.

* Receive a high clearance on his chest and control it 

* Shoot at goal on the volley

* Do these things before the two on-rushing players got to him (and keep his cool taking the shot)

* Adjust the angle of his body so the ball goes across the goalkeeper rather than straight on, keeping his balance doing so

* Connect with the ball with technical perfection, generate a lot of power

Lowton's effort could not be repeated easily given 1000 attempts.

Remy's effort could be matched in 10 attempts.

Â