General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if he's been mentioned but Wilson Palacios might be moved on by Stoke for about 6m. Would anyone take him?

i used to really rate him but his flopped at stoke, when your kept out of a stoke side by glenn whelan then you cant be up to it

Yes i agree, but he would be better than nothing. We need to Panic buy now as it has got to this stage. Downside every club will know we are desperate and add an extra million or two to the price.

Not for £6m, he's not worth it based on his performances for Stoke, £4m max would do.

Only in a straight swap for Hutton.

That could work. The chances of Palacios flopping given what he did at Stoke are quite high IMO. We need to protect our end. A stupid fee like £6m is IMO falling into the same traps MON did with some of his signings.

Dunno if he's been mentioned but Wilson Palacios might be moved on by Stoke for about 6m. Would anyone take him?

i used to really rate him but his flopped at stoke, when your kept out of a stoke side by glenn whelan then you cant be up to it

the Irish Gattuso ;)

i really can't get my head around why when we had 3 months to get players in and it all goes down to the last 48 hours.

surley when lambert first sat down with learner he must of gave him a list of players he wanted, if you don't get them you move onto plan:b and then onto plan:c, it really isn't rocket science and these next 3 days will be carbon copy of what has happened to this club over the last 3 years, totally clueless.

only at aston villa can you loose the feel good factor within two weeks of the season.

i really can't get my head around why when we had 3 months to get players in and it all goes down to the last 48 hours.

surley when lambert first sat down with learner he must of gave him a list of players he wanted, if you don't get them you move onto plan:b and then onto plan:c, it really isn't rocket science and these next 3 days will be carbon copy of what has happened to this club over the last 3 years, totally clueless.

only at aston villa can you loose the feel good factor within two weeks of the season.

Perhaps it wasn't down to mon that transfers were left late in the day?

Would love to see us get that Gouffran or Sagbo can't remember which for £1.5m, has to be worth a punt surely!?

Gouffran. Is he the one that is allergic to grass?

He sure is! I had a look on Wikipedia earlier and it says there :P

Quite funny, but it appears it hasn't stopped him scoring goals, I presume he has some sort of medication for it anyway :)

Huth is better than Shawcross imo, just as good at defending and scores plenty of goals.

Huth has just signed a new contract Roy,we need some backbone in the team,a complete new spine imo;Keeper,CH,CM& CF.

Still would be cheaper than Shawcross, as he is 3 years older and not English. Your right a new spine is needed. Don't think a keep is needed though. Left back more important than another keeper.