General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agent_ITK‏@Agent_ITK

Darren Bent could make a surprise return to #THFC, depends on wage demands. #Spurs #Football #Villa #AVFC

Really. Cant see it myself.

Much as I like Bent - a swap with defoe with cash in our favour enabling us to get matt philips as well - it wouldn't be the worst move.

although AVB has such an ego - i couldn't see him going for an old boy return.

Can not see levy having him back after bent slagged him off on twitter when he wanted to leave

This + the fact that the guy who tweeted it is a major bullshitter who replicates every single rumour going on twitter and will retweet on the odd occasion he gets it right. Absolute douche. A fiver to VT should this happen.

Bent for Defoe and £10 million would be worth a go...

Problem with that is that would end up as a straight swap, Lerner would pocket the £10m.

IT'S LERNER **** MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!111!!1!

Jesus this pisses me off. Lerner is the sole owner. It's all his, Villa Park, BMH, the players everything. It's his.

He has poured millions into the club and posts like this just sound like ungrateful beating.

Back on topic, £10m and Defoe for Bent? I'd take their arms off. We should be selling Bent. Contributes nothing to wider play and isn't prepared to put the shift in to make something for himself.

Problem with that is that would end up as a straight swap, Lerner would pocket the £10m.

Jesus this pisses me off. Lerner is the sole owner. It's all his, Villa Park, BMH, the players everything. It's his.

He has poured millions into the club and posts like this just sound like ungrateful beating.

Back on topic, £10m and Defoe for Bent? I'd take their arms off. We should be selling Bent. Contributes nothing to wider play and isn't prepared to put the shift in to make something for himself.

I'M THINKING IN FOOTBALL TERMS WHERE THIS MOVE IS CONCERNED!!!11!!!11

I'd rather have Bent than Defoe, and the likelihood is we wouldn't spend the 10m. Therefore it wouldn't be a good deal for AVFC.

Well he is in the wrong business then and we will NEVER succeed with him in charge.

He should get out and let us have a chairman who can spend money and not expecting to recoup to pay for a new jet.

So if we get relegated would you defend Lerner because its his club?

If he raised ticket prices massively would you defend his decision because it's his club?

Ridiculous.

I don't get how lerner has managed to become untouchable with some fans.

Wait till the last day of the window then take adebayor on loan cus city will want rid and we'll pay 50k of his wages

Surely spurs would snap their hands off for that deal.

The newspapers are saying theres 6mill deal going through... It's a bargain

If he raised ticket prices massively would you defend his decision because it's his club?

Ridiculous.

Yes Lerner gets a freeride. It's ok though he has a tattoo and isn't Ellis or Venkys.

I have been talking alot about Dempsey over the past week or two, and I am back with more. The boy is definitely not going to Liverpool now. Pretty sure there is no club with the ability to offer CL football after him, so he is surely going to be forced to reassess his options after bridges have been burnt with Fulham. We really need to pull our thumb out and do whatever it takes to get the lad. He is exactly what we need!

Ridiculous.

Yes Lerner gets a freeride. It's ok though he has a tattoo and isn't Ellis or Venkys.

It truly is utterly mind blowing.

Very good player, starting to get on a bit, not hungry enough to play for a midtable team anymore as shown by his lack of respect for Fulham recently. Ive always liked Clint but he's really let himself down the last few weeks. Will he want to come here and be competing with Fulham? I imagine he will end up going to a European team abroad somewhere.

Ridiculous.

It truly is utterly mind blowing.

And we cannot simply blame MON for the overspending. He didn't rob Lerner's bank. Lerner also had final say for sales - including those when we were managerless. He also headhunter Houllier and then McLeish (two very different managers (both prats - but style wise).

Yet he has put millions of pounds in.

But so have the REAL fans, with season tickets, shirts, souvenirs, programmes, subscriptions...