General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's only one game but thats 11 without a win now. We are relegation candidates whether fans like it or not
And 10 of those games were under a different manager with a different squad in a different season. Obviously we need some more players to come in but let's not start overreacting eh?

Mantis you know I said all this before today's game. It is more or less the same squad and Lambert can not work miracles with players who are not good enough. The most worrying thing for me was how easy it seemed for West Ham.

Whether its confidence, tactics, lack of ability? I don't know. But boy did that game remind me of so many last season.

You're acting as if you've been proven right but it's only the first game. It's way too early to start judging yet. Let's wait and see where we are after a few games and after we've brought some more players in.

My point is my comments are not knee jerk reactions based on one game. I was concerned before the game and I've seen nothing today to ease those concerns. I'm praying there is more investment before the end of the month.

I know it's only one game but thats 11 without a win now. We are relegation candidates whether fans like it or not
And 10 of those games were under a different manager with a different squad in a different season. Obviously we need some more players to come in but let's not start overreacting eh?
Looking at some of the opinions posted after the result today I think you are pissing in the wind with that request mantis

I'd say get in Freddie Zaha, Matt Philips, Joe Bennett and a DM and we would be looking alot better... Personally Id sell N'zogbia and buy someone who actually is bloody decent! Wigan robbed us tbh!

Agree, like all those players. But I think we might struggle to shift N'Zogbia, except maybe to QPR. Who apparently take any old shit.

Yep, there has already been an avalanche of complete and utter stupidity.

So fans being concerned that the same squad that nearly got relegated looked hopeless in their first game = stupidity.

I think what's naive and maybe even bordering stupidity is to think the whole of last season was Mcliesh's fault.

On the plus side, it seems Vlaar and El-Ahmadi weren't too bad. That gives me further confidence in Lambert's ability to pick a player, and the fact that our best player today was Vlaar also goes some way to showing that players don't necessarily have to be experienced in the Premier League to do well.

Early days though so can't really jump to any conclusions.

I think what's naive and maybe even bordering stupidity is to think the whole of last season was Mcliesh's fault.
No one thinks that though.

I'd say get in Freddie Zaha, Matt Philips, Joe Bennett and a DM and we would be looking alot better... Personally Id sell N'zogbia and buy someone who actually is bloody decent! Wigan robbed us tbh!

Agree, like all those players. But I think we might struggle to shift N'Zogbia, except maybe to QPR. Who apparently take any old shit.

Fine with me just shift him for any cost really hes on abwt 50-60k a week? (iirc) and well he's just shite, I don't like writing off any of our players but tbh I seen nothing in him that makes me think he will do well for us.... Flog him and sign someone like Adem Ljajic who has actually skill on the ball, can get his head up and has some vision!

So fans being concerned that the same squad that nearly got relegated looked hopeless in their first game = stupidity.

Being concerned is fine, I myself am concerned, I don't think players like N'Zogbia and Ireland can be trusted to consistently create chances. I think we need more quality going forward. I also have concerns about the defence.

But I also think there's been a lot of knee-jerk stuff written on here and elsewhere. I can see what Lambert is trying to do and it WILL take time. I'm more than prepared to give him the time. I'm not about to go OTT after just one game.

Even Mourinho would struggle with some of the dogshit in our team. We need at least 5 new players, otherwise its going to be a long and horrible season, and after the last two, I'm not sure I can take much more!

On the plus side, it seems Vlaar and El-Ahmadi weren't too bad. That gives me further confidence in Lambert's ability to pick a player, and the fact that our best player today was Vlaar also goes some way to showing that players don't necessarily have to be experienced in the Premier League to do well.

Early days though so can't really jump to any conclusions.

I agree that those two players looked ok and should hopefully improve by the game. They must be both used to winning most games they play in.

Even Mourinho would struggle with some of the dogshit in our team. We need at least 5 new players, otherwise its going to be a long and horrible season, and after the last two, I'm not sure I can take much more!

No way we are getting 5 new players in before the window shuts.

But I also think there's been a lot of knee-jerk stuff written on here and elsewhere. I can see what Lambert is trying to do and it WILL take time. I'm more than prepared to give him the time. I'm not about to go OTT after just one game.

Is it knee-jerk?

It looks like the same people voicing the same concerns they've been doing since the end of last season.

I'm prepared to give Lambert time. Just wish Lerner would make his job easier.

And how do you know he's not? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are still a couple of weeks left of the transfer window.

Being concerned is fine, I myself am concerned, I don't think players like N'Zogbia and Ireland can be trusted to consistently create chances. I think we need more quality going forward. I also have concerns about the defence.

He is trying to do what Houllier did and encourage a passing game but hasn't got the players to do it. I don't think fans are concerned with the manager and the way he is trying to play. It's more with the players at his disposal.

Is it knee-jerk?

It looks like the same people voicing the same concerns they've been doing since the end of last season.

Knee-jerk is moaning about Lambert's approach, as some have done. His system isn't going to work overnight, especially with this lot.

Knee-jerk would also be saying things like Holman isn't good enough, despite only having played about 60 minutes in a Villa shirt and not being fully fit.