General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Where are those who said we WOULD back the manager 'and then some' earlier in the summer ?
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Indeed. Even in the depths of darkness that were the last 2 seasons I still wanted the managers to succeed for the greater good of the club .

Lambert has my unreserved backing regardless of whether we sign anyone else.

I think by 'we' he means 'the board' and by 'back' he means 'give money to'

Oh Ok. ...But we will only know whether he has been backed sufficiently until after Lambert's tenure so criticism on that front seems premature.

Well, at least after January or by this time next year. But the apparent sell-to-buy policy still in place (Collins - Vlaar, Warnock - ?, Hutton - ?) doesn't exactly inspire confidence... we shall see.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, maybe

Richard will you be "all over" this signing as you were with KEA, Lowton & Vlaar ;-)

Depends if I can get back in time from tescos, hopefully :thumb:

Good luck mate - wont it be closed at this time on a sunday though?

Not with the new Sunday trading law around the olympics.

Who knows, maybe

Richard will you be "all over" this signing as you were with KEA, Lowton & Vlaar ;-)

I'd forgotten about that. There is hope for crumpets after all! Cheers!

Who knows, maybe

I'm popping down now to see if there's any news at the self serve checkout :lol:

Mantis its time you let it go especially when you are starting to debate your own points with yourself. :crylaugh:
Time to let what go? It's just a discussion.

Glad to hear it. Wouldn't want to upset you.

This is what I mean by being childish. There's no need to be condescending and make it personal.

I'm not upset by the way, just amused.

Who knows, maybe

I'm popping down now to see if there's any news at the self serve checkout :lol:

BOOM BOOM :mrgreen:

Where are those who said we WOULD back the manager 'and then some' earlier in the summer ?
:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

Indeed. Even in the depths of darkness that were the last 2 seasons I still wanted the managers to succeed for the greater good of the club .

Lambert has my unreserved backing regardless of whether we sign anyone else.

I think by 'we' he means 'the board' and by 'back' he means 'give money to'

Oh Ok. ...But we will only know whether he has been backed sufficiently until after Lambert's tenure so criticism on that front seems premature.

Well, at least after January or by this time next year. But the apparent sell-to-buy policy still in place (Collins - Vlaar, Warnock - ?, Hutton - ?) doesn't exactly inspire confidence... we shall see.

No ...We will only truly know whether Lambert has been sufficiently backed until after the event....Just as an "apparent" sell to buy policy can only be deemed so afterwards. And as for inspiring confidence well it's subjective. but I am pretty confident we will gradually improve, but as you say we shall see.

I couldn't give a **** either way , win or lose I am on the booze. Football is entertainment and does not warrant the emotional investment some seem to put in to it . If we do well, great. if we do badly , oh well . The fun is in the chase and the dream of what may be.

Mantis its time you let it go especially when you are starting to debate your own points with yourself. :crylaugh:

This is what I mean by being childish. There's no need to be condescending and make it personal.

Are you mildly amused or just amused because I'm literally pissing myself here.

And this is what I mean about you replying to what you think I'm saying rather than whats exactly in the post. I was being neither condescending or personal and again I'm not the one resorting to name calling and insults.

"Wouldn't want to upset you". That was blatantly condescending. There's just no need for it.

And this is what I mean about you replying to what you think I'm saying rather than whats exactly in the post. I was being neither condescending or personal and again I'm not the one resorting to name calling and insults.

"Wouldn't want to upset you". That was blatantly condescending. There's just no need for it.

Actually it wasn't meant to be as I'm a little more direct than that if I wish to be condescending. But since you do seem a little upset I will be more mindful of your sensitive nature.

Actually it wasn't meant to be as I'm a little more direct than that if I wish to be condescending. But since you do seem a little upset I will be more mindful of your sensitive nature.

There you go again. :lol:

As I said, I'm amused. Thanks for proving my point.

We need some rumours!

okay

Aston Villa have placed a bid for Kenwyne Jones.

Aston Villa have enquired about a loan move for Man City's Adam Johnson.

Danny Graham off to Aston Villa for £10m?

Also saw we are in for Charlie adams

All via twitter so there's that

Aston Villa have placed a bid for Kenwyne Jones.

I know you said that you got this from twitter and obviously twitter is full of bullshit rumours but I have actually heard this rumour from someone that has told me about transfers that have ended up being true in the past.

I actually think Jones isn't too bad. Im guessing he's about 26/27. I don't remember him scoring many for Stoke last season though! What I do remember is that when Jones left Sunderland, Darren Bent said he was gutted and that Jones is the best strike partner he's had. Didn't Stoke pay between 7-8 million for him? If we were to bid then I reckon we'd be looking at having to pay a fee around that amount. I'm not sure if I'd want to see us spending that sort of money on him though to be honest. We'll see.