General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I meant when McLeish came over he should have stolen Butland for us and Murphy for peanuts

Happy Guzan has signed up though I can see him overtaking Given this season

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why we aren't or weren't in for Butland is bloody baffling and annoying
Or Snodgrass, or David Murphy right? Yet in other posts today you are criticising the lack of 'proven PL quality' signings.

Are you schizophrenic, or do you just talk shit?

The reason I would imagine that we haven't made a bid for Butland is because we have little to no interest in signing him.

I'm not an ignorant football fan, but I know little of Murphys ability, I'm guessing it's because he's spent his career in Scotland and the Championship, if I remember correctly he spent the entire time under Mcleish's management failing to displace Liam Ridgewell. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

Assuming the Vlaar deal comes off the back line for west ham could be -

Lichaj Vlaar Clark Lowton

That'd be a terrible back 4. All lack any experience in the Premier League. We know little of Vlaar and how he'd adapt to the league. Lowton is not ready for the starting role and Clark is still a huge question mark. We need some stability back there. Also a new fullback.

That'd be a terrible back 4. All lack any experience in the Premier League. We know little of Vlaar and how he'd adapt to the league. Lowton is not ready for the starting role and Clark is still a huge question mark. We need some stability back there. Also a new fullback.

Why is Clark a huge question mark?

And for stability, who do you suggest? Vlaar is a Dutch international and captain of a team in the champions league. How much experience do you want?

Collins and to a degree Dunne hardly covered themselves in glory last season despite their "experience". Screw experience, let's go balls to the wall. We won't be relegated, Lambert will change things up if necessary. Time to start building....

If Collins & Warnock go to Sunderland I think we will keep Dunne, BUT, Clark is now of the age he needs to start games for us

Dunne should be back up along with baker, so for me it would be Vlaar & Clark

Clark is not a midfielder IMHO

I've yet to see him have two solid matches in a row. He's a handy player, but very weak for a centre half. Hoping this will be his year actually, I think he'll naturally bulk up a bit.

Loses a lot of headers and gets shoved around a lot at the moment though. And those stupid turns he likes to do when he loses the ball half the time :evil:

And for stability, who do you suggest? Vlaar is a Dutch international and captain of a team in the champions league. How much experience do you want?

Collins and to a degree Dunne hardly covered themselves in glory last season despite their "experience". Screw experience, let's go balls to the wall. We won't be relegated, Lambert will change things up if necessary. Time to start building....

Clark is a huge question mark because when was the last time he actually played CB in a competitive fixture? He has been playing CM and rarely LB mostly. I like the idea of a Vlaar-Clark pairing but it could be catastrophic. I think it should be tried though. Our fullbacks are what worries me. We have little depth and most are unproven. I think Lichaj will do well but other than that, who can we rely on?