Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Good job the manager has a great knack at spotting talent he can get the best out of then. I personally dont care where they come from as long as they improve us and to be fair given the state of our club at the end of last season I'd say quite a few players in the championship could improve us!

He has only signed one player that has improved us so far though

Bloody hell, is that boring ONeill debate still going on? I was actually talking about last season, you know something relevant? O'Neill has been gone for 2 years, he isnt coming back. Im sure everyone is bored to death of the same old boring arguments being bandied back and forth. They just dont hold any relevance to the current situation.. Time to move on now I'd have thought

But just for the record, I dont think we used that style of play under ONeill. interesting that you feel we did.

With Cuellar at FB and Dunne, Collins and Heskey in the team there's a fair chance we did play hoofball, or did we play a passing game with those players?

No not to me it doesn't. Just answering your point concerning whether we played hoofball under MON.

Well, I just had this sense, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you were somehow trying to make the point that we'd be better off playing hoofball, as if that was the way forward instead of all this passing stuff.

In fact, as I'm sure even martin O'Neill will tell you, the very worst thing a footballer can do is give the ball away. Why? Because when you're playing the better teams, you dont get it back for a long time.

Lets take that statement apart. The better teams wont give it back The implication there is that the more you can keep the ball, the better you are, as a rule, as a team. Interesting. Does this mean that in order to build a good team you need to have players that dont give the ball away?

Players like, oh I dont know, karim El Ahmadi?

• Like 2

Well, I just had this sense, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you were somehow trying to make the point that we'd be better off playing hoofball, as if that was the way forward instead of all this passing stuff.

In fact, as I'm sure even martin O'Neill will tell you, the very worst thing a footballer can do is give the ball away. Why? Because when you're playing the better teams, you dont get it back for a long time.

Lets take that statement apart. The better teams wont give it back The implication there is that the more you can keep the ball, the better you are, as a rule, as a team. Interesting. Does this mean that in order to build a good team you need to have players that dont give the ball away?

Players like, oh I dont know, karim El Ahmadi?

Coming from someone who previously asked me the question 'does it matter' that last post is some contradiction but as i have previously stated, the point of the debate is not important enough to me to continue.

Agreed. I like Lamberts signings I think each of them has been a step up over what we had last season. Not yet back up to the level of quality we had three seasons ago but we are on the right trajectory.

I can see your point 'ciggiesnbeer' but ultimately our results don't yet substantiate your opinion.

Â