SPECULATION: Ibrahima Balde (Osasuna)

daggy_333

A host of Premier League clubs are monitoring Osasuna ace Ibrahima Balde, Sky Sports understands.

Senegalese forward Balde has been playing in Spain since 2008 when he joined Atletico Madrid.

But he did not join Atletico from Africa, he came from Argentina - where he moved when he was 16.

In South America he was quickly spotted and spent time with Argentinos Juniors and Velez Sarsfield, before linking up with Atletico.

After making the breakthrough at the Vicente Calderon, he spent time on loan with Numancia before joining Osasuna last summer.

Impressed

He played 22 times for the club, starting 13 games and he impressed with seven goals in La Liga.

The Senegal striker also came to the fore when he scored for his country in their crucial Olympic qualifier against Oman at Coventry City.

Now a number of sides are tracking the 6ft 2in target man and he could be set for a summer switch to England.

"Ibrahima is a very impressive player and a number of clubs have expressed an interest," his British representative Chris Nathaniel told Sky Sports.

Aston Villa, Sunderland, Norwich and Reading are believed to be amongst the clubs keen on Balde.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7831040/Clubs-eye-Osasuna-ace

Never heard of the bloke to be honest :-/ Anybody on here seen much of him?

Only seen him a few times, looks pretty good.

Says he has a €9 million buyout clause which is pretty cheap considering Liverpool payed £35 million for Andy Carrol after he had similar stats but in the PL

And every player we are linked with, apparently so are Sunderland, not doing ""MON Lite"" talk any favours.lol

A lot of players were linked to us when MON was in charge. He must be a really big window shopper.

Says he has a €9 million buyout clause which is pretty cheap considering Liverpool payed £35 million for Andy Carrol after he had similar stats but in the PL

Any player is going to look good value when you compare them with Andy Carrol.

Any player is going to look good value when you compare them with Andy Carrol.

True, but if Balde had put up these stats in the PL im guessing he'd been valued at something like £20 million + and if he'd been English £ 25-30 million

I thought we were linked with Rooney when I read "Balde". :winkold: Looks like an agent trying to drum up some more clubs to add to those mentioned who might not be acting quick enough or acting at all folllowing enquiries.

He might be worth a shout but if we sign him I think he'll be hair today and gone tomorrow (so to speak)

Get out lol

I hear he's Head and Shoulders above other targets.... :oops:

Cut it out you two! I think he'll be dreaded...

And anyway so far it's just hairsay

Â