Speculation : Simon Poulsen (AZ)

VillaRoy

Was saying after the Denmark Holland game that I thought this guy would be a decent signing. We were linked with him before under Eck.

Aston Villa are interested in AZ Alkmaar’s Denmark defender Simon Poulsen.

The 27-year-old left back is wanted by Ajax as a replacement for Newcastle United-bound Vurnon Anita.

Ironically, Anita, 23, was also coveted by Paul Lambert while he was still manager at Norwich City.

Daily Mail

Bit of a piss poor article, but a link nonetheless.

Didn't see the game. He would have been up against Robben?? If he could prevent Robben from impacting a game he can't be too bad.

I tend to think that you always get decent value with Scandanavian international defenders as Mellberg and Laursen have proven for us in recent times. Very wholehearted, almost British bull dog spirit, with a no nonsense approach.

Could be decent, if him and Holman have played well together on the wings already it could be a good signing and help both players settle a bit quicker. I'd rather move for Erik Pieters though, his agent has said he'd be willing to go to Newcastle so surely we could tempt him here?

This guy played against Australia (minus Brett Holman) a week or so ago....looked sharp, got forward and comfortable on the ball. Quite the opposite of Warnock really. Would be a good signing at the right price.

Yeah could be a good signing..

everytime you post I read it in PL's accent and immediately think it is a quote from him!

No i'm just his advisor, thats why im on here to talk to the fans.. He wanted me to sign up in January, because he knew he was going to take the job at the end of the season ':winkold:

Â