Speculation : Simon Poulsen (AZ)

VillaRoy

A lot of people seemingly think this guy is turd. Can't remember seeing him play much but he's a converted (/failed) winger and is supposedly quite dodgy at the back. Surely a better option than Warnock or Stevens though.

Hmm converted winger - Im going into a hazy dream remembering Kenny Swain.

Bought from Chelsea as a Winger and turned into a fine Defender by Ron Saunders.

Jordi Alba is a winger converted to a left-back. He seemed decent enough in both the World Cup and the Euros and to be honest we could do a whole lot worse. Not to mention he probably won't cost too much. I say sign him up.

Jordi Alba is a winger converted to a left-back. He seemed decent enough in both the World Cup and the Euros and to be honest we could do a whole lot worse. Not to mention he probably won't cost too much. I say sign him up.

This guy is no Jordi Alba!

If he joins i'll wait and see how he does. With far too many of our foreign links people have just made statements without having a clue about the player. The Yacine Brahimi hype for example, no man or his dog had heard of the man then suddenly people were genuinely saddened when we didn't get him.

Without prior research i'd defy anyone to name a domestic defensive mistake Poulsen has made for his club, you cannot form an opinion based solely on Euro games as surely the fact that our own country has great players who are shite on the world stage should tell people it's not always a true reflection.

He does look like one of those who may have the odd error but people need to wise up, some guy on twitter claimed he'd done some 'research' on lbs for Villa, and I actually unfollowed as it was such a **** random list of people who he'd definitely never ever watched consistently. Attacking full backs are quite common place now, Warnock is terrible defensively anyway weve seen the rash challenging and dodgy positioning, if we're aiming to have the ball a lot more than last season then that shifts the focus on what skill sets our full back needs.

Simon Poulsen on a free and Warnock out for a fee for me is good business and (most likely) an improvement to our side. If people are willing to give Lowton from league 1 a chance then I cannot fathom people writing Poulsen off as a shit defender already. (I speak here mainly of the oh so knowledgeable twitter army)

If he joins i'll wait and see how he does. With far too many of our foreign links people have just made statements without having a clue about the player. The Yacine Brahimi hype for example, no man or his dog had heard of the man then suddenly people were genuinely saddened when we didn't get him.

Tongo Doumbia was the same and he ended up at WOlves in the end

Good post A.V.F.C, I've never watched Poulsen apart from a few Euro games where I didn't watch him closely.

Warnock is currently rubbish defensively, rubbish going forward, low on confidence, prone to errors and poor positionally.

If Poulsen is decent attacking but shaky at the back, that's a step forward, and I'd hope that Lambert could drill his positioning into him so that he tightens up defensively too.

Â