Nigel Sims - In Safe Hands.

Seat68

Colin and Debra Abbott launch their book Nigel Sims "In Safe Hands" at Villa Park on June 23rd.

Nigel Sims newly published book 'In Safe Hands' will be launched on Saturday June 23rd in the North Stand box holders lounge at Villa Park. Doors open at 12.30, there will be a talk re the book and Nigel’s career at 1pm and then at 2pm there will be a book signing in the club shop. There will be items from the Aston Villa archives on display from Nigel's time at Villa inc Jimmy Dugdales match worn '57 final shirt. As well as Nigel attending, his former Villa team mates Ron Wylie, Jimmy MacEwan, Harry Burrows and Alan Deakin who all contributed to the making of the book, will be in attendance, it is expected Jackie Sewell will be coming also.I have just had it confirmed that Nigel’s ex-Wolves teammate Johnny Walker will also be there on the day. Fans can come along for a meet and greet! Free admission all welcome

I don't mean to piss on your post but I'd bet that at least 90% of the regular posters on here don't even know who he is!
Then it's about time they **** did.

I watched him play through a cup game against Lincoln city....whilst carrying a broken collar bone for a good portion of the match.

days when men were men.

decent keeper was Nigel

Ps ...sorry it was division 2 game

Aston%20Villa%2063-64%20Road%20Team.jpg

This is him with the 1963-4 squad, his last season with Villa but the one in which I remember him as goalkeeper most clearly.

Amazing how many of those players I can remember so well. Alan Deakin, Charlie Aitken, John Sleeuwenhoek, Tony Hateley, Phil Woosnam, Harry Burrows... they were my heroes when I was a nipper

Mind you it was a pretty terrible season and we were relegated to Division two within 4 seasons. :(

This is him with the 1963-4 squad, his last season with Villa but the one in which I remember him as goalkeeper most clearly.

Amazing how many of those players I can remember so well. Alan Deakin, Charlie Aitken, John Sleeuwenhoek, Tony Hateley, Phil Woosnam, Harry Burrows... they were my heroes when I was a nipper

Mind you it was a pretty terrible season and we were relegated to Division two within 4 seasons. :(

used to sit on my dads shoulders on the Holte watching that team, bet I was popular with them behind.

used to sit on my dads shoulders on the Holte watching that team, bet I was popular with them behind.

So that was you, was it? :lol:

I actually used to go with a schoolfriend, his dad and his grandad. The two grown-ups had season tickets for seats and they used to take us to the gates of the Holte End, wait for a responsible-looking adult to come along, and ask him to take us in and make sure we got good places.

Just wouldn't happen these days...

So that was you, was it? :lol:

I actually used to go with a schoolfriend, his dad and his grandad. The two grown-ups had season tickets for seats and they used to take us to the gates of the Holte End, wait for a responsible-looking adult to come along, and ask him to take us in and make sure we got good places.

Just wouldn't happen these days...

you must have been posh

I don't mean to piss on your post but I'd bet that at least 90% of the regular posters on here don't even know who he is!
Then it's about time they **** did.
:clap:

:clap: Abso f*****lutely!

Saw Nigel play many times - good luck to him with the book

Exactly the same for me. Was great to see that picture again - just saved it for my PC.

The 'next' team has fond memories, too - with the likes of Pat McMahon, Willie Anderson, Ian Ross, Bruce Rioch, Ray Graydon, et al.

Â