E3 2012

villa4europe

But yeah, Like Chindie has said, I think the Wii U will flop badly. I sort of feel sorry for them just because I have a soft spot for Nintendo but it's their own fault. How long can we go on with these never ending, horrifically boring Mario titles, they simply have to move forward in that respect but they just won't.

They hit a massive gap in the market with the Wii and from what I've seen the Wii U just isn't innovative enough to dominate the market. The super, super casual approach just won't wash, people have and will see through it.

When is the Rockstar presentation?

They better show GTA V but I don't think they will, they always seem to avoid showing GTA at E3s.

No Rockstar press conference at E3 this year. They also said no GTA stuff either.

I don't get the point of the Wii U.

All I know is if you are playing and your mom wants to watch TV you can carrying on playing on the controller screen?

Just seems like Wii HD to me...

I was kind of hoping GTA 5 would get some coverage here, but everywhere seems to be sayign that Rockstar are too 'cool' for it of sorts, probably true.

It's picking up a lot of pace recently though GTA, a lot of things suggesting an October release date, that or next Spring. I can't see it being this year, although we're definitely due another trailer.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Last Guardian wasn't being shown, from a while ago, now I come to think of it.

As for GTA - Rockstar basically don't need to bother anymore. They can do their own thing with GTA and be justified in doing so.

I'm still struggling to get my head round just how weak that Nintendo conference was... If that takes off, I'll be shocked. I didn't see a system shifter there, a killer app. Wii Sports sold Wiis. It captured the imagination instantly. Nothing with the Wii U does that at all. They needed to have something simple that sells the machine to the mass market. And to get the hardcore on board, they needed to release details of one of their big hitters. Didn't need to be a launch title, didn't need even need to be *spit* 'Launch window', it just had to be something that had Mario or Zelda in a proper big deal game.

And they didn't.

The Wonderbook thing is one of the worst things I've ever seen in an E3 conference.

You have to wonder, did nobody, nobody at all, at Sony, not look at the thing and say 'You're ****' kidding right? Burn the plans and bury the ashes, and consider yourself sacked. You - you're in charge now. Make a good platformer, for ze children'.

They used **** Move. Nobody has a Move. Nobody cares about Move. Theres a reason for that.

Actually, I have a Move. But yeh, I don't care the **** out of that thing. It's been out of its box once, and that was just to see how squidgy the squidgy looking thing on top was.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Last Guardian wasn't being shown, from a while ago, now I come to think of it.

As for GTA - Rockstar basically don't need to bother anymore. They can do their own thing with GTA and be justified in doing so.

I'm still struggling to get my head round just how weak that Nintendo conference was... If that takes off, I'll be shocked. I didn't see a system shifter there, a killer app. Wii Sports sold Wiis. It captured the imagination instantly. Nothing with the Wii U does that at all. They needed to have something simple that sells the machine to the mass market. And to get the hardcore on board, they needed to release details of one of their big hitters. Didn't need to be a launch title, didn't need even need to be *spit* 'Launch window', it just had to be something that had Mario or Zelda in a proper big deal game.

And they didn't.

I've seen alot of commentators saying that they fear it's a return to the 'dark days' of Nintendo with Gamecube and a bunch of average handhelds.

I genuinely wanted to like the Wii U, but there seems to be very little content, the only thing that wet my appetite was Lego City: Undercover. and i'm sure that'll become available across consoles.

I do worry for Nintendo at the moment, my 3ds would have been such a waste of money if i'd have paid the retail price for it, hardly any games on that to drag you in.

People beg for innovation and nintendo provide it, sadly when the novelty wears off you are left with nothing more than gimmicks. Wii was fun but after the novelty wore off you were left with largely average games for the most part (mario galaxy games etc are the rare exception) I would rather have a group of great games that stick to tried and tested methods, I applaud nintendo for always pushing the boundaries and thinking outside the box but gamers want to play games and the best way to do that is by getting a controller and pressing some bloody buttons. You don't have to destroy a town to build a house, innovation isn;t everything

Â