E3 2012

villa4europe

NFS:MW is to be an 'open world' racer... Hmm, Burnout Paradise meets Hot Pursuit then?

Looks very pretty but I never got on with Paradise's open world thing, I hated having to guess at routes.

Crysis 3 is very pretty and a bit different from your usual modern military shooter, but what they showed off really doesn't show off anything like what they've been saying, that it's a return to the more open fluid shooting of the first game. That section was nothing more than a very well produced corridor shooter.

Ubisoft up next and I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it... it's usually mental. Assassins Creed 3 and a new Rayman are certs, and theres word doing the rounds they've got something we don't know about to show off so might be worth a look. Maybe.

The BF3 DLC is a bit rubbish. It sounds like one of the DLC packages was for single player, and as a single player game it sucks. It's meant to be played multiplayer.

I was going to purchase BF3 Premium but really unsure now, especially as the PC gamers have to wait a week on the PS3? DICE said that the PC would be the "leading platform"... doesn't seem that way.

Oh well.... I'm hoping FIFA is good.

I thought it was all multiplayer content?

I got the impression that the one which was based around straight after a earthquake was single player. I may have just got that totally wrong tho.

Dont forget that you've already been given one of the five dlc's in B2K.

So you're paying for 2 more Multiplayer DLC's in CQC and Armoured kill.

The last 2 DLC's are rumoured to be Co-Op and Single player.. might be worth just buying the 2 extra MP map packs for a £10-ner each I think.

I don't like the way they want us to spend £50 on it NOW without even telling us what the DLC is going to be fully.

We only know for certain what 2 of the 4 maps on CQC are..

I'm not sure after all the disapointment of BF3 currently I can handle giving DICE another £40..

NFS:MW is to be an 'open world' racer... Hmm, Burnout Paradise meets Hot Pursuit then?

Looks very pretty but I never got on with Paradise's open world thing, I hated having to guess at routes.

Really? I thought Burnout Paradise was a decent game. I still play it from time to time.

The PS3 stuff starts at around 1.30 am GMT. I might watch it for a bit. Rumour has it that they aren't going to be revealing anything groundbreaking though. More than likely trying to push Vita I imagine.

And they've bought the UFC licence.

I'm gutted about this. The MMA game that EA made was rubbish compared to what THQ do.

I'm not too surprised though as THQ seem to be working a lot harder on WWE games, especially since the switch from the SDVSRAW series to WWE12. From what I've seen so far of WWE13 it looks awesome.

Really? I thought Burnout Paradise was a decent game. I still play it from time to time.

The PS3 stuff starts at around 1.30 am GMT. I might watch it for a bit. Rumour has it that they aren't going to be revealing anything groundbreaking though. More than likely trying to push Vita I imagine.

I wanted to like Paradise but never got on with it.

Sony will chuck Vita stuff off like no-ones business, because they need to, will give bigger looks at the Last of Us and few other new titles, and then are almost certainly announcing some sort of deal with a cloud gaming company. Don't expect anything crazy.

I've watched a bit of the Ubisoft conference and they've pushed a fair bit of Wii U stuff, and haven't done badly actually.

They obviously had a big thing on AC3, which appears to a be redcoat murder simulator - I'm still not sure about it. A lot of people seem totally sold, it has questions for me still. I'm beginning to think the series can't win me round, I loved it but then it stagnated fast and all I can do now is look at it and see all it's flaws, flaws that seem to remain present in this game. But then I don't want to lose the things that signified it as a good game. Catch-22.

And they've bought the UFC licence.

Lol after they insulted the UFC owner (Dana White?) and he said he would ban anyone who signed up for EA Sports MMA.

Dana White appeared on stage and seemed quite happy about the whole deal.

We can only assume that the thing Dana White likes more than burly men knocking 7 bells out of each other, is filthy lucre.

Ubisoft are currently showing off what I can only assume is the big new IP people rumoured. Started off with a pretentious scene setter/background concept video but now it's got going with gameplay it's kinda cool - lots of conspiracy hacker stuff, obviously got some AC tech underneath, but looks cool as hell.

Actually as I type that it's turned into a cover shooter. Oh well. Looks interesting regardless... Watchdogs seems to be the title. Thats the most interesting thing of E3 so far.

Ubisoft, in winning E3 Day One shocker.

Money talks and they must have paid alot. I saw an interview with Dana White talking about what a great deal it was. He also tweeted about it too. I know that he wasn't too happy with a couple of things in UFC Undisputed 3 anyway.

EA will have thrown money at the UFC. THQ get another kick in their rapidly shrinking balls.

Back to the game Ubi rounded out with - Honestly, thats looking like game of the show stuff. It looked... well it looked gorgeous. And it seemed to be like the old PC game Uplink crossed with GTA crossed with Assassins Creed. Your character seems able to hack and so on at will - the demo opened up a mission that, in something like GTA/AC would be an assassination, sneak your way into a club, find some guy, etc etc. But it played out a little differently to that. He uses his phone to cause a distraction at the door to an art gallery, for example. I was almsot sad it turned a bit cover shooter at the end, if I'm honest... but wow. Absolutely intrigued. And I cannot get over how good it looked.

UFC president Dana White has a simple message for fighters dreaming of competing in the world-famous octagon: Don't do business with EA Sports.

In an edict that started as a rumor on internet message boards, White stated after Saturday's historic UFC 100 event that he was "at war" with the popular video-game developers and that those that side with EA Sports will find themselves out of the UFC's good graces.

But perhaps surprising to some, White insists it was EA Sports that fired the first salvo in the still-developing controversy.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," White said. "But let me tell you what – I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them."

EA Sports holds the publishing rights for several of the market's most successful sports-related video games, including the Madden NFL, FIFA, NASCAR and Tiger Woods PGA series. White said the UFC had hoped to join the ranks of those titles, but the California-based EA Sports declined to discuss the possibility.

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

With EA Sports passing on the rights to the UFC's video game license, rival software company THQ elected to partner with mixed martial arts' biggest promotion. The company's first effort, "UFC Undisputed 2009," has shipped approximately 2 million units since its May release according to White, and the fiery exec is upset that EA Sports is now changing their tune with the recent announcement of a forthcoming "EA Sports MMA" title.

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a video game. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago.

"You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them. This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

White views EA Sports' tactics with obvious disapproval, and he's made it clear that any fighter who signs over their likeness to the new project will be blacklisted from the UFC.

"I'm not tap-dancing around this thing or whatever," White said. "I'm telling you straight-up, I'm at war with them right now. That's how I look at it."

While former UFC champion and currently contracted UFC fighter Randy Couture is expected to appear in the EA Sports offering – a matter White says the company worked through with "The Natural" during a recent court appearance – the UFC president said not to expect that trend to continue.

"You won't be in the UFC," White said about additional fighters who sign with EA Sports.

Despite reports that Nick Diaz, Mohammed "King Mo" Lawal, Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Jake Shields – all potential targets to fight for the UFC in the future – have agreed to appear in the EA Sports title, White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he's not sure who the software company has secured for the upcoming MMA game.

But White remains firm in his decision, and he believes he's doing it for the right reasons.

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't.

"EA doesn't give a [expletive] about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

:lol:

Watch Dogs

Honestly, watch that. Even if the concept does nothing for you, it's just beautiful looking. Fantastic. If that can manage to have things like the traffic light switching to catch the guy in a car crash be more fluid and less like a set piece... well... incredible.

See, new IP and people love it!

Indeed. Looks too good for 360 to me - that was either running on a top of the line PC and polished to ****, or Ubi just gave us a crafty look at what next gen can do - thats beyond what the 360 can do imo, unless Ubisoft just managed to make the Xbox turbocharged with dev wizardry.

EDIT - apparently that was a PC run demo, not really surprising, but the game is being developed for PS3 and 360... which means that it won't look anything like that come launch if you're on console.

Still, the looks aren't all that sold me that, it's an interesting concept. And new!

I think Watch Dogs has been the best game showed so far. E3 has been pretty disappointing so far. With E3 i prefer them to show games no one even knows are in development and surprise everyone the way Watch Dogs did.

Â