E3 2012

villa4europe

The thing is, most people seem to believe that Microsoft probably could, if they wanted to, have done a decent reveal on the next console this year - word is that the chipset was done a while ago and devkits have been around for a while now rumour has it.

But because Sony are in a state, and because the 360 just keeps marching on, and because the economy is still ****, they don't need to. So they're taking their time.

If nothing else, E3 this year seems like it's going to convince me that the Kinect isn't just bad, it's the Devil.

Oh, I know why Microsoft are doing what they are doing, and they arent going to **** up their position as market leader like Sony did when transitioning from PS2 to PS3. The next Xbox will be a DX11 PC in a fancy box and built in Kinect. For now Microsoft know they can get another year out of the 360 and I guess they hope the Wii U is somewhat successful as developers can then make 360 conversions of Wii U games (or most likely the other way round) but I think the core gamers are getting bored of the same old shit. I know new IP rarely sells unless it is right at the start of a new generation of hardware, but good god am I ready for a new generation of hardware.

I agree there. All the franchises, even the ones I like, are feeling so tired.

I don't think it's a surprise that the games I've enjoyed most in the last 12 months, have been either sequels back after a long absence (Skyrim, Mortal Kombat), or sequels that haven't been drummed into the ground (Batman Arkham City).

There's a desperate need for new IP.

Seems like Nintendo is announcing some sort of new 3DS. Nikkei has apparently discovered news of a 3DS with a 4.3inch screen.

Now - full redesign, as Nintendo loves to do? Or new model ala the DSi XL?

I'm going with the latter.

3DSi XL. A big screen gives more space for a big battery doesnt it? The thing badly needs a second analogue stick though. I still think it was penny pinching which caused them to leave the second stick off of the 3DS in the first place, and unfortunately for Nintendo it has bitten them in the arse this time.

3DSi XL. A big screen gives more space for a big battery doesnt it? The thing badly needs a second analogue stick though. I still think it was penny pinching which caused them to leave the second stick off of the 3DS in the first place, and unfortunately for Nintendo it has bitten them in the arse this time.

Yep, thats my bet too. And the big screen should indeed solve, or go some way to solving, one of the issues the 3DS has, the battery life. Which is shite.

It always should have had 2 sticks of course. Even if only to make the thing more flexible for the games it can play. Unfortunately it's now looking like that just won't happen - because so few games seems to make use of the add on second pad and so few of the things got sold it's unlikely to push them into putting up the cash to add it on, especially when they've has a terrible year financially and would immediately make the original model reasonably obsolete.

An idiotic mistake. I'd have more faith in that console with a redesign and second stick. Ain't happening though.

Hmm they just said that the guys from Respawn are there. Aren't they the guys from Activision who left and created their own team? I think they were the guys responsible for COD1, 2, 4 and MW2.

If that's the case then I can imagine them creating a good game, through out every COD they worked on they always had new ideas and improvements to the dynamics of the game.

Respawn are working on something but nobody has a clue what, besides some blurry images they've released. Fairly safe to assume it's an FPS though.

EA is on atm, showing off Gears of Dead Space.

I'll give E3 this year this, only on the second conference and we've about 3 great bits of music picked for the trailers and clips shown. A Perfect Circle for the Gears teaser, and EA so far have used Mogwai and Explosions in the Sky.

That Battlefield Premium thing leaves a slightly nasty taste in the mouth. It just seems cynical. 5 $10 expansions, made purely because we know theres an audience who will need them if we release them. May as well be called Battlefield Cash-in.

The BF3 DLC is a bit rubbish. It sounds like one of the DLC packages was for single player, and as a single player game it sucks. It's meant to be played multiplayer.

I was going to purchase BF3 Premium but really unsure now, especially as the PC gamers have to wait a week on the PS3? DICE said that the PC would be the "leading platform"... doesn't seem that way.

Oh well.... I'm hoping FIFA is good.

The BF3 DLC is a bit rubbish. It sounds like one of the DLC packages was for single player, and as a single player game it sucks. It's meant to be played multiplayer.

I was going to purchase BF3 Premium but really unsure now, especially as the PC gamers have to wait a week on the PS3? DICE said that the PC would be the "leading platform"... doesn't seem that way.

I thought it was all multiplayer content?

SW:TOR - DON'T MENTION THE HIDEOUS LOSS OF USERS! It's all good!

:crylaugh:

And Medal of Honor: Warfighter. Yawn. It's not possible for a modern military shooter to look exciting any more. I dunno why they're doing such a lengthy demo - no-one cares and everyone in the audience could describe the game to within spitting distance of what it really is with ease.

I thought it was all multiplayer content?

I got the impression that the one which was based around straight after a earthquake was single player. I may have just got that totally wrong tho.

Â