No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Really want OGS. Didn't really want Lambert before this news broke anyway. Lambert & Martinez are mid-table Premier League managers at best. I can't see either of them doing any spectacular in years to come, and if it was one of them it would be Martinez anyway.

Been saying for ages how OSG will get a good job in Europe soon. The work he has done at Utd reserves, then at Molde has been outstanding. I genuinely feel he will grow to become of the best managers around. Future Utd manager for sure in my eyes.

Simply have to get him before someone else does. He obviously wants to come and I am sure Villa will make it happen after seeing this excitement around him. After all they want a manager who can bring the fans back to the club and instill some "vibrancy".

Personally I think we will appoint him but it won't be until the break in the Norwegian league, which is a couple of weeks away. We like to do things properly so can't see us pissing of Molde by saying we want him now when we could have in 2 weeks with no difference to us, but leaving them without a manager.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming the Norwich board want to keep hold of Lambert, I would imagine that the news that we're in for OGS would make them more determined to fend off our advances?

If Lambert is our choice and he wants the job, there is nothing they can do.

Except name their price, surely?

He could resign and Norwich get nothing - without going to court

Or Norwich could accept he's going and agree a compensation package with norwich .....

One thing though - I don't see PL coming in for a chat - If he comes for the interview he will want some assurances that the job will be offered - or at least that is the starting intention.

He won't jepordise what he has at norwich - on the basis he is one in 3 up for the job - he will want to be the prefferred candidate - all IMO of course.

I think the fact that OGS seems quite happy to risk everything to take the Villa job sums it up for me.

I know we have not heard much from PL, but with OGS, you can already sense that he has the desire to do well with us.

I'm quite happy for either PL or OGS to be appointed, I'm confident both would take us forward as a club. My only concern would be that this is probably the only time Solskjær will be available to us and yes he is the bigger risk, but should we not take a chance on him we may look back on it as an opportunity missed.

He obviously wants to come and I am sure Villa will make it happen after seeing this excitement around him. After all they want a manager who can bring the fans back to the club and instill some "vibrancy".

Yeah, I forgot we were promised a "young and vivacious" manager. Sounds more like OGS than Lambert, anyway.

I'd feel really bad for OGS if he didn't get the job after all this. Obviously we can't let that cloud our judgement if he isn't the best candidate. But he is.

As I read in norwegian papers, the only thing now missing is an offer from Villa.

I would guess the price will be somewhere around 3M. OGS still have 2 more years in his contract.

So, can Lerner afford 3M ?

I'm quite happy for either PL or OGS to be appointed, I'm confident both would take us forward as a club. My only concern would be that this is probably the only time Solskjær will be available to us and yes he is the bigger risk, but should we not take a chance on him we may look back on it as an opportunity missed.

Total agreement with this ^

We really could miss and opportunity, despite it being a risk, I think it would be a worthy one.

nothing wrong with an interview process.

How are Lerner/Faulkner supposed to know the personality of OGS/Lambert/whoever if they dont talk to them? It's pretty stupid to ring someone up and say "Hi, Paul? Its Randy Lerner here, just wondered if you wanted to be our manager? You do? Great, see you Monday"

They have to get a feeling that he's the right fit, especially after the **** up of the last appointment, they have to agree on budgets, contracts etc and you cant do that without talking to the candidate(s) first.

Seeing there is a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a PL club comes in I would say he should cost nothin......even paying off his 2 yr contract (if we had to) won't cost more than £100k I wouldn't think

Going by the board statements it would seem that OGS is their preferred candidate.
What board statements?
About how they want a "vibrant" manager.
I think the quote was about "Bringing back vibrancy to VP." The best way to do that would be to pick the most popular choice, you'd think.

Going by the board statements it would seem that OGS is their preferred candidate.
What board statements?
About how they want a "vibrant" manager.
I think the quote was about "Bringing back vibrancy to VP." The best way to do that would be to pick the most popular choice, you'd think.
And we all know who that is. :D