No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

At the end of the day the Villa managers job is vacant. There have probably been a few people apply (MM), our board probably have a few people who haven't applied in mind (OGS), they aren't going to just get one guy in and sign him there and then.

OGS has come in, as per the boards request, for an interview and for them to explain the situation and expectations. I reckon we could see a few more names over the next week. So I don't expect anything to be signed and sealed this weekend with OGS. He's in the running and he's had his interview. That's all.

I think it is a bit more than that Dante. I think he is their choice. Otherwise you would not fly him over on Randy's own jet.

The most inconspicuous way would have been OGS to fly to Manchester and meet in a secret location.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's all wrapped up, just waiting till next week to announce it. Remember he has kids back in Norway too, so there may be a lot more personal stuff sort out compared to any of the previous three managers.

Just to update there is some misinformation going around that OGS has departed on Mr Lerner's jet, back to Norway.

This information may have been fed to at least one Sky reporter.

Mr.Lerner's jet has gone back to the U.S., with him on board. If OGS is going back it is a fairly long winded and arduous trip with SAS via Copenhagen and Oslo. If he does this, then he will likely take tomorrow morning's Copenhagen flight out of BHX, or go to Oslo from Heathrow.

Would also contradict the reports that Mrs Solskjaer had booked herself into the hotel.

Ill still be listening to VT for developments on this, most media out lets have been so far behind.

Ill still be listening to VT for developments on this, most media out lets have been so far behind.

I think they're only behind for as long as it takes them to read VT and plagiarise what's here :mrgreen:

I actually do not think this is happening now, am tempted to lay money against it but also not sure who might be 'second choice'. Cannot see Lambert wanting it now, Martinez has bigger fish to fry and considering we had contacted Molde Tuesday, at that point Whelan was saying nothing from Villa (but contact from Liverpool). Rodgers rejected Liverpool, so no chance there. Little bit concerned who we might be in for as I am pretty convinced it won't be OGS.

Based on what? hearing nothing? talk about jumping to conclusions.

At the end of the day the Villa managers job is vacant. There have probably been a few people apply (MM), our board probably have a few people who haven't applied in mind (OGS), they aren't going to just get one guy in and sign him there and then.

OGS has come in, as per the boards request, for an interview and for them to explain the situation and expectations. I reckon we could see a few more names over the next week. So I don't expect anything to be signed and sealed this weekend with OGS. He's in the running and he's had his interview. That's all.

I think it is a bit more than that Dante. I think he is their choice. Otherwise you would not fly him over on Randy's own jet.

The most inconspicuous way would have been OGS to fly to Manchester and meet in a secret location.

I think that OGS is a board favourite, but by the same token I also think the board are wanting to do things right this time and as such will have a few people in for talks. I don't think they would restrict themselves to just 1 target. The fastest way to get OGS in for a talk would be to fly him in, so that's what they've done.

Plus it looks professional :D

surely Lerner wouldn't have gone home if it wasn't signed , sealed and delivered ?

I think the opposite. He would only stay until it was signed, sealed & delivered. He's gone because his work is done IMHO.

which is the same as what I posted and not the opposite :-)

Love that we sent a private jet to bring Solskjaer in. The Blues board told Hughton "Catch the 45 and get off at the Man On The Moon"

Good in terms of the contrast! Solskjaer's supposed to be a modest guy with 'real world' values, though; too much flash might make him uncomfortable.

I'm sure he could always donate the £10m wiki has him down as being worth to charity if that is the case :-)

surely Lerner wouldn't have gone home if it wasn't signed , sealed and delivered ?

I think the opposite. He would only stay until it was signed, sealed & delivered. He's gone because his work is done IMHO.

I was suitably chastised further up the thread.

I actually do not think this is happening now, am tempted to lay money against it but also not sure who might be 'second choice'. Cannot see Lambert wanting it now, Martinez has bigger fish to fry and considering we had contacted Molde Tuesday, at that point Whelan was saying nothing from Villa (but contact from Liverpool). Rodgers rejected Liverpool, so no chance there. Little bit concerned who we might be in for as I am pretty convinced it won't be OGS.

Based on what? hearing nothing? talk about jumping to conclusions.

So, people saying he has signed based on nothing are not jumping to conclusions where-as I, seeing Villa without a manager and no announcement decide it might not happen and I am jumping to conclusions..? :?

I was suitably chastised further up the thread.

tbf I didn't think the chastising went far enough so I thought I'd repeat it :P

Pete Colley ‏@petecolley

Right..OGS flown home! RL gone to the US! Talks went well but only preliminary.OGS not the only candidate...more talks next week! And rest:)

who is this Pete Colley?

and would he know, or just guessing?