No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

I'm not giving it the old I told you so...

It's just sad people can't accept that he's decided the stay after speaking with the owner and his family. Have you seen where he lives FFS? He won't be resigning from anywhere. Take it at face value because it's the truth.

Stop looking for desperate justification to hide your disappointment.

It's just a bit strange that this is coming from just one norwegian source (TV2) and it seems everyone is just jumping on that quote without asking important questions, like who the hell is this Doogan fellow and why is he speaking to TV2 and no one else.

He'll have briefed the English journos too, don't forget they broke the story. It's just for whatever reason they chose not to mention him by name.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not giving it the old I told you so...

It's just sad people can't accept that he's decided the stay after speaking with the owner and his family. Have you seen where he lives FFS? He won't be resigning from anywhere. Take it at face value because it's the truth.

Stop looking for desperate justification to hide your disappointment.

It's just a bit strange that this is coming from just one norwegian source (TV2) and it seems everyone is just jumping on that quote without asking important questions, like who the hell is this Doogan fellow and why is he speaking to TV2 and no one else.

I believe a comment did come from Doogan, not sure it is an official comment yet and OGS has not made any commitment to Molde either, even after being quizzed on it. I do not think OGS has actually said in a statement (yet) that he has either.

Doogan is head of media, been here for 3 years. So, yes he should be talking with things like this, guess he is the PR man really.

It must be true Then !

If Brendan Rogers can turn down the bin dippers!

But OGS hasnt turned us down.

We move on then, no problem.

Poyet, Lambert, anyone leftfield will do for me!

Due to renew very soon. UTV. Keep the faith.

Head of media for past 3 years.

he must have the cushiest job in football... 3 years and his first press release :-)

Probably due to it being quoted in Norway/on their TV. We've not really been in that position before.

Head of media for past 3 years.

he must have the cushiest job in football... 3 years and his first press release :-)

That's what has got me.. Why choose now to speak up. Maybe he finally decided to do his job, but it seems like these journalists just checked out our staff listing and found the name of the one guy that would represent us. The fact is for the last 5 or so years Faulkner has been doing his job for him.. Surely the word would come from him.

He's our press officer - the one who gave info to Kendrick and SSN. Yet you people still won't believe it because some bedsit fantasist ITK.

The truth is you don't want to believe it, despite it being obvious and confirmed by our own bloody club !! It's what children do when they can't accept things they don't like. Embarrassing.

So Tim, I know you may not give away your sources, but how did you find out before everyone else? And are you 100% sure because nothing official has come from Villa, Molde or OGS yet?

Confirmed by a source in Norway and I knew the game was up when it was stood up by someone at Villa. As a rule, football clubs don't tend to like to put official lines out about this kind of thing. Molde may well do something but it will be along the lines of OGS putting everything in the past etc.

We did last year

Which makes this even more interesting as OGS would have told our people first, so strange our guy Doogan has released something the way he has.

Are people going to get over their screaming teen fantasy now?

Don't get me wrong, I'd have been happy enough with Ole but he's really not the standout candidate for the job at all. Now let's concentrate on getting that man - Paul Lambert - in as quickly as possible.

At the present time we're pretty much a sideways step for the likes of Lambert, Martinez and Rodgers.

Sorry mate that's absolute bollocks. Total horseshit.

2 poor seasons (one of which we ended 9th anyway) doesn't mean we don't still represent a significant step up from Wigan, Norwich or Swansea by just about any conceivable measure. Rodgers has his own reasons for staying but the other two should be obtainable.

I cant stand all this interview bollocks, decide who you want and get him.

This is the 3rd appointment in the row that is fast turning farcical, I never remember Doug doing interviews.

Agree. It makes things very hard when trying to approach candidate 2/3/4 - doesn't say much to them.

Clearly we've turned OGS down, which is pretty **** annoying if you ask me. Then again I'm not surprised when I remember that this is the same board that appointed Alex **** McLeish.

He's our press officer - the one who gave info to Kendrick and SSN. Yet you people still won't believe it because some bedsit fantasist ITK.

The truth is you don't want to believe it, despite it being obvious and confirmed by our own bloody club !! It's what children do when they can't accept things they don't like. Embarrassing.

I think you'll find that everyone has accepted the possibility that it is true, but are just waiting for an official line so the matter can be closed. The fact that a story has come out with no official comment, especially after reports like these already being u-turned during this situation, is more than enough for people to be skeptical without being called children from someone who can't just stop typing and **** off to bed.

I cant stand all this interview bollocks, decide who you want and get him.

This is the 3rd appointment in the row that is fast turning farcical, I never remember Doug doing interviews.

Agree. It makes things very hard when trying to approach candidate 2/3/4 - doesn't say much to them.

Exactly, 'yes great interview Ole, but we got steve mclaren coming in tomorrow so we'll let you know'

Clearly we've turned OGS down, which is pretty **** annoying if you ask me. Then again I'm not surprised when I remember that this is the same board that appointed Alex **** McLeish.

This is my belief.

I think OGS has done this to save face and improve his standing with a) his board and B) the fans.

Only ones who lose, again. Are the Aston Villa fans. Nothing new..

Ok, I'm sticking my neck out here.. But here goes.

Do not lock this thread yet.

Interesting that he went out to 26-1 and is suddenly bein backed down to 14-1

Someone is still chucking money on him

A post from Gazton, a similar tweet from @Fourth_Official and 10 people to jump on BetFair = odds come shooting in.

Personally, I wouldnt read too much into it...

However, if you want conspiracy theories answer this... how the hell did Matt Kendrick know what was happening inside a house in a part of the world which he has never set foot in before anyone else in Norway knew???

hmmmmmmm........

Someone said on here earlier that Kendrick was probably more ITK than people give him credit for.

He's a great journalist, simple as that. Everyone moaned at him for not bowing to fans' pressure during the McLeish reign and writing what everyone wanted him to, without failing to realise that as a reporter from a local newspaper, he has to keep the club on side. Why? Because then he can break exclusives like he has done tonight. Swings and roundabouts.

Ok, I'm sticking my neck out here.. But here goes.

Do not lock this thread yet.

Interesting that he went out to 26-1 and is suddenly bein backed down to 14-1

Someone is still chucking money on him

A post from Gazton, a similar tweet from @Fourth_Official and 10 people to jump on BetFair = odds come shooting in.

Personally, I wouldnt read too much into it...

However, if you want conspiracy theories answer this... how the hell did Matt Kendrick know what was happening inside a house in a part of the world which he has never set foot in before anyone else in Norway knew???

hmmmmmmm........

Someone said on here earlier that Kendrick was probably more ITK than people give him credit for.

He's a great journalist, simple as that. Everyone moaned at him for not bowing to fans' pressure during the McLeish reign and writing what everyone wanted him to, without failing to realise that as a reporter from a local newspaper, he has to keep the club on side. Why? Because then he can break exclusives like he has done tonight. Swings and roundabouts.

Weren't really exclusive since Tim Abraham broke the news a good 20mins before Mat on here.

This is my belief.

I think OGS has done this to save face and improve his standing with a) his board and B) the fans.

Only ones who lose, again. Are the Aston Villa fans. Nothing new..

Thing is, that must mean we have our man already?