General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I reckon it could be someone completely out of left field. Both Houllier and McLeish took us by surprise.

Quite a few VTers won a fair bit of money when Houllier was appointed........

I reckon it could be someone completely out of left field. Both Houllier and McLeish took us by surprise.

Thanks to you of course, but let's be honest, when MON resigned how many thought we would end up with Houllier? He was 40/1 or something like that originally I seem to remember.

Reporting on SSN that Claudio Ranieri has said he wants the Villa job!
Would love this. :)

Is there any chance we could have a poll with plenty of options added to this please Mods? How is Randy going to make the right choice if we don't tell him who we want! :winkold:

If we get AVB in, I will definitely be having VILLAS BOYS on the back of my shirt!

I have a feeling that Lambert will get it. I think he would relish the next step up the managerial ladder and I don't know why but he seems to have an aura about him that says winner! If you look where he has taken Norwich to with those resources what could he do with us given time? We have a better wage structure and he will have a bigger pool of young players coming through to work with. Plus the added bonus of a few quality players already here. I certainly wouldn't mind him having a go.

Thanks to you of course, but let's be honest, when MON resigned how many thought we would end up with Houllier? He was 40/1 or something like that originally

Fair point.

I just like it when Sky and the BBC read it on VT first :winkold:

Carew, Houllier.....what next?

I just hope we don't listen to that horrible man Alec Ferguson because we may end up with Willie Miller; it makes you wonder how Ferguson has existed this long with his backing of McLeish?!

In all seriousness I hope we get Andre Villas-Boas as he has a great deal to prove; you never know? Failing that Moyes i'm not taken with Lambert but what do I know?

Why is Ian Holloway never mentioned? I know he's in the middle of getting blackpool promoted but I rarely heard his name talked about before...

I would love to have him here - he's a fun and charismatic guy who gets his team playing great attacking football.

Can do it on a shoe string budget as well!

Why is Ian Holloway never mentioned? I know he's in the middle of getting blackpool promoted but I rarely heard his name talked about before...

I would love to have him here - he's a fun and charismatic guy who gets his team playing great attacking football.

Can do it on a shoe string budget as well!

Can do what on a shoestring?

Lambert Marteniz AVB and Rafa I think are the four being listed.
Would be very happy with any one of those.

The standout candidate for me since the rumours of McLeish's dimise is Rafa.

Exactly what we need for so many reasons but Lerner's cheque book will have to match Rafa's ambition and therein might be the problem.

I hate Holloway after what he said about Villa, anyway he won't be on the radar. The early rumblings about Lambert won't have come out of nothing, he's my favourite for the time being.

FWIW I would love another Houllier type, as in a big European name who could get some foreign talent in, Ranieri would be good but whoever it is I hope he gets to gut the whole team out. **** me it needs it.