General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Can't tell who I want less, Di Matteo or Martinez. Both will be a disaster.

All Di Matteo did was play with Mowbray's team, from what I remember he signed generally rubbish, including Shorey.

Martinez would play football and happily take us down as long as put together nice little triangles.

We're a perfect club therefore for any up and coming manager to improve his CV.

The flip side is we could be perceived as a massive risk & potential death to a career

We will probably have to settle for a manager whose stock is not high at present

Glenn Hoddle for example?

The thing about Martinez is he seems very comfortable to have a team sat in the relegation zone for 6 months or more

Steve Bruce took Wigan places whereas Martinez has done his level best to take them down again

Initially it was exciting looking for a new manager especially as McLeish was gone. I'm bored of it now, I don't care who it is as long as I get my love for watching the Villa back. I will never not love the Villa but watching them last season was awful. So whoever is the new manager is, if they bring back that then I will be happy. To be honest I don't even have a preference of the names that have been touted. Nobody has jumped to my number 1 on my list but there are a few that are reasonably exciting but also some duds.

Anyone who thinks RDM was the reason they 'won' the euro cup needs their head looking at.

Chelsea won it because the billy big bollox players got rid of AVB. All they did then was revert to type. They did not win anything BECAUSE RDM was in charge.

so how comes ancelotti and mourinho didnt win it then based with the same core of players?

i just find it unbelievable that people dismiss RDM's role in their win. its ridiculous.

This.

RDM has achieved what the others tried and failed to do with pretty much the same players.

We're a perfect club therefore for any up and coming manager to improve his CV.

The flip side is we could be perceived as a massive risk & potential death to a career

We will probably have to settle for a manager whose stock is not high at present

Glenn Hoddle for example?

Ha ha yes

Listen I like some of Hoddles ideas but I don't think he'd last 12 months down the villa. He simply wouldn't gel with the fanbase (other than the lower Trinity who frankly blow smoke up any villa managers arse)

IF RDM was given the job then people need to get off his back & give him a chance,he would be better than a whole host of names linked.

He only lives in Ashley De La Zouch and would imo do a good job for us.

Anyone who thinks RDM was the reason they 'won' the euro cup needs their head looking at.

Chelsea won it because the billy big bollox players got rid of AVB. All they did then was revert to type. They did not win anything BECAUSE RDM was in charge.

You want to tell Abramovich to call off his search then because they don't need a manager; the players won two trophies all by themselves so why cant they do it again next season.

Tbh I suspect that something like that would work...

Agree diehardvillan, particularly on being young and hungry who is just starting on the managerial ladder. That's why OGS would've been perfect.

Oh by the way, anyone notice that Martinez is 1/100 on 32Red? Someone must've stuck a shit load of money on him tonight.

Looks like Liverpool are showing some ambition (something we are lacking) and going for Van Gaal instead.

How do you know we're not showing ambition?

Very strange that out of all the supposed candidates for the job the 2 the fans seem to be against are the 2 that have won the Champions League (Benitez and Di Matteo).

But somehow I think that is the right way to feel right now. Benitez would need money and with Di Matteo I really don't know what to expect.

I would be much more comfortable with Martinez, Lambert or Villas-Boas as these are managers with something to prove in the Premier League.

I honestly wouldn't touch Brendan Rogers. I just don't believe he is the mastermind behind what has happened to Swansea and would much prefer either of the 3 mentioned above.

Most fans would be very happy with Benitez and there's a good reason why many don't want RDM.

If RDM doesn't get the Chelsea job I think he will have psychological damage

We really could do without that baggage

"In your opinion"...

You could also look at the other way, and he would try to prove RM wrong...

BTW, are you just trying to increase you post count with some of this stuff you come up with?...

I also like how you wrote `won' , as if it was some sort of fluke. They turned over napoli and barca over two legs and beat bayern at home in the final.

By playing negative football and being very forunate, as all of them could have scored three or four. They didn't at the end of the day, yet let's not act like Chelsea weren't outplayed in all of those games. Lady luck was with them in a big way...

I also like how you wrote `won' , as if it was some sort of fluke. They turned over napoli and barca over two legs and beat bayern at home in the final.

By playing negative football and being very forunate, as all of them could have scored three or four. They didn't at the end of the day, yet let's not act like Chelsea weren't outplayed in all of those games. Lady luck was with them in a big way...

At West Brom he played very attacking football, reckless at times. At least the matches against Barca and Bayern show he is willing to adapt his tactics... and it worked!

If Mourinho had won the Champions League with Chelsea in the same manner, people would be calling him a tactical genius.

Clearly, OGS went and listened to Lerner / Faulkner and didn't like the sound of what he heard

No, he didn`t want to up root his family. That`s clear, because he told us.

However, as our Norwegian friend has already told us, he has had offers from PL clubs previously and so must had already had the family conversation. I believe he is using that as an excuse as he didn't like what he heard.

If Man U managers job came knocking, do you think he would turn the opportunity down? I don't.

Did he actually have the offer to become Villa manager?

I don't see how that is relevant to the argument.

Martinez has done a fantastic job on a shoestring budget! People keep saying Bruce, does Martinez have Cattermole, Valencia, Palacios, Heskey, Bramble. All players sold for big money, but not reinvested.

TBF I don't think a single person on this board has ever said they want Bruce.

Martinez has done a fantastic job on a shoestring budget! People keep saying Bruce, does Martinez have Cattermole, Valencia, Palacios, Heskey, Bramble. All players sold for big money, but not reinvested.

I think his point was that Bruce finished much higher up the table than Martinez... yet nobody wants Bruce.

I think he means people say Bruce did a better job with Wigan than Martinez.