General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Information given to the press does not have to be 100% factual

So what?

He gave his reasons if you don`t like them or want to call him a liar then thats your problem. Grow up ffs.

If he didn`t want to come here because he didn`t like what we can offer then we can`t do anything about that either. Theres No conspiracy by randy lerner to ruin his own buisness, he`s doing his best. He tried to get a manager i am assuming you liked the look of.

We are what we are, we can only offer what we have, we will have to find someone who fits us in the end anyway, the reasons for him pulling out are irrelevent.

I was talking to a Welsh lady who is a journalist down in Swansea last week. She was under the impression that Rodgers is going nowhere - Liverpool, Villa or anywhere else. Her view was that he has a real project at Swansea, and given that he has had his 'fingers burnt' elsewhere (Watford, Reading) he is more than happy at Swansea.

Could be wrong, but my guess is this is all rubbish.

Tend to agree with you Didier. I think the rumour mill will seize on anything at the moment. and distort it a thousandfold. Wales are playing a friendly against Mexico in NY on Sunday, perhaps he's just gone to watch that?

Think Liverpool are only doing what they said they would. Interviewing several candidates - seems a daft approach to me - do you research - target who you want, take steps to get him.....

Anyway - unless whelan is keeping very quiet - we aren't in for him.

Negative:

We have to wait for Liverpool and their merry bunch of dickheads to appoint someone before greedy agents take a breath and look at the Villa vacancy. As deluded as Liverpool fans are they still have the global presence and money to just about keep them in with elite football clubs of this world - although that is in danger of changing if they carry on as they have been.

Positive:

Once Plop have got their manager there is only us and West Brom needing a manager in the world's best league. We may have suffered in terms of status and PR since MON left but we still have the brand, fanbase, youth, infrastructure and finances to make us a half decent proposition. Granted we have fallen further than any would like to admit but there is a fine line between success and failure and it wouldn't take too much to turn us round.

Meh?:

I would be surprised if any of the Premiership's new guard or out of work old guard are that high up the list. I think an up and coming manager from a league or two down or abroad is more likely. We are not going to attract AVB or Guardiola, FSW probably thinks he should be managing a top four team, Lambert and Rodgers are strangely loyal to their clubs, Martinez has been brainwashed by Whelan into thinking he is a top four manager so even if he doesn't go to Anfield i think he will stay at Wigan rather than go to us, you never know though.

Poyet and Clarke would be good in my book.

Negative:

We have to wait for Liverpool and their merry bunch of dickheads to appoint someone before greedy agents take a breath and look at the Villa vacancy. As deluded as Liverpool fans are they still have the global presence and money to just about keep them in with elite football clubs of this world - although that is in danger of changing if they carry on as they have been.

Positive:

Once Plop have got their manager there is only us and West Brom needing a manager in the world's best league. We may have suffered in terms of status and PR since MON left but we still have the brand, fanbase, youth, infrastructure and finances to make us a half decent proposition. Granted we have fallen further than any would like to admit but there is a fine line between success and failure and it wouldn't take too much to turn us round.

Meh?:

I would be surprised if any of the Premiership's new guard or out of work old guard are that high up the list. I think an up and coming manager from a league or two down or abroad is more likely. We are not going to attract AVB or Guardiola, FSW probably thinks he should be managing a top four team, Lambert and Rodgers are strangely loyal to their clubs, Martinez has been brainwashed by Whelan into thinking he is a top four manager so even if he doesn't go to Anfield i think he will stay at Wigan rather than go to us, you never know though.

You have to ask yourself why Clark was sacked by Huddersfield. If their board thought that he was not good enough for them, I can't see how he would be good enough for Aston Villa.

Poyet, on the other hand, is a much more interesting proposition.

They are saying that John Henry has flown Brendan Rodgers to the US and he is now favourite for LFC job....maybe Martinez has turned them down!

Swansea issued a statement saying Brendan Rodgers had turned down the opportunity to speak to LFC on 18th May.....

Obviously things can change and all that but why turn talks down publically as per statement & then do the opposite a few days later?

"A Swansea statement said: "Swansea City can confirm that an approach from Liverpool FC to speak to manager Brendan Rodgers was officially received by chairman Huw Jenkins this morning.

"The club is pleased to confirm that Brendan has declined the current opportunity to speak to the Anfield club about the vacant position.

"The Swansea manager is currently working hard to strengthen the squad in readiness for the new Barclays Premier League campaign. The club will make no further comment at this stage."

Link to full Guardian Article

You have to ask yourself why Clark was sacked by Huddersfield. If their board thought that he was not good enough for them, I can't see how he would be good enough for Aston Villa.

Think he means Steve Clarke with Poyet, not Lee Clark.

Think he means Steve Clarke with Poyet, not Lee Clark.

ha ha yes i meant Steve not Lee :)

Hi guys, newbie to the site but have watched from afar for many months.

I want to throw something out there. Not its one anything and fully aware of the possibility for me looking a fool, but I have something interesting for you to think about/discuss/rip the p etc etc.

AVB signed his contract with Chelsea on 22nd June 2011. Hewas sacked 4th March 2012. Chelsea paid 13m compo to take him from Porto which was on that years accounts. It is widely acknowledged at AVB is still currently on the Stamford Bridge payroll so is it possible that they are seeing out the first 12 months of his contract before paying off the remainder(in this years accounts) that being he case, AVB is effectively not available for further employment ( due to a probable contract clause until after 23 June 2012)

Now I know this is a long shot, but would this not tie in with MM comment about this dragging on bait and also explain with things are so obviously quiet.

As I say, not itk, and possibly not the best way to introduce myself to the forum with a speculative punt, but hey, you only live once!!!

I want to throw something out there. Not its one anything and fully aware of the possibility for me looking a fool, but I have something interesting for you to think about/discuss/rip the p etc etc.

AVB signed his contract with Chelsea on 22nd June 2011. Hewas sacked 4th March 2012. Chelsea paid 13m compo to take him from Porto which was on that years accounts. It is widely acknowledged at AVB is still currently on the Stamford Bridge payroll so is it possible that they are seeing out the first 12 months of his contract before paying off the remainder(in this years accounts) that being he case, AVB is effectively not available for further employment ( due to a probable contract clause until after 23 June 2012)

Now I know this is a long shot, but would this not tie in with MM comment about this dragging on bait and also explain with things are so obviously quiet.

As I say, not itk, and possibly not the best way to introduce myself to the forum with a speculative punt, but hey, you only live once!!!

This is a thread for doom and despair. Your post has no place here :)

267 zillion pages and nobody's picked that one up. Good work. Maybe while we're tearing our hair out, AVB is quietly contacting the players he plans to sign for Aston Villa on the 24th of June. Probably not, but hey!

Its Mick mate........... welcome to hell !