Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Well just in case anyone still thought Alan Thompson was a possibility as one of our new assistants...he was just thrown out of a pub in Edinburgh where my mates work...on the piss ma' lord

Sounds like he'd fit in perfect ;) Hah!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just in case anyone still thought Alan Thompson was a possibility as one of our new assistants...he was just thrown out of a pub in Edinburgh where my mates work...on the piss ma' lord

He can't have been in a proper pub in Edinburgh then

Sounds like he's gone on the piss to get over his dismissal from Celtic for being on the piss too much

Hopefully he'll just focus on building a good team and tells him to not spend any money on the stadium!

Maybe Randy will go all out and do both?

As there were rumours at the end of the 2011/2012 season the North Stand Developments may begin.

Hopefully he'll just focus on building a good team and tells him to not spend any money on the stadium!

Maybe Randy will go all out and do both?

As there were rumours at the end of the 2011/2012 season the North Stand Developments may begin.

The plans are definitely in place, we didn't get named as one of the olympic venues due to the uncertainty about the ground being redeveloped. Obviously attendances dropped and this took a back seat. A couple of seasons of getting the attendances back up is important. The only thing that will do that is producing on the pitch.

north_stand_zoom_wc2018_bidbook.jpg

picture hosting

Gotta love that - Lambert get on it sons ;)

EDIT:

Something I've just read off a fan site

"The club are currnetly committed to "sprucing up" the North Stand only. Filling in the wings would involve the loss of both the main Video Screen and the Corner Flag restaurant facility"

Something also just clicked - the main video screen is no longer in that corner, it has been removed - could plans be reaching conclusions?

picture hosting

EDIT:

"The club are currnetly committed to "sprucing up" the North Stand only. Filling in the wings would involve the loss of both the main Video Screen and the Corner Flag restaurant facility"

Something also just clicked - the main video screen is no longer in that corner, it has been removed - could plans be reaching conclusions?

Sure i read somewhere it will be back next season.

picture hosting

EDIT:

I wonder why it wen't in the first place :S?

picture hosting

EDIT:

I wonder why it wen't in the first place :S?

they took it down to build the new suite/lounge area to the right of the north stand, always presumed it'd go back up once the work was down.

However, may I clear they're contract doubts up. They don't expire on the 31st of this month, they're rolling contracts, ie. continuious

Pedant alert: June only has 30days.

Oh believe me I have, after all, we upgraded our gaffer! Wink

Never mind Wiz ....So far as someone posted the other day your predictions have been about as spot on as an imperial stormtrooper ....fighting the cause of a delusional Evil Empire headed by Darth McNasty Vadar.

May the force be with you!

Julie,Julie Julie, I've already said, imo, you'll get Cully and Karsa, thats not rocket science thats logic.

I honestly believe we'll get our deserved comp, via a tribunal if it comes to that....

But think on this, your new Messiah who you celebrate in shafting us will, one day, shaft you!

He worships the dark side of the Force........and look how that turned out.

Wiz,

Did bitter Norwich fans have such high horses when their 'approach' for PL went to a tribunal resulting in Colchester losing their manager? I think not. So pipe down.

If he does leave it will be because he has done a great enough job with us that the teams at the top will have been impressed. Which in return leaves us in a decent and healthy enough situation that we may be able to attract a higher quality manager than we could before.

So I'm not too fussed. We made a far more 'legal' approach for PL than NCFC did but I'm sure we will end up paying some kind of 'accept this and please for the love of god do everyone a favour and just shut the **** up you bitter cretins' kind of 'smoothing over' deal/payment.

One thing you can say about RL is that if comp is deserved he will pay it as he has done on a number of occasions, can not understand though why you feel you have been shafted though, he left you in a far better position than when he came in, he took you as far as he could with the finances and wanted to move on and better himself, if he does the same to us then we shall thank him knowing there will only be a few teams he could move on to to better himself, this is the way of life, always has been and always will be, same happens with players, you just have to move on and go with the flow, you have now got a good manager to replace him, maybe he can gradually take you to the next step, but first you will need a bigger ground etc etc.

It's not a case of shafting. PL and most managers aspire to do bigger and better things, as do we all in our careers. It comes down to the fact Aston Villa Football Club is a better job for PL than Norwich. If in 3-4 years a bigger football club came in for him, I wouldn't be as naive to think he would stay, because it's football, but more importantly it's life.

Yes Wiz but when Lambert does "shaft" us that will be because he's done a fantastic job here and will move to a bigger club

which you wouldn't say he hasn't deserved. He had back back to back promotions with you and because of that landed himself a job

at an established premier league club.

I didn't like it when we lost young, milner and barry but I couldn't hold it against them as they played well for us

and earned their moves.

At the end of the day footballs just a big food chain.

Paul Lambert is relishing getting to work at the "phenomenal" Bodymoor Heath training ground - but says that use of the classy complex will count for nothing if the players don't perform on matchdays.

New boss Lambert believes there's few better facilities in world football than the claret and blue site just outside Tamworth.

But the 42-year-old wants hunger added to habitat as he looks to create a winning mentality in camp.

He said: "It's a fantastic facility. There are not many better than this.

"I came up here a few years ago when Martin was in charge and I got a tour around it. I thought back then it was an absolutely fabulous place.

"Now I'm in the hub of it, I think it's phenomenal.

"But you can have the best training ground in the world but if you're not performing on a Saturday it wouldn't matter. My job is to try and get the team winning.

"It's a great place to train and work at, it's a terrific facility. But you have to have the tools to match it.

"I want players who are hungry to do well. I think that will take us far.

"If we can bounce them off the crowd then the club will take off.

"I want players to enjoy their football and have a freedom to play the game. I also need the fans to help us and if we can have that, we'll have a right good chance."

Lambert saying all the right things for me, very exciting to here our manager talking like that.

I've already said, imo, you'll get Cully and Karsa, thats not rocket science thats logic.

We will and we probably won't have to pay to do so as you've effectively dismissed them by giving their jobs to the boys from Small Heath. You will more than likely end up paying Culverhouse and Karsa off than us paying for you to release them.

Chalk up another **** up to McNally.

I honestly believe we'll get our deserved comp, via a tribunal if it comes to that....

And I honestly believe you won't get a penny and don't deserve to. We did nothing wrong, we made an official approach and you seemingly broke Lambert's contract.

I don't think you will get a penny from us, those talks McNally said were ongoing don't seem to have gone anywhere do they?

But think on this, your new Messiah who you celebrate in shafting us will, one day, shaft you!

He isn't a messiah, he is just a good football manager with ambition. He will if he is as successful with us as he was with you no doubt move on some day.

If and when that happens I hope that we aren't as bitter about it oh and I hope those that run our club do a slightly better job on our clubs behalf ;)

Oh and perhaps if it does happen we can come and take Hughton off you if he does well. :D

Thing that gets me that small heath are probably the same size or just slightly bigger than Norwich, did they complain like you are to loosing their manager to you even though he was there only a year, yes you paid comp but he was under contract, it should be the Blue noses who feel cheated by a manager leaving so soon, at least you got 3 years and bettered the club before loosing the manager.

I've already said, imo, you'll get Cully and Karsa, thats not rocket science thats logic.

We will and we probably won't have to pay to do so as you've effectively dismissed them by giving their jobs to the boys from Small Heath. You will more than likely end up paying Culverhouse and Karsa off than us paying for you to release them.

Chalk up another **** up to McNally.

And I honestly believe you won't get a penny and don't deserve to. We did nothing wrong, we made an official approach and you seemingly broke Lambert's contract.

I don't think you will get a penny from us, those talks McNally said were ongoing don't seem to have gone anywhere do they?

He isn't a messiah, he is just a good football manager with ambition. He will if he is as successful with us as he was with you no doubt move on some day.

If and when that happens I hope that we aren't as bitter about it oh and I hope those that run our club do a slightly better job on our clubs behalf ;)

Oh and perhaps if it does happen we can come and take Hughton off you if he does well. :D

Cully and Karsa still have their original jobs and duties, that was made very clear at the recent press conference.