Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

I am sure that PLs backroom staff would rather come to Villa as well.They get to stay with a guy they trust and get on with AND they get to join a bigger club.

Anyway, I can:t really see what Norwich are on about, you can"t realisticlly stop a manager/player from going on to bigger and better ?

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Hughton is joining Norwich and will be bringing his backroom staff with him leaving Culverhouse and Karsa without jobs so unless they join another manager which is unlikely they will come to Villa. I think we are waiting for them to get released so we don't have to pay Norwich for their services.

Chris Hughton is joining Norwich and will be bringing his backroom staff with him leaving Culverhouse and Karsa without jobs so unless they join another manager which is unlikely they will come to Villa. I think we are waiting for them to get released so we don't have to pay Norwich for their services.

It's all abit shameful i think, we should just pay norwich the going rate instead of trying to squeeze them and get them for free.

I'm a bit confused as to why we haven't just paid for Lambert's backroom staff if he wants them. It does seem a bit odd

I think from what I've heard Norwich weren't all that professional in the Lambert deal so Lerner doesn't want to give them a penny if he can help it.

Didn't someone say Culverhouse's contract was up at the end of the month too? Why would you pay when you can just wait for it to expire? It's not like Culverhouse is going to be doing a whole lot of coaching in the next three months either...

Not sure about Karsa's situation...

As Mazrim said/alluded to, it's very easy to say Randy should pay but would you say pay it if were your money? How about if the compensation money was deducted from the transfer budget? Would you still be as happy?

I really want Culverhouse and Karsa to come to Villa as I think they will help PL to be successful but I guess we're going to have to be patient, trust PF and RL and keep fingers crossed!!

You also have to realise they aren't needed until the players come off holiday/euro duty.. Lambert is the priority as he can do a lot over the next few weeks Culverhouse and Karsa can't unless Karsa is what I think he is and he typically does the transfers, but maybe Karsa has already done his job giving Lambert a list of players that have now been given to Faulkner to buy.

I'm a bit confused as to why we haven't just paid for Lambert's backroom staff if he wants them. It does seem a bit odd

A buisness being reluctant to give money away to a rival buisness is not odd at all. If hughton wants his own staff norwich will have to let lamberts lot go.

Then they come here and we don`t pay anything.