Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckham and ronaldo on loan?? would not be bad, (never going to happen though!) but why would they leave a warmer climate to come and play football in the rain?? I know i would rather sit on the bench in the slightly warmer climate and get paid thousands a week for naff all!!!

Ronaldo looks like he has gone to Milan. better weather! :)

Spurs are looking to buy Heinze from Man Utd - wouldn't that have been a good target for us, rather than Bardsley on loan? or even as well as Bardsley?

Whats the source for Ronaldo move?? i ent heard anything about that!! and i heard about the heinze move yesterday, that would have been a nice buy if we had have acted on it quicker!

Ronaldo looks like he has gone to Milan. better weather! :)

Whats the source for Ronaldo move?? i ent heard anything about that!! and i heard about the heinze move yesterday, that would have been a nice buy if we had have acted on it quicker!

Sorry, i should have mentioned the source for Ronaldo - it was a link from Newsnow.co.uk, i think the story was from ESPN.

Jesus we really are keeping our deals very, very quiet depressingly so. The odd rumours that we are hearing are agents, and managers trying to drum up interest in their players. A right sided midfielder is our number 1 priority IMO and we have really only been linked with SWP and Young.

if these 2 arent available, how about danny murphy as a squad player till the end of the season.......... would do a decent job, plus he can actually pass a ball and provide cover across the entire midfield

With Chelsea seeming open for busiess again with the news that it seems Tal Ben Haim will be signing for £2.5m in the next week, does this mean that the SWP bid could be resurected?

Mourinho stated that nobody would be leaving and nobody would be coming. With Bain Haim going there, that goes against that philosophy.

Who knows.

Well whatever camp you're in, it looks like another day gone with no activity. I think it's probably the quietest in terms of rumours too apart from it looking increasingly likely that Baros is on his way to 1 of a host of clubs.

Hopefully, as someone mentioned, the Ben Haim deal is a sign that something is rumbling underground.

Tottenham eye £5m Heinze

This is REALLY someone we should not let go to Spurs without at least having a sniff ourselves. I know it's difficult to justify when we have Bouma & Barry, but Barry is clearly ultimately a midfielder and Bouma is on probation at the mo'. Heinze is a world class player and is streets ahead of what we have. We let the Spurts get Chimbonda without so much as an enquiry - I'd be impressed if we tried to get this fella considering we've recently done business with them on the other side of our defence. And for £5m - a proven international with a top country and proven with CL experience with ManUre. It's a snip at that. We'd be fooking mad not to.

I agree BoF but I think he will be going overseas.

I would like to say though that whilst we need to ensure that we buy players of the "right quality" to take us forward, if we fail to add any further players, we could be in a relegation battle which could set us back even further than if we sign a few short term players.

We´re not buying players...we sell...so Heinze would never join us. He has far too much quality...maybe if we talk to his uncle...he might be interested? I heard he played football in the 70´s. It would be a body inside our stripped squad...and maybe we can pursuit the man in the cafeteria at Villa Park to join for six months. Where is MON? Can someone tell him that we have plan X ready?

I played football when I was 13-25 years old...it is 15 years ago...but I still got it...I can be signed for free. Anyone else want to fill our squad? I´m not so quick anymore but I can pass the ball...maybe I will fight for a place with McCann?

Bayern were looking for him in the Summer, I thought he'd be a make weight in the Hargreaves deal. He is wanted by Juve and Inter, PSG, and Valencia sadly. One of the top 2 left backs in the league IMO and would be worth a bid for a player of his quality.

If he goes abroad, fair enough, but if he goes to Spurs without us having a look - OK I can appreciate that he mightn't have been on MON's wishlist - but I would ask 'Why not' as he is surely the type of quality we are looking for. Although I fear the MON factor wouldn't pull much weight with an Argentinian whereas Spurs' London factor AND European factor probably would :?

17 days into january and no signing other than Bardsley loan! It is very poor considering our position and that we need players probably more than any squad in Premier. I´m getting more and more frustrated...please give us something!

We could´ve won games or at least get some draws during january...now we risk losing every game and that is very dangerous. :evil:

17 days into january and no signing other than Bardsley loan! It is very poor considering our position and that we need players probably more than any squad in Premier. I´m getting more and more frustrated...please give us something!

We could´ve won games or at least get some draws during january...now we risk losing every game and that is very dangerous.

Damn your posts are so depressing, lighten up there is still plenty of transfer window left!!

We're halfway through the window only - there's plenty of time and i predict that the main brunt of action will begin next Monday following the weekends games.

Mainly due to the fact that there isn't another Prem game for 10-11 days and clubs will have plenty of time to strike up deals and allow the new players to train for a substantial amount of time with the squad.

It will take one decent transfer to spark it all off - I hope it's us that get's our targets!