Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

Delaney is off in the summer as is Jlloyd Samuel, Berger is going back to the Czech Republic. Wayne Bridge or a good young left back, Milner or Gera on the right a left winger Maloney or Nakamura and a striker we need to get our squad numbers up

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Davies is linked in the newspapers today.

Now there's a player i'd love to see in a Villa shirt.

no thanks.

Ditto, no way id rather have Larsson

I think Davies is the most under-rated striker in the country. Larsson's 35 and way way past his best. We've already got one stop gap striker in Sutton without adding another one. We've got a billionaire on board now, and i assume we'll be looking at more than the likes of a past it 35 year old striker when the window opens.

Kevin Davies is linked in the newspapers today.

Now there's a player i'd love to see in a Villa shirt.

no thanks.

Ditto, no way id rather have Larsson

I think Davies is the most under-rated striker in the country. Larsson's 35 and way way past his best. We've already got one stop gap striker in Sutton without adding another one. We've got a billionaire on board now, and i assume we'll be looking at more than the likes of a past it 35 year old striker when the window opens.

But Larrson has at least played for Barcalona. Personally I would rather see a fresh younger face up front rather than players who are past their best.

davies would just encourage route 1 football, hes the reason i hate watching bolton play, and hes a dirty bastardo with his elbows

but i suppose martin could see him as the sort of player who can play the heskey and hartson role.

if hes on a free or a cut price in january then i would take him

davies would just encourage route 1 football, hes the reason i hate watching bolton play, and hes a dirty bastardo with his elbows

but i suppose martin could see him as the sort of player who can play the heskey and hartson role.

if hes on a free or a cut price in january then i would take him

Not necessarily. Every team in the land likes to get the ball into the box. Imagine him in the penalty area when a cross comes in. I'd feel more confident that he'd get on the end of it than Baros and Angel.

Bolton are just awful to watch because of Fat Sam's tedious and dreadful tactics, but trust me there's good players in that team.

his contracts up at the end of the season according to the papers

i don't disagree theres good players in the bolton team, but there gameplan is to hoof it up to davies and then the other players get the scraps, and thats how they've played for years, mellbergs all to ready to hoof the ball and with some one like davies there it would only encourage it.

i think he is a good player which is why i would want him if we could get him cut price, but i would like to think if we had to use a lot of randy's money on a player it would be on someone a bit better.

yeh he would be good for corners and crosses, but if mellberg has the ball, and hes not sure who to pass to he'll just go for the long ball to kevin davies to head down to baros or who ever it may be.

Striker has to be a priority. If he gets a back up defender a la Balde we will then have Mellberg, Laursen, Ridgewell and Balde as our central defenders with Hughes capable of playing there so defence is OK IMO.

Up front is our big problem.

What he does not need is to be plonked in the first team for forty games and have the weight of expectations on his head.

In most teams youth players are brought through gradually and nurtured.

In another thread I alluded to Davis turning into a Lee Hendrie or a Stefan Moore. Must we do that to all our youth players?