Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Such a horrible feeling finding out about this on Friday afternoon. One thing Petrov will do is fight it like he has done all of his football career so far.

Never met the man myself but always heard what a gent the man was even before this happened. One of the great professionals.

Get well soon Stan, we are all with you through this.

Watching match of the day yesterday was emotional to say the least, just glad Stan realises how much support he has through all this. Love ya mate.

Just one thing, Im sure VP have had a MASSIVE amount of people coming in buying Petrov 19 shirts.. have they said they will donate some of the money from these shirts to a cancer charity of some form? Seems a bit off that they would be raking in the cash from this horrible event..

Think I read that all proceeds from Stan's shirts are going to go to a charity of his choosing.

Pre game when they played a few highlights of Petrov's season, I struggled to keep the tears back.

Still can't forget about this news.

Absolutely agree that we should give him a 19th minute applause until he's better. Even if it takes years.

YOU CAN AND WILL WIN THIS BATTLE, STAN, FOR THE SAKE OF ALL PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD WHO LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU!

Thanks very much, Levski Sofia forever, and total respect to AVFC and its fantastic fans! Cheers!

Well said LSFC!

We should do the same for him every game in the 19th minute.

Definitely. He needs support throughout his treatment, and this should happen every home game for the duration. Saturday's showing was a reaction to the news, let's now show him that we are with him all the way, throughout his struggle.

This. How can we spread the message? It needs to be done every home game.

Great support from Celtic fans at their game on 19 minutes as well. To hear he even considered pulling on a shirt on Saturday says so much about this man who has represented both clubs so well.

I have just tweeted a number of people about Villa fans' idea for giving Stan a standing ovation in the 19th minute in every home game from now on.

Like others have said, this weekend a fitting and deserved tribute was held by fans of both Villa and Chelsea, as well as Celtic today, and other support from all quarters of the footballing world has come flooding in. But this fight has only just started and as Stan is well and truly 'one of ours' we need to show him our ongoing and unwavering support in what will undoubtedly be the biggest battle of his life. By taking just a minute out of every home game to show our support we will be keeping his efforts to rid himself of this terrible illness at the forefront of our thoughts.

Those I have already tweeted include: AVFC Official, Support4Stan, Darren Bent, Andi Wiemann, Jack Grealish, Dan Harrison (AVFC website journo), Paul Merson, Jack Woodward, Rob Bishop, Tim Abraham, Matt Law (Express journo & Villa fan), Ian Taylor and Mat Kendrick.

Can others please do the same, as well as spreading the word on Facebook and other Villa websites, and we will get the ball rolling and this cracking plan will come to fruition I'm sure.

Thanks. By the way, great idea Trent.

I have just tweeted a number of people about Villa fans' idea for giving Stan a standing ovation in the 19th minute in every home game from now on.

Like others have said, this weekend a fitting and deserved tribute was held by fans of both Villa and Chelsea, as well as Celtic today, and other support from all quarters of the footballing world has come flooding in. But this fight has only just started and as Stan is well and truly 'one of ours' we need to show him our ongoing and unwavering support in what will undoubtedly be the biggest battle of his life. By taking just a minute out of every home game to show our support we will be keeping his efforts to rid himself of this terrible illness at the forefront of our thoughts.

Those I have already tweeted include: AVFC Official, Support4Stan, Darren Bent, Andi Wiemann, Jack Grealish, Dan Harrison (AVFC website journo), Paul Merson, Jack Woodward, Rob Bishop, Tim Abraham, Matt Law (Express journo & Villa fan), Ian Taylor and Mat Kendrick.

Can others please do the same, as well as spreading the word on Facebook and other Villa websites, and we will get the ball rolling and this cracking plan will come to fruition I'm sure.

Thanks. By the way, great idea Trent.

Agree wholeheartedly, a minutes applause at every game is nothing compared to everything Stan has given to the club.

Not been a big fan of his ability but never questioned his loyalty and commitment. Shocked and saddened by the news and all the times he was my fall guy for a bad result evaporates in perspective of his health and future over an insignificant game of sport.

Anyone been on the official AVFC page on facebook and seen the disgusting comments by Dalton. He is a bluenose.

Pretty sure we can report him to the police, screen shot his comments.

Some people already have.

Go on Aston Villa FC - Official and you will see, or they may of been deleted. Either way I am not going to repeat them on here.

Some people need to get over the football rivalry. If it was a Birmingham City player I would still want them to get better and have sympathy with them and their family. As I said before some people take this game way too seriously.

My brother and I took a sign to VP for the game on Saturday, was shown on the big screen before the game, and got a little air time on MOTD and a mention in the Birmingham Mail too. I havent posted in this thread yet after having heard the news, and was rather shell shocked on Friday afternoon when I first heard. As a result I wanted to take a message along to VP for the match, and it was well received by the fans who saw it, and hopefully the larger audience too. Just wanted to get the message to Stan that we're all behind him, really, and by the looks of his reaction to the minutes applause he knows that to be true.

Â