Create Your Supergroup

maqroll

Done this one a million times, with the usual suspects, so I thought I'd do a jazz one and a country one for a change:

Jazz

Trumpet - Miles Davis

Alto sax - Charlie Parker

Tenor sax - John Coltrane

Piano - Horace Silver

Bass - Charles Mingus

Drums - Art Blakey

Country -

Vocals - Steve Young & Emmylou Harris

Lead guitar - Clarence White

Pedal steel - O. J. 'Red' Rhodes

Piano - Floyd Cramer

Fiddle - David Lindley

Dobro - Jerry Douglas

Mandolin - Sam Bush

Bass - Chris Hillman

Drums - John Ware

Lead Vocalist - Otis Redding

Rhythm Guitarist - Curtis Mayfield

Lead Guitarist - Steve Cropper

Bass Guitarist - James Jamerson

Drummer - Benny 'Papa Zita' Benjamin

Lead singer: Sebastian Bach

Rhythm guitar: James Hetfield

Lead guitar: Chris DeGarmo

Bass guitar: Bo Häggström

Drummer: Nicko McBrain

Pelle in not picking any member of Queen shocker!!! :winkold:

probably saving them for the "Create your group so bad you'd rather eat your own ears whilst sitting on a red hot poker" thread

Lead Vocalist - Dennis Wilson

Rhythm Guitarist - Joe Bonamassa

Lead Guitarist - Lindsey Buckingham

Bass Guitarist - Geezer Butler

Drummer - Dave Lombardo

Lead Vocalist - Dennis Wilson
Which reminds me, Rob - I traded up my 'Pacific Ocean Blue' for the 2-CD version, and funnily enough, I like the second disc ('Bambu', etc.) better than POB 'proper' (which still sounds like an 'OK, but no better than OK' album).

Yeah some of the Bambu stuff is awesome, I had it on bootleg for years but the released versions are obviously way better...plus Tug Of Love and Only With You were new to my ears along with a couple of others.

I can also recomment the Smile boxset by The Beach Boys, 1967 would have been a great year for them if it was released as planned

Yeah some of the Bambu stuff is awesome, I had it on bootleg for years but the released versions are obviously way better...plus Tug Of Love and Only With You were new to my ears along with a couple of others.

I can also recomment the Smile boxset by The Beach Boys, 1967 would have been a great year for them if it was released as planned

Yeah, I'm planning to get it. I have one of the many Smile bootlegs, and the Brian Wilson/Wondermints re-creation. How does it compare with them?

It's better than Brian's solo version even though I like that one. I've listened to all 5 CDs and it'd probably boring to you but I found the way it was pieced together, and Brian's continual re-starting and craving of perfection, totally fascinating.

The 2 CD is about a tenner, I got the £150 box set off eBay for ninety quid

TBH I'm not really a huge Smile fan. What I DO like though, is the 'Brian solo at the piano, plus trumpet' version of 'Surf's Up' from those sessions. Columnated ruins domino, and all that.

probably saving them for the "Create your group so bad you'd rather eat your own ears whilst sitting on a red hot poker" thread

Heh, no, they're the ultimate super group in themselves. :nod: And I think Freddie would've found it very hard to work with those guys, maybe apart from DeGarmo.

Sebastian Bach got in ahead of Geoff Tate beacuse I wanted to have DeGarmo in this band. Don't think this line up would work very well, though. :P

TBH I'm not really a huge Smile fan. What I DO like though, is the 'Brian solo at the piano, plus trumpet' version of 'Surf's Up' from those sessions. Columnated ruins domino, and all that.

Aye, from a 1966 Leonard Bernstein TV documentary

Lead Vocalist - Jeff Buckley

Rhythm Guitarist - Lee Ranaldo

Lead Guitarist - J Mascis

Bass Guitarist - Kim Deal

Drummer - Dave Grohl

Me likes! Was going to make one and would have never put J Mascis in it but he fully deserves to be! Awesome guitarist!

Jeff Buckley has the best vocals I think i've ever heard too.

Â