Steam

PussEKatt

A rather forgettable day of sales today. I'd recommend Limbo to those who haven't tried it, but apart from that, meh. My wallet is rather relieved though.

As I also said earlier.Unless you have a legal right to do so,DO NOT try to force me to do anything that I don`t want to do.

Take them to court, see how far you get.

They have every right in the world. If you don't agree to the requirement, your choice is to not buy the game, you have no legal recourse.

The reason it's not optional is because its DRM. Noone denies that, one of its primary purposes is to protect the IP of game developers. It just has the added perk of being one of the least obnoxious and anti-gamer DRM systems around (see Securom, GFWL, that shit that Ubisoft use, etc). But it's DRM nonetheless.

Oh, and i'll echo Davkaus sentiments regarding Limbo. If there's anyone that hasn't played it yet, then you owe it to yourself to give it a go. At £1.74 it's an absolute bloody steal.

I made my first purchase of the sale today - Dear Esther. Mostly because it is something I cant get on console. Nothing else has really interested me all that much, maybe apart from Anno, but I didnt bother with that

Just bought the GTA pack for £10. :shock:

By the way, I'm 'Luke' if you were wandering who joined your VT group.

It's £5 today! :o

Also picked up Metro 2033 at £3.75. Hardly played it yet but graphics so far are beautiful (running on high end).

Definitely recommend Dear Esther if anyone is interested. It's still £1.74 for the next few hours. It's not a game; more of an experience, which roughly takes around an hour and a half, fully explored. Without giving much away, it was an incredibly moving and emotional experience and for a brief time - completely immerses you into its story, with very sad poetry and amazing soundtrack. The second chapter has to be seen to be believed graphically, too. Really enjoyed it. Wear headphones too!

Just bought the GTA pack for £10. :shock:

By the way, I'm 'Luke' if you were wandering who joined your VT group.

It's £5 today! :o

Also picked up Metro 2033 at £3.75. Hardly played it yet but graphics so far are beautiful (running on high end).

I did a comedy double take earlier when I checked that deal out.

At first I thought it was just GTA IV for £4.99 which in itself is pretty good.

Then I realised it was for the whole lot...

God bless you Steam :)

Definitely recommend Dear Esther if anyone is interested. It's still £1.74 for the next few hours. It's not a game; more of an experience, which roughly takes around an hour and a half, fully explored. Without giving much away, it was an incredibly moving and emotional experience and for a brief time - completely immerses you into its story, with very sad poetry and amazing soundtrack. The second chapter has to be seen to be believed graphically, too. Really enjoyed it. Wear headphones too!

Devils advocate - its very pretty; everything else in it is vacuous hipster nonsense with prose that's about as deep as a puddle. The "hold W" experience for the terminally pretentious.

But hey, for less than £2, its worth investigating to see what side of the fence you fall on.

Devils advocate - its very pretty; everything else in it is vacuous hipster nonsense with prose that's about as deep as a puddle. The "hold W" experience for the terminally pretentious.

But hey, for less than £2, its worth investigating to see what side of the fence you fall on.

Yep. Looks good, but that's it.

That's the thing really. It cost less than my bus fare down the road today and generally treated it the same as renting out a film or something. My opinion probably would have been different had I paid the full amount. I just really enjoyed the experience; probably more so than any film i've watched over the last couple of weeks and genuinely felt something from it as the story unravelled.

I wouldn't want anyone to buy it thinking that there was any sort of game in there though; just an interesting use of video game media, I thought.

I see The Walking Dead is up for £12.59, that is a must have in my opinion. It's shaping up as my GOTY.

Really? I've just started playing it, I'm only about an hour and a half in, and for what it does, it's ok. It's a decent interactive story, but it's running extremely low on actual gameplay.

What was your favourite part, the constant cutscenes or the quick time events?

I still think it's worth people checking out, it's been fairly enjoyable, but you must have played some shit if this is the best game you've played so far this year. :P

Edit: Ok, 12 hours later I've just got around to finishing chapter one, not once, but twice, choosing completely different options. And the result is pretty much the same, with one exception. I'm even more underwhelmed than I was before.

Well I would have tried Dear Esther last night, but my anti-virus went completely **** bonkers when I started it up. Then I couldnt be bothered to add it to exceptions, so havent tried it yet ^__^

A rather forgettable day of sales today. I'd recommend Limbo to those who haven't tried it, but apart from that, meh. My wallet is rather relieved though.

As I also said earlier.Unless you have a legal right to do so,DO NOT try to force me to do anything that I don`t want to do.

Take them to court, see how far you get.

They have every right in the world. If you don't agree to the requirement, your choice is to not buy the game, you have no legal recourse.

The reason it's not optional is because its DRM. Noone denies that, one of its primary purposes is to protect the IP of game developers. It just has the added perk of being one of the least obnoxious and anti-gamer DRM systems around (see Securom, GFWL, that shit that Ubisoft use, etc). But it's DRM nonetheless.

You are definately reading me all wrong here.

I have 2 steam games only,"Civilization 5 " whivh I don`t play anymore cause I think Civ 4 is better and "Football Manager 2012" and as I said earlier I play the FM version that I got from Bangcock, this version does not need steam.When I read the back of the box and it says it needs a steam connection I don`t buy the game,simple as that.As far as DRM goes, I don`t think they have heard of that in Thailand or Bali.

So, to sum up.If you think steam is good then go for it.I think steam stinks and I refuse to buy steam games.Lucky for me I am not interested in mainstream games.

Lucky for me I am not interested in mainstream games.

Yes, because Steam only caters for mainstream games and doesn't sell or promote any indie titles...

Thanks for that but I'm not sure if they work if the item is in the sale. I could be wrong but I won The Trine 75% off discount and entered it in Steam, found the game, went to check out and it said N/A on the voucher and my subtotal didn't change, it was the same price as what the game is in the sale.

No.When I said I am not into mainstream games I meant that the games I prefer are games like:

Panzer Corps,The Longest Day,Steel Panthers and arcae type flying games, like, Blazing Angels,Sturmvilk etc etc etc.

So you like military/war games then?

I'm not having a pop here, it just seems like even you're not sure what you have against steam other than the nebulous notion you're having your rights violated.

Â