Steam

PussEKatt

As I said in my very first post in this thread, it just sounds like a lot of effort to avoid something that really isn't worth avoiding.

Like I said in an earlier thread.I dont know if its the way I was brought up or whether its just me or what. I just cant handle people ordering me to do stuff unless they have the right to do so.

I cant help it, thats the way I am.

It just seems incredibly petty. There's no reason for it apart form you don't like being tol dwhat to do.

I'd understand if Steam were violating your privacy or something like that.

But it's a registration process that takes about 2 minutes. What's the point?

Anyone ever played Magicka? It's on sale for £1.99 so I was thinking of getting it but I don't know much about it. I know it's only 2 quid but is it a decent game?

Yeah, Magicka is deffo worth a punt.

Some seriously great games in today's daily deals.

Edit: My Steam sale haul continues...

Binding of Isaac DLC

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider Underworld

Lara Croft - Guardian of Light (plus DLC)

Trine Franchise (for a friend)

Orcs Must Die (GotY Edition)

Sam & Max Collection

KOTOR

From Dust

Ys: Origin

Trine Franchise (yes, again. For another friend)

The Walking Dead

Prince of Persia Collection (all the PoP games for a tenner - its a secret flash sale)

Serious Sam 3 - Four Pack.

Indie Bundle 5

Red Faction Guerrilla

Assassins Creed Franchise

Fallout 3 GOTY

Fallout New Vegas

Hitman: Blood Money

Fear Franchise

Total War: Shogun 2 DLC (Dragon War Battle pack)

--------------vvvvvvvvvv--------------New!

Crysis Maximum Edition bundle

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Explosion Pack DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tactical Pack DLC

Dungeon Defenders 4-Pack

Civ V

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Edit 2 : Just calculated how much I've spent. £176.92 so far. Shit...

Oh right, never knew they made actual new ones. Are they any good?

I recall them being well received. I managed to get them for free from some Steam deal ages ago. Still not played them though which is criminal when you consider the Monkey Island games are some of my all time faves (well, 1 and 2)

All vote for Ys origin for 60% off now! It's an excellent game, without being spectacular. Just a really nice change, sort of arcadey style japanese action rpg/platformer with really well designed boss fights and great music. Worth checking out.

So the sale is nearly over unfortunately but I think I got some really good deals. I doubt I spent over £20 and I ended up buying:

Torchlight

Psychonauts

Trine & Trine 2

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

The Longest Journey

All for a few measly pounds each. I'm particularly thrilled for Psychonauts, I think it was under £2 and I've heard so many great things about it but never ended up buying. Really excited for that. I still might pick another couple of games up depending on the remaining deals but I think I'm pretty much done. Six games for around £20. I hope Gabe Newell's wife gives him all the head he wants, he deserves it. Well, the rest of Valve do too but she's only one woman.

Edit: Totalled it up and it came to about £16. Job's a good'un.

I have this image in my head of you at a cinema, recording a film and then refusing to hand it over on the grounds that it's your camcorder. :)

What is wrong with you ? I dont like steam and I make no secret of that,you seem to have a problem with the fact that I dont like steam ?! Tell you what,you give me half the price of a game and I will buy it and go on steam.How does that sound ? that way I am only paying for part of the game and so steam can tell me what to do with it ok.Just dont try to tell me what to do if I paid for the whole game and no one else contributed to it.

I am not on a crusade against steam here.I have never said that others should not buy steam games.I dont like the attatude so I dont buy steam but if you think they are the best thing since sliced bread then go for it,I dont have a problem with that, its just not for me.

When I go to buy a game and the back of the box says that I MUST have a steam connection then I dont buy the game.Simple.Its my choice and I choose not to buy steam games.That does not stop you from buying steam games,does it ?

The bottom line is that I dont like steam bieng forced on me so I dont buy steam games.Surley that is my choice ?

So it does not really matter if this sounds trivial or if it sounds like a big deal, the thing is that I will not put up with that crap, and that is my choice.

End of.

What is wrong with me? Well, lots of things, but's now's not the time.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, there's nothing wrong with not liking a service or whatever. Like you say, if you don't like something then don't use. What I'm having a wee chuckle at is the misplaced outrage; Steam provides a method with which developers can counteract piracy without resorting to heavy-handedness and, as such, still provide a decent enough service to get players' buy-in. That someone who has previously offered to make a pirate-copy of a game would then have an issue with the nature/requirement of such a delivery-system is, well, entertaining. You can see the irony, right?

I won't pretend to be coming from the moral highground on this either, in the words of Roy Batty "I've done... questionable things" once or twice myself (as I'm sure most of us have), but I know that I can't go about copying floppys of The Secret Of Monkey Island for all my mates one minute and then bitch about the Dial-A-Pirate wheel the next.

What is wrong with you ? I dont like steam and I make no secret of that,you seem to have a problem with the fact that I dont like steam ?! Tell you what,you give me half the price of a game and I will buy it and go on steam.How does that sound ? that way I am only paying for part of the game and so steam can tell me what to do with it ok.Just dont try to tell me what to do if I paid for the whole game and no one else contributed to it.

I am not on a crusade against steam here.I have never said that others should not buy steam games.I dont like the attatude so I dont buy steam but if you think they are the best thing since sliced bread then go for it,I dont have a problem with that, its just not for me.

When I go to buy a game and the back of the box says that I MUST have a steam connection then I dont buy the game.Simple.Its my choice and I choose not to buy steam games.That does not stop you from buying steam games,does it ?

The bottom line is that I dont like steam bieng forced on me so I dont buy steam games.Surley that is my choice ?

So it does not really matter if this sounds trivial or if it sounds like a big deal, the thing is that I will not put up with that crap, and that is my choice.

End of.

Everyone down a shot whenever he says Steam.

I've done... questionable things"

copying floppys

Giggity.

Â