Steam

PussEKatt

I've bought all the Half-life games (which includes the Orange Box, at it was cheaper to buy that bundle than the games on their own) - have never played a single one of them. Look forward to it.

I've bought all the Half-life games (which includes the Orange Box, at it was cheaper to buy that bundle than the games on their own) - have never played a single one of them. Look forward to it.

:shock:

Blimey.

HL2 is still the greatest FPS ever imo.

That does surprise me Hogso, you've got a whole ton of amazingness coming your way playing those. You've also got Portal which is one of my absolute most favourite games ever. Have fun on Ravenholm ;)

Glad it's over, I probably spent more than intended, it's difficult not to get carried away. Ended up with:

L.A Noire +DLC

Recettear an item shop's tale

Binding of Isaac+DLC

Civilization V game of the year pack

Trine 2

Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Jamestown

Dear Esther

Bulletstorm

Galactic Civilizations II ultimate edition

Total war: Shogun 2 pack

All for around £60. Pretty much sorted for games till Christmas.

My final Steam sale haul...

Binding of Isaac DLC

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider Underworld

Lara Croft - Guardian of Light (plus DLC)

Trine Franchise (for a friend)

Orcs Must Die (GotY Edition)

Sam & Max Collection

KOTOR

From Dust

Ys: Origin

Trine Franchise (yes, again. For another friend)

The Walking Dead

Prince of Persia Collection (all the PoP games for a tenner - its a secret flash sale)

Serious Sam 3 - Four Pack.

Indie Bundle 5

Red Faction Guerrilla

Assassins Creed Franchise

Fallout 3 GOTY

Fallout New Vegas

Hitman: Blood Money

Fear Franchise

Total War: Shogun 2 DLC (Dragon War Battle pack)

Crysis Maximum Edition bundle

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Explosion Pack DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tactical Pack DLC

Dungeon Defenders 4-Pack

Civ V

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Bioshock Franchise Pack

FlatOut Ultimate Carnage

Penumbra Collectors Pack

Evochron Mercenary

I initially planned on spending no more than £40. Got carried away, spending £199.67 in total.

Glad it's over, I probably spent more than intended, it's difficult not to get carried away. Ended up with:

L.A Noire +DLC

Recettear an item shop's tale

Binding of Isaac+DLC

Civilization V game of the year pack

Trine 2

Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Jamestown

Dear Esther

Bulletstorm

Galactic Civilizations II ultimate edition

Total war: Shogun 2 pack

All for around £60. Pretty much sorted for games till Christmas.

:D

That number of games would probably last me 5 years!

Holy Shit, you are in for an absolute treat!

Half Life 2 is ridiculously incredible.

:shock:

Blimey.

HL2 is still the greatest FPS ever imo.

I know right. I put it down to not starting with PC gaming until about 5 years ago (having never bothered with investing in a decent graphics card until that time), and having zero interest in any sort of 'shooting game' up to then.

I started watching some let's play on youtube of HL2, and thought it looked cracking good fun.

As for Portal, I've been and done that on a good few occasions already :) But speaking of which, how does it tie in with Black Mesa? I'm playing HL1 at the moment, not all that far through, but I'm sure either Portal or Portal 2 mentions Black Mesa somewhere.

Dont dig too deep or you will risk reading cool stuff in a forum post rather than seeing it in game. All you need to know is that Black Mesa is the name of the company that Gordon Freeman worked for. They were trying to develop portal/teleportation technology for the government when they inadvertently caused the events of HL1.

Apeture Science are a rival company of Black Mesa. They are also working on portal/teleportation technology. They may or may not like the good people at Black Mesa.

I'd never played HL2 before (Or HL1) and got the orange box recently - It's fab! I'm taking it very slowly, but have just entered Black Mesa (East?) with the airboat!

Fantastic game - can't recommend it too highly, especially at the stupid price it was in the sale!

I must admit, since signing up to steam and the recent sale, my view in pc gaming has totally changed. The only sod is my broadband is capped to 40g a month, so I can't install most of what I bought right now!

If you are only at Black Mesa East then you have some absolute treats ahead of you. The middle and end of HL2 are much stronger than the opening in my honest opinion. I dont want to spoil anything at all, but does that sound like a cat meowing? ;)

Yeah, the airboat escape from C17 to BM East is the first unforgettable sequence in HL2, but there are at least 3 or 4 incredible passages of play like that, or more, to come. Still my favourite game.

Since you guys are working through the Orange Box it bears mentioning that HL2: Episode 1 is not nearly as strong in comparison. It has some great moments - the beginning, the ending, and certain moments in the dark - but there are some mediocre periods. Episode 2, however, slammed the quality level right back up to the top.

I felt Nova Prospekt was the best level in the game. Hell, it might even be one of my favourite game levels of all time.

you storm a **** PRISON with an unstoppable army of antlions!

**** it. I'm reinstalling Half Life 2.

Just seen that this week's Midweek Madness on Steam is pretty good. They're doing deals on Counter-Strike games (Source is something like £4) and also Payday: The Heist which is supposed to be pretty good (around £4 too). Just picked them both up for less than a tenner. You gotta love Steam.

Â