Steam

PussEKatt

FM 2012 is on there at the moment for £4.99.

Yeah, I just got it. I expect it will much the same as FM2013, except for Rangers having a bit less money in the new version. :P

I was going to say, now is the absolute perfect time to get Steam since the summer sale is on and you can get some ridiculously good bargains.

I understand where you're coming from PussEKatt but downloading Steam is perfectly safe and it'll probably be up there with the best thing you ever do because it's awesome.

Anyone else got AudioSurf? I love that game.

Remember the golden rule with any Steam sale chaps - if it ain't in the daily deal,flash sale or community vote, DO NOT BUY until the last day of the sale. Otherwise, you might kick yourself when those games you bought become even cheaper!

So far, I've bought...

Binding of Isaac DLC

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider Underworld

Lara Croft - Guardian of Light (plus DLC)

Trine Franchise (for a friend)

Then I was gifted Payday: The Heist. Holding off on todays deals for now.

Edit: Not steam but I also picked up the La-Mulana remake and its absolutely amazing. If you liked Super Metroid/Castlevania/Shadow Complex and love SNES games, you should check it out pronto. Trailer here

Designer1 wrote:

FM 2012 is on there at the moment for £4.99.

Yeah, I just got it. I expect it will much the same as FM2013, except for Rangers having a bit less money in the new version. Razz

And we'll still have Alex Mcleish.....

Civilization collection for £19.99

Includes Sid Meier's Civilization® IV, Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete, Civilization IV®: Warlords, Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization® V, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Asia, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Americas, Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia, Civilization V: Explorer’s Map Pack, Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca , Sid Meier’s Civilization® V: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II), Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia, Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings, Civilization V - Civilization and Scenario Pack: Korea, Civilization V - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack

Ends in about 10 minutes...

I went in to this sale intending to only buy 3 games. I even wrote them on a post-it-note and stuck them to my screen, and insisted I wouldn't add to my backlog of games I've bought on Steam but never played.

So far I'm at 12 from this sale, and there's another week to go. :(

So far, I've bought...

Binding of Isaac DLC

Tomb Raider Legend

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Tomb Raider Underworld

Lara Croft - Guardian of Light (plus DLC)

Trine Franchise (for a friend)

Adding to the list....

Orcs Must Die (GotY Edition)

Sam & Max Collection

KOTOR

From Dust

Ys: Origin

Trine Franchise (yes, again. For another friend)

The Walking Dead

Prince of Persia Collection (all the PoP games for a tenner - its a secret flash sale)

Serious Sam 3 - Four Pack.

This is getting expensive. Still tempted by stuff today but must resist.

I can understand where you are comming from,but I still say that steam are wrong by "forcing you" to install their product BEFORE you can play the game.Maybe its the way I was brought up, or maybe its my attitude, I dont know.Its just that I will not have people telling me what to do UNLESS they have a right to do so.In other words,If I was a schoolkid then the teacher has a right to tell me what to do,If I am breaking the law then the police have a right to stop me and tell me what to do BUT if I buy a pair of shoes then the shop owner has no right at all to tell me where I can wear them.If I buy a pair of jeans and I want to wear them to a funeral then thats my right,dont try to tell me that I cant do that ( unless its close family of the deceased )

So, my point is that steam should be optional ,, that way if it is as good as you say then people will be quing up to join, wont they ?

Just DONT tell me what to do with MY game.

Its as simple as that.

Some great deals on there at the moment:

Fallout: New Vegas for £3.74 :shock:

Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword for £1.99

Saints Row 3 for £7.49

With those three alone for just over 13 quid you get (by my reckoning) about 200+ hours of gameplay.

I'm keeping an eye open for the remakes of the Monkey Island series to get reduced. Been meaning to play them for a while now.

Its as simple as that.

I think the games' developers would throw that right back at you. If you don't like the conditions of their product, vote with your wallet.

Steam's not perfect, but it's by far the best of a bad bunch. Most companies aren't willing to remove DRM entirely. DRM that adds value is the next best thing.

I'm keeping an eye open for the remakes of the Monkey Island series to get reduced. Been meaning to play them for a while now.

They were in a flash sale late last night :(

Its as simple as that.

I think the games' developers would throw that right back at you. If you don't like the conditions of their product, vote with your wallet.

Steam's not perfect, but it's by far the best of a bad bunch. Most companies aren't willing to remove DRM entirely. DRM that adds value is the next best thing.

I do vote with my wallet.The last steam game I bought was Civilization 5.I also have the boxed version of Football Manager 2012 BUT I don`t play it,I play the version a friend got me from Bangcock ( which does not need steam )

The thing about steam that I dont understand is that if it is so **** good, then how come it is COMPULSARY ???

Surely if it is so good it only needs to be OPTIONAL and everybody will join up anyway ? :huh:

Steam is excellent and convenient and you should stop having these dumb teenage hang-ups about being forced to do stuff by the MAN.

I repeat what I said above.

If steam is ssssoooooooo good, why isnt it optional ? AND,

As I also said earlier.Unless you have a legal right to do so,DO NOT try to force me to do anything that I don`t want to do.

Â