Old timers, weekends, and airplane landings are alike

trekka

... If you can walk away from them, they’re successful. ~ Casey Stengel

On that strange note, welcome to the weekend thread. What are your plans?

I'm back in my lovely flat in Portsmouth for the first time in months this weekend. I miss this place; so much that I'm celebrating with a pizza this evening (bless you Pizza Hut for the 50% off offer) and a bottle of rum. I'm even celebrating with a fry up tomorrow morning for the first time in years (well, the diet was going well :twisted:).

Apart from that, I fancy doing a bit of DIY (I use the term DIY loosely): I have a spare bedroom with nothing in it apart from a wardrobe and a bit of old tat. What do you suggest I do with it on a VERY small budget?

I have a spare bedroom with nothing in it apart from a wardrobe and a bit of old tat. What do you suggest I do with it on a VERY small budget?

Take a shit in the middle of it. Take a grainy black and white 'arty' pic and sell the picture. Call it something depressing like 'the excrement of modern struggle'

Tonight will most likely be having some form of takeaway and doing **** all else, unless a mate comes out of the woodwork with an idea of something to do. Probably end up polishing off MGS3 and listening to 5live.

Tomorrow I'll do exceptionally little other than go to work and watch some TV/a film on the night.

Sunday I will go to work, help close up, come home to a pretty ropey Sunday roast, and do bugger all else.

Same weekend as always. Sigh.

watch film, read book tonight ( Intimate Enemies / The Tin Drum [ brilliantly bonkers ] ) possibly have pint / play poker afterwards

tomorrow - choose one of a million things I need to study and do that for a while, party at mutual friends house in the evening, the hostess wishes me to come because she's invited some single women, so looking forward to utilising some well borne strategems for insulting them all within 20 minutes of our introduction,

then sunday working behind the bar at the milennium stadium for the rugby match, probably watching the film version of the tin drum in the evening

4 hours work Saturday morning and then I'll do sod all besides watching 6 live games of football, eating , sleeping... and I'll probably make AVFC Hitz's mixtape thingy .

Work knackers me out so in my 1.5 days off I try not to leave my bed area unless I really have to.

Beer and a curry tonight for my mates birthday

First drink of the year so will be making it a good one ( more so having just got back from a kids birthday party with 34 screaming 7 year olds... Not screaming at me before anyone says it )

Tomorrow wife is teaching at Hungarian school so I have to entertain the kids whilst trying to pretend that I'm not hungover

Sunday brothers birthday and taking him out to some sushi place in Guildford as he likes that sort of stuff ( I'm hoping they will deep fat fry mine for me )

Up early for a 7am bus to Brum tomorrow (booked it before the City game was moved to sunday), it's my mates birthday so will be going out for that tomorrow night then wake up hungover go for a cooked breakfast and hit the pub and then VP on sunday afternoon.

Â