London 2012 Olympic Games

maqroll

These gmnasts are just incredible, the upper body strength they have would rival a weight lifter.

Every Olympics it is the gymnasts who impress me the most, especially those on the rings.

I agree the ring routines are amazing. I had a go at muscle ups on a pair a few months ago a made a **** wally of myself. I did two proper ones and one shit one and needed a lie down. That inverted cross thing is ridiculous.

These gmnasts are just incredible, the upper body strength they have would rival a weight lifter.

Every Olympics it is the gymnasts who impress me the most, especially those on the rings.

Yeah, they are crazy. It is hard to fully appreciate also unless you try and lift yourself up on a set of rings yourself.

Tomlinson superb on the rings.

I think team GB will get a bronze medal.

These guys deserve as much credit and adulation as Bolt, but I appreciate it is completely different skills involved.

Japan will probably get gold.

Dunno why you all hate the equestrianism. I agree the dressage is overly technical and dull, but the cross-country is great.

And you'd never guess Zara Phillips was a royal from the way she speaks. Pure estuary.

Britain haven't won anything like what they thought they would at this stage though have they? I mean, Cavendish was nailed on for the cycling, Daley was going to walk (or fall?) the diving and swimmers like that Hayley one were up for one too. Armitstead was a bit of a surprise so that's one back and old spoon face was kind of expected to get a medal, but other than that it hasn't gone to plan at all.

Have to admit, I was expecting Team GB to have more medals by now..

The mens cycling was a **** up but the synchronized diving is pretty open. Daley was more on for the individual I thought?

GB get most of their medals in the rowing and track cycling though so they will start to pick some up soon.

Anyone who knows the course they rode, would have said that Cavendish was not a nail on medallist. Add the lack of race radios, sporadic timings and the inevitable happened. He had a good chance to win, but not a certainty. The British swimmers are doing as well as one would expect; Addlington did really well (and was not nailed on at all, especially with his swim in the morning), and the rest have not been in great form.

The problem is that Beijing was our best performance since 1908, and would be pretty hard to repeat.

I personally dont hate it, but I think of all the events I have seen so far, it is one that interests me the least.

Zhao or whatever his name was, is very impressive in his floor performance.

Another gold for China. Well deserved.

They really are having an incredible Olympics, some people thought the Beijing performance was just a one off, because they were hosts. Nah, they will get at least 40 Gold medals again.

Dunno why you all hate the equestrianism. I agree the dressage is overly technical and dull, but the cross-country is great.

Three main reasons why I don't like that garbage:

Exclusivity - Horses are expensive as hell. Only a fraction of a percentage of the world's population can even afford to have a go at being an equestrianizer.

Animals in sport - I know if I jumped over fences with someone on my back they wouldn't be getting the credit. Not really a competition between humans IMO. We might as well have elephant wrestling and give a medal to whoever owns the winner. I'm not going to even touch the mental strain training takes on a horse (mainly because I don't know shit about it :lol:).

Physical difficulty - With all due respect if the sexes are competing against each other (not to mention elderly members of both sexes) I struggle to see it as a sport at all. It obviously takes some kind of skill, just not a sporting kind.

Â