Relegation - Merged

Amo69

I think this weekends games will confirm everything. Our relegation or survival. Not matematically, but pretty much as close to that as possible. Win against West Brom then there is no way Blackburn can catch us and QPR would then need maximum points from their remaning games to overtake.

Lose and well, even Bickster will accept Championship football next season.

I agree V!

Shocking that it has come to this. QPR are the club we need to keep our eye on.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am as upset as anyone about the situation at Villa Park but I just really hope we show our class as fans and continue to get right behind the players when they need it most. McLeish is obviously still going to be in charge and if we as fans focus our efforts on hating him during games it's only going to have an adverse effect on the team.

Quite frankly, we'll have all summer to mope about and accept relegation if we do go down so we might as well do all we can for 3 games, as hard as I know it may be. Otherwise, with all the other teams fighting for their lives (Blackburn aside possibly), fan backing will be yet another advantage the teams below us have.

I know some are saying they'd rather go down and start over, but I wouldn't be so confident we'd come straight back up. The Championship is a tough league and we could find ourselves there for a good few years. That's not a risk I'd fancy taking.

Are you ready for another season of McLeish?

I am as upset as anyone about the situation at Villa Park but I just really hope we show our class as fans and continue to get right behind the players when they need it most. McLeish is obviously still going to be in charge and if we as fans focus our efforts on hating him during games it's only going to have an adverse effect on the team.

Quite frankly, we'll have all summer to mope about and accept relegation if we do go down so we might as well do all we can for 3 games, as hard as I know it may be. Otherwise, with all the other teams fighting for their lives (Blackburn aside possibly), fan backing will be yet another advantage the teams below us have.

I know some are saying they'd rather go down and start over, but I wouldn't be so confident we'd come straight back up. The Championship is a tough league and we could find ourselves there for a good few years. That's not a risk I'd fancy taking.

I think he'll go even if we stay up. He'll still have done a horrendous job that surely can't be ignored.

In my opinion, we'll have a better chance of becoming a competitive Premier League sooner if we are still in the division.

I think he'll go even if we stay up. He'll still have done a horrendous job that surely can't be ignored.

In my opinion, we'll have a better chance of becoming a competitive Premier League sooner if we are still in the division.

Well I hope you are right. As soon as I hear that he has gone, no matter what division we are in, I will be on the internet renewing my two season tickets.

I hope villa stay up if that's any help always liked villa apart from when they play city.

So bet of luck from me

Thanks for your kind comments and it will probably be luck that keeps us up.

There are to many teams involved for much to be decided. I think the scenario for the next 3 games will be the same - win and were safe.

Our position\Points isn't critical - its our form on the pitch that is. Thats why neutrals think we will be ok - they look at table - and say 'you only need a win' - but they haven't seen us scramble a last winner over Fulham - as our only home victory since november.

I quite like Niall Quinn... He's the only person who I really see that has played the game, and sounds as though he has fairly decent business acumen. Im guessing we won't get him, but, he talks sense sometimes!

DOF definitely needed if McUseless stays - hello Houllier I bet Faulkner is planning...

I hope villa stay up if that's any help always liked villa apart from when they play city.

So bet of luck from me

Eh? Surely you must love it when Villa come to town, it's a guaranteed 3 points in the bag!

Lol yeah we always seem to score a few at home but not too many at Villa Park

Any manager of Martinez, Lambert or Rodgers would be great.

Get rid of Faulkner ASAP and replace him with a proper football exec such as David Dein would get us back on the right road.

He did a horrendous job before and that seemingly was enough to get him the Villa job in the first place.

We only have a limited window to show RL that McLeish as manager is simply unacceptable. I don't trust them to figure it out for themselves.

Can't beleive it's come to this. I know we've had so many injuries but this is just getting ridiculous.

I think Paul Franks on Radio WM hit the nail on the head last week after Stoke game...

"Where is your Chairman Villa fans?"... "Why isn't he at the games and lending his support at a time of crisis?"

I think we'll stay up JUST but putting these young players who are simply not ready for PL football week in, week out into the team, is just

madness under this pressure.

I think it's great we have so many academy players coming through but Randy should have made sure we had a few more seniors to supplement.

It's OK cutting the wage bill, but we already had a thread bear squad when MON was in charge.