Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I guarantee one thing the lowest villa will be is 17th.

Do your guarantees come with any sort of guarantee :-)

Only that we are also guaranteed to get 2 more points this season which will keep us safe. Is that guarantee enough. :D

I'm personally not panicking I'm just getting ready for the worst case scenario which to be fair is looking more and more possible by the week. Yes maybe Voinjama is right maybe 2 points is all we need but we have teams below us that show time and time again they can get wins from unlikely places..

t we have teams below us that show time and time again they can get wins from unlikely places..
Swansea 3 Blackburn 0...Bolton 0 Fulham 3...West Brom 1 QPR 0...Chelsea 2 Wigan 1...

They've also shown recently they can get rather more predictable results but I suppose we're ignoring those because they don't feed the panicky story.

Well the importance of those results last Saturday is now very clear after that Wigan win at Arsenal.. To be fair i fully expected them to go screaming past us over the next couple of weeks so nothings really changed there.

I just hope & pray Spurs pull it out of the bag against QPR next week..That would be enormous for us though i fear QPR will do them over as they did Liverpool & Swansea although be it with a few lorry loads of luck.

I actually think our best chance of a win this season now is against Sunderland on Saturday. I know it is MON's return & all that but they are on a poor run & that can be tough to halt despite MON's clear disliking of this football club & it's fans & the motivation & satisfaction that would give him to turn us over here.

IF we somehow got a lucky win in that one & QPR lost to Spurs that would leave us in a much healthier position with Blackburn needing to win all 4 of their remaining games & QPR being 7 points behind with 3 to play including Chelsea & Man City Away so they would have to win all 3 of those too!

Massive game for us on Saturday it really is .. Lose & that puts massive pressure on the Bolton game.

As it stands we need 9 points to be guaranteed safety although that will diminish accordingly directly linked to what QPR get.. If they lose against Spurs we need 6 etc.

I don't get some people on here. Until wigans win tonight since Saturday at 5pm all seemed to think we were safe. Ok Wigan got an amazing result tonight. We are still 7 points clear. Besides Bolton the other 4 below us have 4 games left. We ain't safe mathematically but for us to go down needs all other teams to have a massive turn around on their seasons form. Can you see Blackburn winnig 3 games? Really?

We have Alex McLiesh as our boss..... Oh wait. We are ****.

I'd forget all the permutations and try to answer the very simple question. Is Alex McLeish capable of organising and motivating the players available to him to him at the moment to collect sufficient points to avoid relegation?

we probably have enough points to stay up as it is

I don't get some people on here. Until wigans win tonight since Saturday at 5pm all seemed to think we were safe. Ok Wigan got an amazing result tonight. We are still 7 points clear. Besides Bolton the other 4 below us have 4 games left. We ain't safe mathematically but for us to go down needs all other teams to have a massive turn around on their seasons form. Can you see Blackburn winnig 3 games? Really?

We have Alex McLiesh as our boss..... Oh wait. We are ****.

I can see any of the teams below us pulling a 3 pointer out of the bag because their respective managers can make their teams perform. Ours can't.