Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF... we get 2 more points (not beyond the realms of possibility)

Blackburn will need to win 3 and draw 1 of there remaining games to go above us (ie. go unbeaten).

QPR will need to win 2 and draw 2, or win 3 of there remaining 4 games to go above us.

Seems unlikely but they make me so unconfident.

QPR are only 4 points behind us. They are the closest to our goal difference of the relegation bunch. We get 2 points, they could potentially need just 2 wins. Presuming we get 2 points and lose 3 games, good chance our goal difference will be similar to QPR's.

Big if's though.

If we get 3 0-0 draws we should be OK.
We've only kept 3 clean sheets since Boxing Day, inclusive. So I doubt we can keep another 3 over the next month. There's no way we can afford not to go all out to score in every game.

Three 1-1s then.

We have drawn 2 of our last 3 games 1-1 after all. :winkold:

If we get 3 0-0 draws we should be OK.
We've only kept 3 clean sheets since Boxing Day, inclusive. So I doubt we can keep another 3 over the next month. There's no way we can afford not to go all out to score in every game.

Three 1-1s then.

We have drawn 2 of our last 3 games 1-1 after all. :winkold:

I know and agree a few more points should see us OK, but my point was we have to keep scoring, which is worrying with Bent out and Gabby disinterested. Hoping for 0-0s would suggest we have some hope of keeping things tight at the back, which we don't seem to. McLeish has certainly disproved the idea that he is a defensive manager.

We need to let him have it against Sunderland. **** upsetting the players as they couldn't do much worse. This idiot has to be forced out!

This statement is pathetic if anything we should should do the complete opposite and get behind the team even more now. yes mcleish is useless and needs to go but we are now in the thick of it and the squad needs encouragement from fans to be passionate in the game.

Our next two home game are crucial and most are targeting the Bolton game as the key but Sunderland on saturday is every bit as important as they are on a bit of a blip at the moment due to the classic O'Neill shit tactics of no team rotation. We cannot let the man who put us into this situation in the first place walk away with 3 points and big smug smile on his face.

I will be getting 100% behind the team on saturday and hope everyone else attending the game will also do.

We cannot let the man who put us into this situation in the first place walk away with 3 points and big smug smile on his face..
Don't worry, the chances of McLeish winning any more games aren't too hot. That's who you meant, right?

this is a huge weekend - Villa vs Sunderland, Bolton vs Swansea, Fulham vs Wigan, Blackburn vs Norwich, QPR vs Spurs, and then our game in hand against Bolton. 4 points will be enough for us, unless we get unfortunate on Saturday and QPR and/or Bolton win

What will save Villa is QPRs games, and I think Villa have enough to get 2 points from 5 games. Not even Mcleish is that bad. :lol:

Oh yes he is

The evidence of the whole season and our current form says he isn't

I can see this being a really really bad weekend for us.

Spurs wounded and their season petering out, Swansea soft touches away from home, Wigan on fire and Fulham in midtable obscurity with nothing to play for, and then we're up against MON, who'll get his players really fired up for it.

Honestly, really, is this really happening to Aston Villa FC?

It's a joke, right?

An ex Bluenose joke in charge and the Villans flirting with relegation?

Surely I've eaten something that's disagreed with me and I'm hallucinating?

Bring back the Doc!!

We all know how tough the last 2 seasons have been but for the sack of our football club we need to forget everything that has happened and support the young lads that will decide if we stay up or not. Lets forget about the clown in charge and for the last 5 games cheer on the lads as that support may be the difference in the end.

What will save Villa is QPRs games, and I think Villa have enough to get 2 points from 5 games. Not even Mcleish is that bad. :lol:

Oh yes he is

The evidence of the whole season and our current form says he isn't

The evidence of last season, from the same point onwards when SHA actually had more points than us, says he is.

If you remove the win against Fulham which to be fair was an anomaly we only managed 4 points in 10 games. The win inflates that to 7 in 11 games but the fact remains is while some may believe we are due a win we've only had 2 wins in the last 15 games, 6 were draws the rest we lost.. So yeah we may stay up by drawing but who are we going to draw against? Sunderland will beat us, Bolton we'll draw, West Brom will be a draw/loss, Spurs will be a loss and Norwich could be a draw/loss.. So only one game out of 5 I'm confident the result will be a draw the rest are hit and miss but I don't see us winning any of them.

The panic of some fans is just funny. I guarantee one thing the lowest villa will be is 17th. Yes thats not very good but at least premiership football will be at villa park next season.

Spurs will do Villa a favour on Saturday, and then they will be at least 4 points behind with only 3 games left. Basically it is QPR who we need to watch.

I'd forget all the permutations and try to answer the very simple question. Is Alex McLeish capable of organising and motivating the players available to him to him at the moment to collect sufficient points to avoid relegation?

Sadly I think the answer is no and as I said a while back I think we will be relegated. This is almost a precise replay of what happened with Birmingham and I can see that analogy continuing when Lerner and Faulkner decide he is the best man to get us out of the Championship. Quite who and how many will be attending VP to watch that will be very interesting.