Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a disgrace if he is still in a job come end of the season

As I said in the McLeish topic, I really don't think there has been no where near enough abuse aimed at McLeish, we need it on the Blackburn/Kean scale and if now isn't the right time when will be ? Next season when we are home to Barnsley on the opening day of the season.

We need to either fill Villa Park with enough abuse to make Randy sit up and notice or leave Villa Park over half empty to make him take notice, yes I know it affects the players but most of them will be gone when we get relegated.

We have to stop pussyfooting around do we want this bloody idiot out or what.

I do not agree with abusing anyone on match day as it affects the performance of the team but if there is abuse then some of it should also be directed at our chairman, whether he's there or not.

I do not agree with abusing anyone on match day as it affects the performance of the team but if there is abuse then some of it should also be directed at our chairman, whether he's there or not.

having mcleish there on matchday has more of a negative impact on the team than any level of abuse :lol:

It's a disgrace if he is still in a job come end of the season

As I said in the McLeish topic, I really don't think there has been no where near enough abuse aimed at McLeish, we need it on the Blackburn/Kean scale and if now isn't the right time when will be ? Next season when we are home to Barnsley on the opening day of the season.

We need to either fill Villa Park with enough abuse to make Randy sit up and notice or leave Villa Park over half empty to make him take notice, yes I know it affects the players but most of them will be gone when we get relegated.

We have to stop pussyfooting around do we want this bloody idiot out or what.

As soon as we're safe (if we actually survive) I think every minute of every game should be anti-McLeish chanting until he goes. I wouldn't normally condone such a thing but the circumstances call for it. He's the worst thing to happen to this club in decades.

There is no reason that AVFC should not be knocking on the door for UEFA places, the all time PL has us around that position and on trophies won we're the 4th most successful team after Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. I think that's where we should be aiming, that's our place in the league unless major investment takes place. Newcastle have shown it can be done without spending ludicrous amounts. That's what angered me a few years back when we were doing well and fans got greedy. Yes, be ambitious but as a Villa fan I lived long enough to know that the cycle goes like this: few decent seasons but never put the last piece in the jigsaw, then a decline, then a flirtation with relegation and back to the start. It's times like this and the DOL years that make you realise that finishing 6th isn't all that bad especially when you have an idiot in charge of team affairs that whines on about us not being an elite club but can't muster wins against the other teams. There's no doubt that he should be eliminated!

Whatever happens at the end of this season, either survival or relegation McLeish should not be the manager.

If we get relegated - sack him as this should never have been an option (regardless of losing Downing and Young before the season started)

If we scrape survival - sack him due to poor performances and risking our Premier League standing.

Hopefully he's a dead man walking....

How could it possibly make the team perform any worse? They are hardly making it fortress Villa Park are they!

What scares me is not getting relegated, but getting relegated and then being unable to beat their teams. Our youth players are more than good enough to blitz that league.. If we go down I want to see us winning games for fun as it's a vastly easier league. I just worry we won't and we'll be spending the next decade or two in the lower leagues.

I don't know why we are worrying about protesting may affect the players. They won't much care for us if we get relegated cause they will all **** off back to the premier league to join another club. Harsh but so true!

I don't know why we are worrying about protesting may affect the players. They won't much care for us if we get relegated cause they will all **** off back to the premier league to join another club. Harsh but so true!

All except the kids and the really shit ones!

As my sig has been stating all season, anything lower than a 9th place finish is a failure.

Didn't McLeish himself say that about 9th place? I've tried to find the quote but not managed it.

If he did then it is probably the only bit of sense he has talked all season!

Well this is what he said in January....

“We know the fan expectations of this club are that we should be fighting up towards that top eight at least.

“We have to have that mission for the second half of the season. I am not saying we will do it, but I am saying we can do it.

“If the players continue to believe in themselves the way they did in the second half against Wolves then we have to make that a target.”

McLeish insists Villa will be giving the cup their full attention and respect this weekend.

“The magic of the FA Cup dictates you can’t leave anything to chance and you have to go and do your utmost to get through to the next round,” he added.

“We have a tough away tie, we know that, but the top clubs have proven this season that they are not unbeatable.”

McLeish before his change of mind