Relegation - Merged

Amo69

It is a bit Catch-22, but nothing justifies going down. Not even if it removes Eck in the process (which some doubt would even happen in that scenario). The board and manager have often been heard justifying this season as being some kind of a transitional season. I don't believe that, but at least the inference that can be taken is that they acknowledge big change this summer. Hopefully we stay up and come out the other side of the summer in much better shape. I say hopefully, but I wouldn't put money on it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a bit Catch-22, but nothing justifies going down. Not even if it removes Eck in the process (which some doubt would even happen in that scenario). The board and manager have often been heard justifying this season as being some kind of a transitional season. I don't believe that, but at least the inference that can be taken is that they acknowledge big change this summer. Hopefully we stay up and come out the other side of the summer in much better shape. I say hopefully, but I wouldn't put money on it.

No, nothing does justify going down. But having to trust that the powers that be have some sort of epiphany in close season and get rid of AM is pretty long odds in itself. Randy Lerner might have the big bucks, but he does'nt understand what he's done here.

You just get the feeling that any kind of survival, flattering or not, will be seen as vindication of the boards appointment, which only the most easily pleased would agree is the case.

So basically Championship next season then?

I think we are going down, McLeish and Grant cant motivate.

Rather than looking for a win McLeish will look to pick up a point and not lose.

he did the same thing when it got difficult at hibs,motherwell and blues. look at last season, blues could have stayed up with a point or definatly stayed up with 3 points. he went 1 up front at spurs and only tried to attack once they went behind. too little too late.

I would play 4-4-2 and go all out attack in our remaining games, liverpool are shite, spurs are on a poor run. mcleish will see these as better teams than us and park the bus. this is why i hate him so much

Must admit I'm in the camp that we will be relegated.

With the injuries we have at the moment those players that made the side up on Saturday are going to feature in the next few matches. With all the will in the world that side simply lacks the experience and quality to win matches. I can't see where the next win will come. There maybe a few draws along the way but I don't see that as being good enough to stay up especially given the fighting spirit shown by QPR, Blackburn and Bolton of late

I think , quite obviously by the end of the Stoke game we will know our fate.Lose the next 2 and the ones below pick up points and we are down.

Sunderland are 3rd in the form league and Man U at Old trafford we might as well send the catering staff so no points from them.

We just won't have the experiance to get out of it

I have just realised we will soon be overtaken by Spurs in the all time premiership table. The club has been 5th since 2008 but that position has been threatened with Spurs impressive points totals over the last few seasons and Villa continuing decline. I think the gap is about 20 now :shock:

I think it will be very tight and very close. If someone had a gun to my head I would say we will stay up. Just.

If we need a result on the last day to stay up though I may change my opinion.