Relegation - Merged

Amo69

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first 3 posts in this thread...

I'd like to think we wont get relegated.

However given our home form, players, manager and general malaise at the club I do think we will be in a fight and that, frankly, scares the shit out of me

Im the same Rich, up until recently i thought we would be nowhere near a relegration scrap...im not too sure anymore. :|

We won't get relegated.

I dont think we will, but i fear we may just get caught up in a bit of a scrap causing a bit of squeaky bum time.

Aston villa football club should not be in this position.

This, a thousand times over. :(

Pretty depressing. :(

Everything at the club smacks as being mid table, from the board to the players. The only thing that doesn't is the manager who smacks as lower mid table at best. Considering he is the one controlling the playing side, that is a huge worry. Too good to go down? Not by a long shot.

Just looking back at my quote, I still hold this opinion, note my appraisal of Mcleish is lower mid table at best !

I dis agree, I think he is championship personally.

We need McLeish out of this club now. I reckon to survive this season we will need over 40 points. We have absolutely no chance of that with this fraud in charge.

Bolton and Blackburn are charging at us now, and our only takes one of Wigan and QPR to win a couple now, which they are doing, and we are buried.

Predicted finish if McSpazhole is still here in May is now 19th.

I did one of those predictor things on the BBC site yesterday and although I know it's pointless as results could go whatever way, it ended with us going into the final day needing a point against Norwich away and hoping Arsenal beat WBA at the Hawthorns.

What an exciting Sunday that will be!

We need McLeish out of this club now. I reckon to survive this season we will need over 40 points. We have absolutely no chance of that with this fraud in charge.

Bolton and Blackburn are charging at us now, and our only takes one of Wigan and QPR to win a couple now, which they are doing, and we are buried.

Predicted finish if McSpazhole is still here in May is now 19th.

There is no way over 40 points will be needed to stay up this season. There are only 7 games left and the bottom lot have 22 to 29. 37 will easily be enough, but whether the club gets to 37 or not is a different matter.

The Stoke game is huge. If we beat them - and we should, I can see us picking up enough points for being safe 38 points for safety I reckon. Whoever wins out of us and the Albion in the derby will be the highest.

If the club goes down then it will be the game all the other teams want to win. They will all look at the fixture list for when Aston Villa are coming to town. Every teams highest attendance will be for the game against aston villa. The kings of the division in the same way newcastle were 2 years ago.

Look I am just trying to look at positives of relegation for when the inevitable happens next season.

my opinion though

It's fair enough.

I just didn't see much evideence to suggest houllier was the right man.

He managed to finish 9th. Cant see that happening this season.

he didn't finish 9th because he didn't finish the season and had delivered a poor performance on the games he actually managed. Out of our 48 points last season, KMac and GMac got 15 from 10 games between them. Houllier managed 33 from 28 games which is barely better than McLeish has managed.

Not that it actually means anything because a) It is simply my opinion and B) results are so unpredictable at this time of the season.

But my 3 to go down from the BBC predictor thing are

18. QPR

19. Blackburn

20. Wolves

Wigan survive by 1 point and Aston Villa 15th with 39 points. Which by the way is exactly the same number Birmingham City got last season.