Relegation - Merged

Amo69

How long ago that immortal spiel "I think we can finish 4th..err i mean 5th" was trotted out.

I do wonder whether that highly prized letter from Fergie will retain its magic and be kept in its treasured 'safe' position, even if we were to be relegated. Somehow, i expect so...

I still think we'll narrowly stay up this season. But there's no doubt this club is in ******* trouble with LeArner making the decisions. We're getting worse and worse and i see no hope for the future whilst he remains the owner.

Lerner, for the sake of AVFC. Please try to find an interested buyer.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have all the people gone that said "we wont go down" ,"there is no chance that the teams below us can all pick up enough points to cathc us". well, here we are, hovering right above them with a absolute shocking fixture list. Im sorry to say it but really think we could be one of the favorites to go down now. QPR look like they have clicked, Bolton have found some spirit, Wigan going to go on a run like they did last season towards the end of the season, whilst we keep rolling over and having out belly tickled.RELEGATION is very much on the cards now lads.

Lerner, your a f##king prick, as far as im concerned you deserve everything that is coming your way. Premiership experiance, meh.... what a f##king joke of an appointment and you havent even got the balls to rectify your decision... Gutless Tw@t.

And ANYONE who had already renewed their season ticket, Well, bigger the fools you!

I stand by my previous comments about us not being relegated and renewing my season tickets. The odds that we will be relegated instead of those below us statistically against and still well in our favour. Does that mean we are doing well no it doesnt but Frankly Villa "fans" like you make me nauseous. Having a go at the owners and management is fine but there is no need to attack other fans - the mess we are in is not of the fans making. Thinking we will stay up and renewing season tickets does not mean people like me are any less angry at the club ownership or McCleish.

Having followed my club for decades doesn't make me a fool but your attack on those that don't agree with your hysterical comments does show you are a bit of a clearing in the woods and that you need to grow some.

I havnt attacked anyone, I was mearly pointing out that SO MANY FANS LIKE YOURSELF are too quick to shoot REALISTIC fans like MYSELF down when we mention that relegation IS a possibility. It is only our opinion that it could be a very high possibility that we could actually go down.

And calling someone a Clearing in the woods over a internet forum shows you have really grown a pair dosent it mate...? you have sort of been slightly hypocritical saying I am attacking fans to then go and do that? brilliant...

Hilarious.........

Where have all the people gone that said "we wont go down" ,"there is no chance that the teams below us can all pick up enough points to cathc us". well, here we are, hovering right above them with a absolute shocking fixture list. Im sorry to say it but really think we could be one of the favorites to go down now. QPR look like they have clicked, Bolton have found some spirit, Wigan going to go on a run like they did last season towards the end of the season, whilst we keep rolling over and having out belly tickled.RELEGATION is very much on the cards now lads.

Lerner, your a f##king prick, as far as im concerned you deserve everything that is coming your way. Premiership experiance, meh.... what a f##king joke of an appointment and you havent even got the balls to rectify your decision... Gutless Tw@t.

And ANYONE who had already renewed their season ticket, Well, bigger the fools you!

I stand by my previous comments about us not being relegated and renewing my season tickets. The odds that we will be relegated instead of those below us statistically against and still well in our favour. Does that mean we are doing well no it doesnt but Frankly Villa "fans" like you make me nauseous. Having a go at the owners and management is fine but there is no need to attack other fans - the mess we are in is not of the fans making. Thinking we will stay up and renewing season tickets does not mean people like me are any less angry at the club ownership or McCleish.

Having followed my club for decades doesn't make me a fool but your attack on those that don't agree with your hysterical comments does show you are a bit of a clearing in the woods and that you need to grow some.

I havnt attacked anyone, I was mearly pointing out that SO MANY FANS LIKE YOURSELF are too quick to shoot REALISTIC fans like MYSELF down when we mention that relegation IS a possibility. It is only our opinion that it could be a very high possibility that we could actually go down.

And calling someone a Clearing in the woods over a internet forum shows you have really grown a pair dosent it mate...? you have sort of been slightly hypocritical saying I am attacking fans to then go and do that? brilliant...

Hilarious.........

Don't start again mate, Please?

Im still depondant mate, although I feel some of my comments on here tonight have been taken WAY out of context. I just feel that the form we are in, and the way we set up and dont really attack teams could make for a real hard 7 games. With other actually seem to be right up for it.

It actually worrys me when I look at the table and the teams below us have either won more games, or are level with us on wins or within 1, we have just drawn a few more than them.

I bet you've spent the last week panic-buying petrol and filling up Jerry Cans in your garage... :winkold:

Im still depondant mate, although I feel some of my comments on here tonight have been taken WAY out of context. I just feel that the form we are in, and the way we set up and dont really attack teams could make for a real hard 7 games. With other actually seem to be right up for it.

It actually worrys me when I look at the table and the teams below us have either won more games, or are level with us on wins or within 1, we have just drawn a few more than them.

I bet you've spent the last week panic-buying petrol and filling up Jerry Cans in your garage... :winkold:

LOL, nah mate, Had a full tank at the beginning of the week so no need. But now you mention it, I might top up tomorrow... :winkold:

Wigan:- Chelsea A, Man UTD H, Arsenal A, Fulham A, Newcastle H, Blackburn A, Wolves H

QPR:- Man UTD A, Swansea H, West Brom A, Spurs H, Chelsea A, Stoke H, Man City A

Bolton:- Fulham H, Newcastle A, Swansea H, Villa A, Sunderland A, Spurs H, West Brom H, Stoke A

Blackburn:- Man UTD H, West Brom A, Liverpool H, Swansea A, Norwich H, Spurs A, Wigan H, Chelsea A

West Brom:- Blackburn H, Man City A, QPR H, Liverpool A, Villa H, Bolton A, Arsenal H

Yes I added the Baggies. Only 3 points ahead of us and their fixtures could drag them in to it easy.

From the fixtures listed above I have those teams finishing with these points:

Wigan = 6 more (34 in total)

QPR = 8 more (36 in total)

Bolton = 13 more (42 in total)

Blackburn = 7 more (35 in total)

West Brom = 5 more (41 in total)

Wolves are clearly down so that leaves 2 more places. I don't think for one minute we will get to 40 points so that leaves 2 out of us, Wigan, QPR & Blackburn. I think Wigan will be gone because the damage will be done with their next 3 fixtures but that means we will still need to amass at least 3 more points to gain safety. To be honest, we should get at least a couple more than that. However, can we really be certain of anything with this current Villa side?

An average (by their standards) Chelsea side hit 4 past us on our own turf today. Going to Man Utd and Anfield may see our superior goal difference vastly reduced. I can see us shipping a lot of goals between now and the end of the season. Trouble is, we don't look likely to score too many to compensate for that.

After watching recent Villa performances, and going on the players we are now left to depend on, I cannot see us getting any points from the games against Liverpool, Man Utd or Spurs. I think MON will treat coming to Villa Park like a trip to Wembley and unless Lerner offers our players a £1m a man win bonus I cannot seriously see us getting any points from that game.

Stoke are generally unpredictable but the predictable thing about them is that they always give us a hard game. I think the best we can expect from that game is a point. The West Brom game is a derby and these are always in the balance. Again, the best I think we can hope for is a point but I actually think they will have too much for us on the day and beat us. Bolton already beat us at Villa Park this season and that was with a much weaker first team than we fielded. That, together with the togetherness gained from the Muamba incident, makes me think that they will come to Villa and beat us.

This leaves us needing to go to Norwich on the last day of the season to get at least a point in order to stay up. How many Villa fans are confident of us being able to do that?

I don't think Villa will surprise us with a better result than we expect from them between now and the end of the season. I sadly believe that we will only get a maximum of 3 points now. But, the way results have gone for others recently, I wouldn't think it amazing if some of the others below us get some surprising results.

Bottom line for me is that I think relegation is a real possibility. We have longer term injuries to key players, we are woefully out of form and we have McLeish leading for the rest of the season. A man with a bad track record at this juncture. Brave words from lots of posters on here but I'm not quite sure they have figured out how poor we are. The only saving grace I can see is McLeish's position would be untenable if we did go down. I just wish that joke of an owner we have would **** off as well. Some hope.

Bottom line for me is that I think relegation is a real possibility. We have longer term injuries to key players, we are woefully out of form and we have McLeish leading for the rest of the season. A man with a bad track record at this juncture. Brave words from lots of posters on here but I'm not quite sure they have figured out how poor we are. The only saving grace I can see is McLeish's position would be untenable if we did go down. I just wish that joke of an owner we have would **** off as well. Some hope.

Careful mate, you will get slammed by some for having your own honest opinion. As you might have seen from the last few pages.

Careful mate, you will get slammed by some for having your own honest opinion. As you might have seen from the last few pages.

You can expect abuse if you call fans fools for renewing season tickets.

Yes beating Fulham was critical.

I would be feeling as despondent as most on here if we were only on 31 points. Those extra two points have still given us a manageable buffer.

This. I'm not really concerned at the moment and still think we'll stay up.

I don't think anyone who buys a season ticket is a fool. I just think that they have a higher tolerance level than others who choose not to purchase. I go with my Dad and Brother to the games and we have been saying for weeks that we won't renew if McLeish is in charge. It hurts to say that and every week I hope for something inspiring from the Villa to change ourminds but today my Brother is more adamnt than ever that we won't renew if McLeish is in charge. We simply feel that it is too painful to watch the club we love suffer so much under this current management. If they sacked him tomorrow they would have 3 guaranteed renewals the next day!!

I don't think anyone who buys a season ticket is a fool. I just think that they have a higher tolerance level than others who choose not to purchase. I go with my Dad and Brother to the games and we have been saying for weeks that we won't renew if McLeish is in charge. It hurts to say that and every week I hope for something inspiring from the Villa to change ourminds but today my Brother is more adamnt than ever that we won't renew if McLeish is in charge. We simply feel that it is too painful to watch the club we love suffer so much under this current management. If they sacked him tomorrow they would have 3 guaranteed renewals the next day!!

Totally agree with that. Four of us go together, my mate and his son are definitely not renewing because of McLeish and I doubt my son and I will with him in charge. Sack him and you will get four renewals, its that simple.

Enthusiastic double post :D

You can expect abuse if you call fans fools for renewing season tickets.

When I said that I didn't mean it literally, obviously fans are always going to renew season tickets. but if fans aren't happy, and are still happy to renew as soon as they go on sale Lerner won't recognise the problem (I.e MCleish) if fans held off for as long as possible to buy their season tickets he might actually think that majority of fans will not be renewing and his hand will be forced to sack MCmuppet. It wasn't a direct insult to fans renewing, although reading it back I can see why it would have seemed that way. It just will seem to the club and randy that season tickets are still flying out the door and there isn't a Problem.

I didn't intent to call anyone a fool, just think the club would recognise the fans are not happy if they held off for a bit.

It just seems that fans are really unhappy at the moment but still ready to buy into it, I see it as this is the time (not renewing straight away) to show the club we are not happy.

It's one of thoughs things, I would prefer just to get relegated this season sack McAwful and start to build then with hopefully a proper managerial appointment than to go through all this shit again next season and probably get relegated. I've almost convinced myself it's for the best.

Been talking to my arsenal, spurs and chelsea supporting mates tonight and they are convinced we will go down- they see with the manager we have, injuries and general disaster we have been since O'Neill left that we have no fight left as club to survive- Can't disagree.... I have little flight left.

The team we started with today will get relegated- no way they are good enough to win another game.

It's one of thoughs things, I would prefer just to get relegated this season sack McAwful and start to build then with hopefully a proper managerial appointment than to go through all this shit again next season and probably get relegated. I've almost convinced myself it's for the best.

I dunno how you can think like that mate. Relegation is a damgerous game, we could then be in the Championship for 10 years! Getting out of that league is as much to do with mental toughness/ability as it is to do with talent of the squad.

I'd be suicidal if we went down, I thankfully think we'll survive by the skin of our teeth!

I dunno how you can think like that mate. Relegation is a damgerous game, we could then be in the Championship for 10 years! Getting out of that league is as much to do with mental toughness/ability as it is to do with talent of the squad.

I'd be suicidal if we went down, I thankfully think we'll survive by the skin of our teeth!

Oh without a doubt, I'm just looking at the fact that with this joker in charge relegation is a certainty either this season or next. I would prefer it this season like ripping off a plaster rather than a slow death with the same shit next season.

Been talking to my arsenal, spurs and chelsea supporting mates tonight and they are convinced we will go down- they see with the manager we have, injuries and general disaster we have been since O'Neill left that we have no fight left as club to survive- Can't disagree.... I have little flight left.

The team we started with today will get relegated- no way they are good enough to win another game.

Wow you must be upset with your 71st post in 6 years ;-)