menu fit for a queen

chrisp65

Princess Camela has suggested that school kids submit suggestions for a menu choice for her maj as celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

Menu should be typically British, relatively simple and suitable or relevant for an oldie. My nippers are currently trying to think of their menu choices.

I've got a few ideas, currently I'l leaning towards:

starter: dairy lea cheese squares on crackers

main course: pizza

dessert: wagon wheel

Je propose... Menu No. 1 - The 70s Berni Inn Special:

Prawn cocktail, Marie Rose sauce

Rump steak & chips, mushrooms, frozen peas, onion rings (suggested drink - pint of Carling Black Label)

Black Forest gateau

Nescafe & After Eight mints

Je propose... The 70s Berni Inn Special:

Prawn cocktail, Marie Rose sauce

Rump steak & chips, mushrooms, frozen peas, onion rings (suggested drink - pint of Carling Black Label)

Black Forest gateau

Nescafe & After Eight mints

that is a good option I recks

mine would be

Starter: Black pudding and Scallops with a wild leaf salad and sweet dressing

Fish Course: Haddock fishcake with poached egg, hollandaise and bacon

Main: Medalions of beef (medium rare) with a rich gravy sauce, garlic and rosemary potatoes, veg

Pudding: Sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream

Cheese board (obviously, british cheeses)

all alcohol british, Thatchers Cider, voters choice on micro bitter of the year, regional british wines (they do exist).

After dinner entertainment, all 22 James bond movies, the italian job, the great escape and the dambusters.

Funnily enough, there's a TV program right now about the logistics of the first crusade to Jerusalem. They took loads of bacon and beans with them. Typical Brits, don't want to eat that foreign muck.

Funnily enough, there's a TV program right now about the logistics of the first crusade to Jerusalem. They took loads of bacon and beans with them. Typical Brits, don't want to eat that foreign muck.

I thought they went over there to get a Salad-in . :winkold:

Â