Save our dogs!

PauloBarnesi

Was never fond of German Shepherds tbh. Can't put my finger on why. Maybe I just don't trust them. Beagles OTOH are one of the very best dogs :nod:

Because I prefer cats, people tend to assume I don't like dogs. Not true. I absolutely DO "get" why people love them. And I've known some individual dogs belonging to friends and relatives that I've loved and wanted to take home. BUT...

(a) I'm slightly scared of them

(B) They are generally too needy and high maintenance

© (the deal breaker) I am unwilling, under any circumstances, to pick up dog shit

On a thread convergence note, anybody who loves dogs HAS to see "The Artist". Uggy the Jack Russell absolutely steals the film.

Quite possibly the best dog picture I have ever seen

pomeranian%2Bdog.jpg

I refuse to believe a big dog could ever look this cool.

I have a German Shephard btw. It is too big. It is noisy, it gets in the way, it moults too much, and it smells. But she is cute ^___^

154yq6g.jpg

Man up!!! :winkold:

Why is it ok for cat owners to leave their shit everywhere?

It's **** repugnant

yeah I hate that you can't walk down your local park or down a street without stepping over cat shit :shock:

It's **** repugnant

yeah I hate that you can't walk down your local park or down a street without stepping over cat shit :shock:

To be fair to Holland they have dog bags on lampposts everywhere where I live, maybe even every 200m or so and especially on the beech.

It's not nice but it need to be picked up, it's mega important. It's basically the only thing non dog owners have and to be honest they are correct. IF you don't clean up then you should lose the dog IMO.

As for the OP, what the hell is a "native breed". This is not like species in the wild being driven to extinction. Genetically, they are just dogs. All the weird shapes and sizes are just a human invention via selective breeding. They come and go, so what?

You're a heartless man!

It's **** repugnant

At least they bury it.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they leave it on the surface for all to admire

I'm a bird lover too and I hate the fact that cats scare and eat the birds

Put a **** bell on it

It's **** repugnant

At least they bury it.

Tell that to my **** cat. Little word removed leaves her shit everywhere, but most commonly right outside the front door. Got up the other morning to find she dumped in the bloody bath. :evil:

It's **** repugnant

At least they bury it.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they leave it on the surface for all to admire

I'm a bird lover too and I hate the fact that cats scare and eat the birds

Put a **** bell on it

Birds? They're just flying reptiles!

(a) I'm slightly scared of them

(B) They are generally too needy and high maintenance

© (the deal breaker) I am unwilling, under any circumstances, to pick up dog shit

Agreed! I'm 100% a cat person.

I was 15 when we got our first dog, I'd only ever had cats up until then. I was really nervous about picking up his shit the first time I walked him, not so much about actually doing it, but about someone from school seeing me do it. Teenage insecurities, I guess.

Anyway, he stopped right at the end of this bloke's drive, who was out washing his car at the time. The bloke stood there staring at me, waiting to see the poop scoop. So I plucked up my courage, grabbed the bag and waited for my dog to empty his arse.

If I hadn't actually seen him straining, I would have been convinced the little bastard had brought out a 2 litre bottle of chocolate milkshake with him and tipped it on this chaps lawn. Rarely took him out again.

I'm not a dog owner, not responsible enough

Cats are seriously over-rated and shit n puke everywhere
Total myth.

All pets need to be carefully trained and looked after. Some have health issues (physical or mental). That's as true for dogs as it is for cats (and humans while we're at it).

Our cat (neutered male, now 5 years old) has NEVER crapped, pissed or puked in the house, and does not scratch the furniture. And he's as sociable and affectionate as any dog.

Neurotic pets are often a sign of neurotic owners in my experience. You get back what you give (good or bad).

Â