Demba Ba (Newcastle)

Villan4Life

Found my old post in Hall Of Fame from 2010 when he was at Hoffenheim, i was raving on about him.. As i watch lot of german football. An suggested him in players to buy, also suggested him again last summer when was on free but got knocked down cos Gabby is meant to be a better striker people was saying on here. :? :? :?

bet people are kicking themselves now.. awesome striker

Newcastle will lose him, apparently £10million release clause in contract!!

Whats everyone think to him now?

My next suggestion is: Papiss Cisse of Freiberg who is as good as Demba!! and would be a steal at around 8-10million

Hindsight is 20/20. A lot of clubs didnt go in for him because he failed two medicals in two years. He was very clever at getting the release clause in his contract with West Ham and Newcastle did great business in signing him. It wasnt because they were clever and everybody else was thick though.

As for the player? He looks like a phenomenal striker at the moment. His goal against Manchester United was the type of finish I love to see.

Looks brilliant at the moment.

But he didn't exactly look amazing at West Ham. Could just as easily be a flash in the pan as could be a quality striker. Time will tell.

On his current form, though, most clubs in the league would jump at the chance to have him.

Looks brilliant at the moment.

But he didn't exactly look amazing at West Ham. Could just as easily be a flash in the pan as could be a quality striker. Time will tell.

On his current form, though, most clubs in the league would jump at the chance to have him.

He got 7 in 12 for west Ham!

Any idea what aspect of the medical's he failing? He does look a top player and on a free there is little risk, all that is needed is either an insurance policy or an agreement with the player that if the risky element of his health causes him to be out of action his wages are lowered.

agree with stevo. wigan had a guy who looked amazing for 6 months a few years back, zaki i think it was. but then his performances fell off big time. i think hes playing in egypt now

that said ive enjoyed watching Ba this season. his goal against man u was quality

Stoke City wouldnt have got him on a free transfer though, which is kinda the point. They could not afford to take the risk that Newcastle did as Demba Ba would have cost them a significant proportion of their transfer budget.

It was only £6m though wasn't it? They got jerome for bout £4m! Puts the risk into perspective

he's doing well, at the moment IMO it's because he's a good player but it could still easily be because he hasn't been figured out by teams or because he's still shop windowing himself, either way I can't see it lasting

One thing is for sure he has a good agent, he had a £0 relegation release clause at West Ham which he activated and now it appears he has a £10m release clause at Newcastle.

I think sooner or later someone will make a bid to activate that clause because quite simply the guy scores goals, lots of them.

It was only £6m though wasn't it? They got jerome for bout £4m! Puts the risk into perspective

he's doing well, at the moment IMO it's because he's a good player but it could still easily be because he hasn't been figured out by teams or because he's still shop windowing himself, either way I can't see it lasting

£7m, and at the time Stoke didnt know whether he would bang in 25 goals in the calendar year or spend all of it on treatment table because his knee exploded. Sometimes you take a punt on a player with medical problems and it works out spectacularly (I seem to remember us signing a certain Irish defender from Manchester United) but more often than not it just results in players being unavailable for large parts of their contract. I dont blame Stoke for not gambling on the fitness of Demba Ba at all. Their fans would have been much more pissed off if he had been injured the entire time and they would have been asking why the club spent a large part of their budget on a player who had failed two medicals in two years.

I think he is doing well because he is a fantastic player. He has all the attributes a great centre forward needs. He is quick, he is powerful, good in the air, has great movement and he looks like a natural finisher. He scores lots of different types of goals and maybe now he has managed a full year unscathed in a very physical league the big clubs will start looking at him. Cant see him leaving Newcastle in January, but I wouldnt be surprised to see him end up in the Champions League next season. I think he would be a good signing for Spurs if they cant keep Adebayor.

Found my old post in Hall Of Fame from 2010 when he was at Hoffenheim, i was raving on about him.. As i watch lot of german football. An suggested him in players to buy, also suggested him again last summer when was on free but got knocked down cos Gabby is meant to be a better striker people was saying on here. :? :? :?

My next suggestion is: Papiss Cisse of Freiberg who is as good as Demba!! and would be a steal at around 8-10million

Papiss Demba Cise is some player, love us to have try with him

• 2 months later...

Papiss Demba Cise is some player, love us to have try with him

Looks like we are both right mate :cry: what a sensation he is turning out to be for Newcastle 8 in 8. Would have loved these two strikers (Demba Cisse and Ba) down the Villa!!!

Â