We have upset Downing :O

Djemba_Villan

He should have kept his trap shut and he owed us more loyalty than he showed. Still, I don't know why some fans insist that Milner and Young should get free passes while Downing is the only one we should be allowed to slag off. They all left for exactly the same mercenary reasons, at times when Villa was clearly on a downward slide. I don't think we should delude ourselves that there is some great difference between loyal, hardworking Young/Milner and lying, treacherous milquetoast Downing. To be fair to him, in the first half of last season he looked like the only player (Young included... maybe Albrighton excepted) who could be bothered to play properly, and but for his effort we might be in the Championship now.

My own stance is that all the players who left because the grass elsewhere was greener are fair game to be booed, since our own grass is now considerably less green as a result of their self-interest. However I recognise the contribution they made and I'm not going to pretend they're some kind of heinous villains. If we can put them off their game in front of their new bosses, though, why not.

young and milner at least showed a modicum of respect towards villa, and they owed us less than downing did, sitting on a pretty new pay package for months while we rehabilitated him and put him in the shop window. both milner and young loved it here, milner puts in more effort than any other player in the league, and young never shirked tackling responsibilities and he was never scared to put his body on the line to win the ball. downing however had one pretty good season but was always susceptible to bottling his defensive duties, and at times when the players really needed to pick their bollocks up and fight for a result. quite talented, but his effort was never for the sake of the villa, something which i saw in young and milner almost every match.

that is why i think people give ash and jim a free pass.

The others get a "free pass" because they didn't leave for big bad Liverpool. Thats the truth of the matter for a large portion of Villa supporters.

Why doe's that never get said?

Gareth Barry?

Yorke and Southgate were also slaughtered.

Toela is a hypocritical moron, like every other tramp fan that slags us off for giving Downing abuse.

They write 1,000 word essays on RAWK with "passion" on how Torres is a Judas this and that.

no thats ok Liverpool fans are allowed give but not take

I'd thought he would've got an assist atleast by now, perhaps he will come good eventually but it's not like he came from another league or anything and as I said before he left us in decent form too.

according to pundits hes been playing well but just the end product has been lacking, but then it's a results business. could be that his style doesn't fit in with the rest of the team, although you'd have thought him and carroll would be ideal for each other.

I'd thought he would've got an assist atleast by now, perhaps he will come good eventually but it's not like he came from another league or anything and as I said before he left us in decent form too.

according to pundits hes been playing well but just the end product has been lacking, but then it's a results business. could be that his style doesn't fit in with the rest of the team, although you'd have thought him and carroll would be ideal for each other.

I agree that Liverpool's style does not suit him - Dalglish bought him as he wanted wingers to whip the ball into Carroll but having viewed the Plop several times this season, including last night, they seem to by-pass the midfield and hoof the ball up top, leaving Downing/Kuyt or the Invisible Henderson to pick up the scraps and try and put a ball in.

Judging by his body language last night - his confidence is shot (but his wallet is still packed with cash - so I doubt he gives a shit!)

Yorke and Southgate were also slaughtered.

Southgate said he was leaving us for a bigger club, that's why he was slaughtered, and rightly so.

Anyway, **** Downing, I hope he gets booed everytime he comes to our place, the ungrateful word removed.

Haha at least there's something to cheer about. The bin dippers are fuming over him. Thanks for the 20m suckers. :D

I've just been havin a quick nose at the latest Downing thread on their RAWK site, he's most unpopular at the minute!

:lol:

Haha at least there's something to cheer about. The bin dippers are fuming over him. Thanks for the 20m suckers. :D

I've just been havin a quick nose at the latest Downing thread on their RAWK site, he's most unpopular at the minute!

:lol:

I had a look in there, as well. Daft, really: Fernando Torres, Andy Carroll and Downing were all doing fine before they made their contentious moves. Torres was in a dip, but was still on the cusp of legend status at Anfield, Carroll was being roared on as the local lad made good at Newcastle and Downing was an absolute linch-pin for Villa. All three of them make a switch and it goes three kinds of pear-shaped for them.

To be honest I think he'll come good (although good enough for Liverpool in a Liverpool fans mind?), but best enjoy it for the time being.

I had a look in there, as well. Daft, really: Fernando Torres Andy Carroll and Downing were all doing all right before they made their contentious moves. Torres was in a dip, but was still on the cusp of legend status at Anfield, Carroll was being roared on as the local lad made good at Newcastle and Downing was an absolute linch-pin for Villa. All three of them make a switch and it goes three kinds of pear-shaped for them.

Quite similar for N'Zogbia too tbh :oops:

Â