Lyon game was fixed?

Daniel

Don't think the Ajax/Madrid was anything but bad refereeing. But you would have to think Lyon knew Madrid were going to win so a huge win for them would send them through.

I saw the highlights last night and said to a mate that it looked dodgey, the fact others obviously think the same speaks volumes. Especially when it's 2 teams that aren't exactly massively liked or hated on here, we're all pretty much neutrals aside from villaajax!

Same player that was winking (Domagoj Vida?) Here he is leaving a betting shop in Croatia. Not sure if it's related. Some people reporting that it was the same day as the game.

ibvus5.jpg

I know a lot of footballers are thick but I can't see a player going to his local bookies on matchday and putting a tidy sum on a 7-1 defeat.

Surely for it to have been a fix then Real Madrid would have had to have been in on it as well ?

and the ref who disallowed 2 good ajax goals , which surely Ajax wouldn't have scored had they been in on the fix :confused:

Madrid didn't have to be in it, it could have been an agreement between Lyon and Zagreb that Lyon would win by as many goals as possible.

He didn't have to put a bet on 7-1. Could've just had a bet on the chance Lyon qualified, which at the time looked impossible.

Surely he'd get someone else to make the bet. Anyway, I've studied the photo and he's backed McLeish at 11/1 to win the sack race. Let's hope he's right.

Surely for it to have been a fix then Real Madrid would have had to have been in on it as well ?

and the ref who disallowed 2 good ajax goals , which surely Ajax wouldn't have scored had they been in on the fix :confused:

Madrid didn't have to be in it, it could have been an agreement between Lyon and Zagreb that Lyon would win by as many goals as possible.

true but if Madrid didn't win / draw any such deal would have been pointless

that Madrid put out a reserve team should have been enough for Ajax to have got home ...

I saw the Lyon goals on you tube , just looked like one of those nights i couldn't see any Hans Segers like goalkeeping going on ..put it this way if heskey was their number 9 it would have been a 1-1 draw

Same player that was winking (Domagoj Vida?) Here he is leaving a betting shop in Croatia. Not sure if it's related. Some people reporting that it was the same day as the game.

ibvus5.jpg

I know a lot of footballers are thick but I can't see a player going to his local bookies on matchday and putting a tidy sum on a 7-1 defeat.

That photo is from 2010. However, to surrender 6 goals in 28 minutes and not even care is the most surprising thing. A lot of the goals they made no effort to stop which is highly dubious. Considering Lyon had only scored 2 goals in the group previously. Dinamo have a rich history of corruption and match fixing.

Don't think it has anything to do with betting patterns really.

Regardless. The logistics involved are too ridiculous to imagine, not to mention the sheer amount of people who would have to be "in the know". We're talking some 4 clubs, 40+ players, at least two referees, linesmen etc.

It's just football man.

4 clubs? Why would 4 clubs have to be involved? Don't think expecting the 2nd best team in the World to beat Ajax would need to be a fix. It also doesn't surprise me that Lyon started to score for fun in the 2nd half - when Ajax were already 2 down. Fixes happen, it's a game involving a lot of money.

Denmark/Sweden is another obvious one. I mean, come on, even the fans were holding up banners of '2-2' and such. :lol:

Â