McLeish - Yes / No / Unsure

Dodgyknees

McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure  

438 members have voted

1. 1. McLeish - Yes, No or Unsure

• Yes - He can take us forward
    • No - We need someone better
    • Unsure - Still need more time

McLeish isn't worthy of being compared to Mick Mccarthy, nevermind Mourinho. Steve Kean is more his level of comparison.

Steve Kean played 18 in all competitions won 5 win precentage 27.77% 31 goals scored an average of 1.72 per game

Alex McLeish played 16 in all competitions won 4 win percentage 25% goals scored 18 an average of 1.13 per game

He is even shitter than Steve Kean.

That says it all really doesnt it :cry:

Not quite.

Steve Kean played 14 PL games 10 pts, GD -11, pos 18th

Alex McLeish Played 14 PL games 16 pts, GD -2, pos 9th.

FFS don't start advocating Kean as our next manager! :?

You have just given Premier League stats, I gave all competitions including the Carling cup games.

So yeah, I am right he is worse than Steve Kean 8)

Fine, you will enjoy being in the crowd of 1 at VP for Kean's first match in charge! :winkold:

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there some noses on here? I can't believe that there are 15 Villa fans that support McLeish!
In my experience, if there are noses on here, they would be voting against McLeish since they all think he's rubbish.

I know that they think he is rubbish hence that is why they would want him to continue his shit work at VP and therefore vote 'Yes'.

McLeish isn't worthy of being compared to Mick Mccarthy, nevermind Mourinho. Steve Kean is more his level of comparison.

Steve Kean played 18 in all competitions won 5 win precentage 27.77% 31 goals scored an average of 1.72 per game

Alex McLeish played 16 in all competitions won 4 win percentage 25% goals scored 18 an average of 1.13 per game

Not quite.

You have just given Premier League stats, I gave all competitions including the Carling cup games.

:cry:

Steve Kean >>> McLeish

:oops:

err no.

I compared the style of football to that of Mourinho not the quality of the manager.

Obviously they are poles apart. But the brand of 'anti-football' is in my opinion similar.

ok?

I'm sorry, I can't let that slip. Whilst you are entitled to it, that's a completely deluded opinion to hold. Whilst Mourihno's sides are well known for their ability to mix it, to "clog the shit" out of their opponents when necessary, even attempt to stifle the opposition as he has done with Barca on many occasions, they are not and never have been "give it back to Cech and hope he hit's the big man" team. They would hit teams on the break, much like an O'Neill side. Or wear them down with tippy tappy, something that Houllier attempted (and failed) to instil. Or just balls to the wall rip chunks from their opponents.

Mourinho you see is a tactical genius. I think he's the best manager in the world, he could take any side and get them to over perform and over achieve simply by knowing just how they need to set up to win a game and above that the ability to get them to do what he asks. It's a marker of his success that we will probably never see this happen at a smaller club again.

Comparisons, even in the vagueness of the term "anti-football", between McLeish and Mourinho are absolutely ridiculous.

Not quite.

Fine, you will enjoy being in the crowd of 1 at VP for Kean's first match in charge! :winkold:

Steve Keans' claret and blue army!!!!!!! :flag:

Oh, by the way.

Replacement manager - I dont know.

l

But having heard a lot of Ray Wilkins views - I'd take him as assistant to whomever.

In fact, was Hughes at Chelsea under Wilkins - that sounds a good combo - brain and braun.

He's made one very poor choice in his career, and that was to go to work for bosses who were always going to leave him hamstrung. It took him a worryingly long time to accept this, but to his credit he finally made the wise decision.

Now working for a club with integrity, he is presently weighed down with two burdens; a fanbase starved of success, permeated by negativity, and a team soaked in the ethos of MON's skill-lite counter-play, incapable of adapting and drained of courage Just watch the injury list mount up.

This is the same problem Houllier faced, though I feel McLeish is better equipped to overcome it. Realistically though, I am reconciled to another nine months of VillaTalk mayhem before his own team can express itself.

McLeish can't guarantee future success but neither can I pinpoint anyone I would rather have in his place. The usual suspects are currently doing no better than us.

As an aside, it is disappointing how much faith so many here have in the tyranny of the majority.

a very decent post swiming against the tide of anti-Mcleish sentiment. You perhaps go a bit further than I would have in your praise for Eck, but in general I think your post has a lot of worth. It's also a breath of fresh air compared to the majority of anger that prevails here.

It was probably just about acceptable at Birmingham City to send a team out with one aim in mind .... survival!

AM and PG seem to have come to Villa with the same mantra, Stay in the Premiership and stay in a job.

If we had a squad full of cloggers I would still find this style of "backs to the wall" football unacceptable, but we actually have some decent footballers who cannot hope to perform without the ball.

Randy has to realise that he's going to have to make management changes for the health of the business and the sanity of the supporters. The longer this "anti football" continues, the more difficult any recovery will be.

It is clear to see and hear from quite a lot of people that the manager is currently putting them off going to see the club that they love/follow. This stand off should never should have happened in the first place really. Randy's decision to bring him was controversial to say the least, this forgetting his former employees, believing a manager who gets a club relegated 2 out of 4 seasons and finish 3rd with Rangers should not be managing our club. People who said they would stay away with McLiesh in charge are certainly not seeing any reasons to come back. He needs to go, and there is no time like the present! Him and his infamous shitty football is making watching a Villa game an effort, rather than an enjoyment.

How long you recon it will be before the McLiesh out banners come out?

A few wins will keep the banners away

But if we lose to Bolton, LPool, Arsenal and Stoke, I'm predicting a ferocious fan backlash in the form of empty seats and both verbal and written abuse

http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/video_audio/124720.html?CMP=OTC-RSS;genre=1;sport=3

No doubt this link has been posted elsewhere but having just got around to watching Keegan and Barnes talk that way about my team really does depress me. We have played poorly in the past but I can't recall a time when we were so consistently poor and pundits, let's face it, were stating facts that make us look like a joke.

McLeish out now.

I honestly feel at this point people who are backing McLeish (basically saying its the fans who didnt want him who are shouting the loudest) need to watch the above link.

This is now "Villa negative fans". This is an ex England manager, who finished runner up in the league and a guy who was classed as one of the most skillful players this country has ever produced, who won championships.

Listen to their summing up.

And then tell defend McLeish.

He has turned us into a disgrace - and everyone (apart from Alex Fergusun wierdly) can see it.

A few wins will keep the banners away

But if we lose to Bolton, LPool, Arsenal and Stoke, I'm predicting a ferocious fan backlash in the form of empty seats and both verbal and written abuse

I think a loss to Bolton and a poor performance will ensure banners for the next home game. There is definitely a storm brewing, and a good performance looks like the only thing that will stop it from manifesting.

I don't really get this "with time McLeish will do well with us" thing. Did people not watch his SHA team play at all?

Me neither, this with time stuff is nonsense. Its like the American thinks big Scottish blokes with proper Glaswegian accents are what is needed to for good leadership and success. Its easy to sound like him, but not everyones gonna turn out like an Alex Ferguson or William Wallace. He's been a manager for nearly 20 years and his greatest achievement is winning a cup, which in the process involved last gasp equaliser at home against Rochdale to take it to extra time, a 1-1 draw (win on Penalty shoot out) against Brentford again at home, a 2 legged win against bottom of the league West Ham under Yoda, a lucky win against injury hit Villa and a terrible **** up from Szcezney in the final. Fine lines. Then got relegated.

In his career, when given time, he has not proven he can do anything that good. I mean you gotta be pretty dam rubbish to take Rangers to third in the SPL.

Randy you silly so and so.

If there are banners at the Liverpool game, it would be a rather odd coincidence, as it was also the first home game after Bolton away when the first Houllier out banner popped up last season

Yes but that was in early March not early December. McLeish has **** up a whole lot sooner.

Â