Irreverentad's Relationship Advice Thread

irreverentad

I get shocked how often women come on to the men with wedding rings on

Women always want what someone else has. They see it as a challenge. Fickle fillies!

They're not fickle. They just don't want to **** you. ;)

That is also sadly true! But its ok as I take myself home and set some mood lighting, soft music, and lube up Gordon the Gopher's squeeky mouth!

IMO attraction is what gets you into the position to START a relationship. If you aren't physically attracted to someone then why would you say go up to her in a bar and begin a conversation?

Looks, as much as people don't like to admit, are important in the majority of relationships.

If they weren't then online dating profiles would have no profile pictures and just be all about your personality.

Now, along the way in a relationship personality probably does become more important. e.g. you've been going out for a year, you know each other pretty well, you love her for who she is and what she's like and not how she looks. She maybe puts on some weight but you don't notice and don't care. A year ago you might not have given her a second glance with how she looks now.

Badly put perhaps but it made sense at least to me.

Scenario 1:

She is VERY physically attractive. You get to know her, and she is also your sort of person. Result.

Scenario 2:

She is not ESPECIALLY attractive, but certainly OK. You get to know her, and she IS your sort of person. Guess what? After a while, you look again, and decide that she IS extremely attractive. This is not a case of kidding yourself, it's a reflection of how attraction works. Again, result.

Scenario 3:

She is VERY physically attractive. You get to know her, and she is NOT your sort of person. You may have a superficial sexual relationship, but the longer you know her, the LESS attractive she starts to look. It's the other side of the Scenario 2 phenomenon.

Scenario 4:

She is not ESPECIALLY attractive, but certainly OK. You get to know her, and she is NOT your sort of person. Move on.

What I'm getting at is the fact that "looks" and "personality" are not two distinct, separate things. Our minds modify our first impressions in ways we may not even notice.

Scenario 5?

She looks like an absolute munter who is sweating so badly it is gushing from her socks and her legs are full of gravy. Her face looks like a salami selection at Aldi on a bad day. You cross the road as quickly as possible to get away.

IMO attraction is what gets you into the position to START a relationship. If you aren't physically attracted to someone then why would you say go up to her in a bar and begin a conversation?

Looks, as much as people don't like to admit, are important in the majority of relationships.

If they weren't then online dating profiles would have no profile pictures and just be all about your personality.

Now, along the way in a relationship personality probably does become more important. e.g. you've been going out for a year, you know each other pretty well, you love her for who she is and what she's like and not how she looks. She maybe puts on some weight but you don't notice and don't care. A year ago you might not have given her a second glance with how she looks now.

Badly put perhaps but it made sense at least to me.

Scenario 1:

She is VERY physically attractive. You get to know her, and she is also your sort of person. Result.

Scenario 2:

She is not ESPECIALLY attractive, but certainly OK. You get to know her, and she IS your sort of person. Guess what? After a while, you look again, and decide that she IS extremely attractive. This is not a case of kidding yourself, it's a reflection of how attraction works. Again, result.

Scenario 3:

She is VERY physically attractive. You get to know her, and she is NOT your sort of person. You may have a superficial sexual relationship, but the longer you know her, the LESS attractive she starts to look. It's the other side of the Scenario 2 phenomenon.

Scenario 4:

She is not ESPECIALLY attractive, but certainly OK. You get to know her, and she is NOT your sort of person. Move on.

What I'm getting at is the fact that "looks" and "personality" are not two distinct, separate things. Our minds modify our first impressions in ways we may not even notice.

Scenario 5?

She looks like an absolute munter who is sweating so badly is is gushing from her socks and her legs are full of gravy. Her face looks like a salami selection at Aldi on a bad day. You **** her anyway.

Fxd ur post, lulz!

I think Scenario 5 went without saying. It's just possible that even then, an amazing personality might still overcome the looks thing, but in practice, probably not.

I think Scenario 5 went without saying. It's just possible that even then, an amazing personality might still overcome the looks thing, but in practice, probably not.

Either that or she is an absolute filth can in the sack....lights off of course! :winkold:

Any domestic violence, pending divorces, affairs or group sex sessions issues anyone wishes to discuss?

Jeez mate you have only been married a couple of weeks. How did you manage to fit all that in! :winkold:

I am off for a meal out next weekend with just me, the wife and the Girlfriend.

Right, I will start this by saying I have a friend who needs some advice.... His girlfriend is looking to do things "outside" of the house. But my friend is worried by what would happen if he got caught so he has shied away. He is worried he would be arrested if he and his girlfriend went out for a 'drive' for instance.

Is he worrying for good reason?

Right, I will start this by saying I have a friend who needs some advice.... His girlfriend is looking to do things "outside" of the house. But my friend is worried by what would happen if he got caught so he has shied away. He is worried he would be arrested if he and his girlfriend went out for a 'drive' for instance.

You know that old "a friend of mine" shit doesnt wash round her, right Ad?!

You'll be fine, just dont get caught...simples!!! 8)

You know that old "a friend of mine" shit doesnt wash round her, right Ad?!

You'll be fine, just dont get caught...simples!!! 8)

Can't think of locations which is the main issue!!

Â