2011 Sports Personality of the Year top 10

PauloBarnesi

Damn it I see someone beat me to the obvious Murray comment.

Has to be Cavendish I would think but more people watch golf than cycling I suspect so perhaps McIlroy will edge it.

Not a great list this year to be honest.

You just know the tribute to Gary Speed is going to be a painful watch.

For some reason, I am glad that a footballer hasn't made the list - not sure why, though.

fwiw, I would like Darren Clarke to win it, although there may be more deserving candidates in the list, whose achievements I am not fully aware of. (REALLY bad grammar there, sorry :oops: )

and all the talk is on lack of women. So which women were denied access?

All I can think of who've had reasonable years, Baltacha and Watson had creditably solid years in Tennis, and Radcliffe didn't break down when she came back to Marathon running. Cant think of any events where women have thrived this year - but then I also don't watch swimming / athletics unless its at the Olympics and I really don't have anything else to do :/

But Cavendish - McIllroy - Clarke for me.

What has Amir Khan achieved to warrant a place on the list? The only decent fighter he has ever faced put him on his arse easily. Prescott aside he has made a career and a fortune out of beating nobodies.

I have been trying for years to get a copy of the 2002/3 sports review of the year when it showed the greece free kick and that england campaign.

THE BEST piece of sporting theatre on TV ever. the music the editing and the interlacing selections of commentary made it better than the actual event itself.

I wish there was some way I could get a copy. No youtube or the like have uploaded it.

I had it recoeded on video but god knows where that is in the loft.

does anyone remember it?

I think the greece free kick had "a rose by any other name" from american beauty and was just awesome.

"he's done it, he's done it, David Beckham" with Brooking going nuts.

epic.

Luke Donald for me.

What Donald has done this year is pretty special indeed. He hasnt won a major granted, but to finish 1st on the money list on both the US PGA and the European Tour is pretty outstanding! First time its ever been done. He's also leading The Race To Dubai by a country mile.

Im am bias tho as im a golf nut.

Luke Donald for me.

What Donald has done this year is pretty special indeed. He hasnt won a major granted, but to finish 1st on the money list on both the US PGA and the European Tour is pretty outstanding! First time its ever been done. He's also leading The Race To Dubai by a country mile.

But to the average man on the street or casual golf viewer without a major it means **** all. Certainly for consistancy he's more deserving that Clarke or McIlroy. Although are any of them "personalities" on the list this year?

I say give it to Akabusi.

Luke Donald for me.

But to the average man on the street or casual golf viewer without a major it means **** all. Certainly for consistancy he's more deserving that Clarke or McIlroy. Although are any of them "personalities" on the list this year?

I say give it to Akabusi.

Thats the problem mate, casual golf viewers just look at who won each of the 4 majors so Clarke or McIlroy will more than likely get more votes, but as you say, if you actually look at the standard and level of consistancy Donald has played with this year its pretty unbelievable!

27 weeks at #1 in the world.

Â