Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Here's my prediction .....2nd half: No subs , swansea have 80% possession and around 70 min mark Delph sent off for rash tackle , ....still no subs , nzobia moves into Delphs position. Swansea Score ,.still no subs , they attack us non stop with chance after chance , we lose , ...McCleash blames the ref for defeat due to sending off......... role on the next game !!!

Some of these comments are hilarious. Swansea are passing it around the back with next to no intention of scoring. Despite all their possession we've had more shots (on and off target) and the better chances.

But Heskey and Delph have been bad (as expected). Would like to see Jenas and Bannan come on for them.

Awful, boring, useless shite.

He can point to having 3 strikers on the pitch all he wants, but when you are playing two in midfield (one of which hasn't scored more than seven goals in a season in ages) in a way which is totally unproductive for your one striker up front - what do you expect?

Is Heskey on? Bring on Albrighton and Jenas/Ireland for Heskey and the woefully overated Delph.

Ireland is woeful.

He can pass better than the dross thats currently on the park

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Ireland is even worse than the shite out there.

Don't know why you're all getting so upset about the possession issue. Swansea are playing exactly the sort of "tippy tappy" football that Houllier was castigated for on here. They can play little triangles in their own half all day long and it'll do them no good.

One mistake and Gabby's pace will get us a goal. I agree it's no fun to watch, but it's not the disaster some of you seem to think.

i agree, but i'd also like to see us play some football. i'm watching so i can watch aston villa, and i'm barely seeing them actually play the game. at what point do you start saying, yes we're winning every match, but we've had 1% of possession and i'm not really watching this team play the game? also, we're not winning at all.

Delph is a shambolic player... Sad to say, I think that cruciate lig injury did him in.

That half wasn't fun to watch. I'd say some of ours are putting in a decent shift, including Gabby, Herd, maybe Warnock and Nzog too. But the same uninspired setup and inclusion of Heskey in the deep role are hamstringing us. Added to that we have players who just aren't good enough, namely Hutton and Delph today. Hutton is actually providing some half decent cover for once but his tackling is diabolical and he seems to be in a race with Delph to get sent off. Even Dunne's tackling is moronic today. Herd's energy and composure on the ball is good today, but he doesn't ever hold back when tackling, not even in our penalty area. Then you have Collins... we're awash with liabilities.

Bent is totally anonymous. I'm not seeing these great areas he supposedly always gets into. There was one point where Gabby made a great run and drilled a left footed cross, which desperately needed our goal poacher running across towards the near post to get a touch - but Bent was sauntering into the middle of the 6 yard box instead, only good for picking up rebounds.

All that said, we can nick this. Gabby's running and some of the crossing we have been doing look much more likely to produce a goal than any single thing Swansea have done, despite dominating the possession.

Ironically Collins has been the better of him and Dunne - Hutton has been ok on the ball, but a liability off it, Warnock has done well again.

Bent - Shite

N'Zogbia - Not Awful

Herd - Not bad

Delph - apparently can't control a ball

Heskey - absolutely awful

Gabby - best player again, but shouldn't be out wide!

So, overall, an average shite performance again- least we are consistent that's the main thing. Keep it up Mcleish, thanks.

Ireland is woeful.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Ireland is even worse than the shite out there.

Shows how he may as well not even try, anyway, since it won't register with anybody watching. He had been playing decently until AMC decided Heskey was our best attacking mid.

Swansea have had no shots on goal. Praise their passing but its lead to nothing.

Yep, 3 points are for the taking definitely...

Considering we should of had a penalty and we've certainly had the better chances I say very much the game is for the taking.