Medical Signs

irreverentad

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers chaps.

Appointment made for Thursday.

I'll let you know

Update?

After I had to cancel the appointment, so I went last Friday.

He thinks it maybe my glasses prescription is not strong enough so I have to go to the opticians to check. He did not seem to offer much advice on what else it could be. Almost seemed a bit put out that I had gone there!

Anyway if it is not my eyes then he said come back.

Cheers for the concern mate.

2 years ago I caught the flu, when that died down I got this massive headache which lasted for 3 solid weeks

I have never known pain like it, it was a constant shooting pain all over my head and down my neck.

There was literally nothing that I could do, noise, light, lying down, sitting up, standing up all led to excruciating agony. When it was at its worst one day I decided that I couldnt spend a fourth day in bed and decided to venture downstairs, it took 45 minutes to go from top to bottom I lay on the settee with a blanket over my face to hide from the light and managed about 10 minutes before I needed my bed again, it took a further 45 minutes to get back up the stairs and into bed. ever step felt like I was going to go blind from the pain

it only subsided enough for me to go downstairs on christmas eve and took about a further week till it went completely...looking back I probably should have gone the hospital when it was at its worst

one day though I braved the glare of my laptop screen and looked up the symptoms.........yep I had a tumour

frightening times

2 years ago I caught the flu, when that died down I got this massive headache which lasted for 3 solid weeks

I have never known pain like it, it was a constant shooting pain all over my head and down my neck.

There was literally nothing that I could do, noise, light, lying down, sitting up, standing up all led to excruciating agony. When it was at its worst one day I decided that I couldnt spend a fourth day in bed and decided to venture downstairs, it took 45 minutes to go from top to bottom I lay on the settee with a blanket over my face to hide from the light and managed about 10 minutes before I needed my bed again, it took a further 45 minutes to get back up the stairs and into bed. ever step felt like I was going to go blind from the pain

it only subsided enough for me to go downstairs on christmas eve and took about a further week till it went completely...looking back I probably should have gone the hospital when it was at its worst

one day though I braved the glare of my laptop screen and looked up the symptoms.........yep I had a tumour

frightening times

:shock:

All in the clear now mate?

Had a lump on my bollock once, really scared, didnt go to the doctors, after about 3 weeks it went away PHEW

You find a lump on your gonads and DON'T go the doc's immediately? :shock:

You haven't got a brain tumor, but go and speak to your doc. Obvs, innit.

It's a viscous circle when you start worrying about something, and it ends up exacerbating the symptoms ten-fold.

That can be a sticky situation alright...

To be honest, embarassment is somehting that needs to be overcome. It feels like my arse has recently grown a pissflap, and my chutney tunnel sometimes becomes well itchy. Seems I might have piles. Even shoving a digit up my cavity it feels like a long worm stuck to one side.

The thing is, I might be ok with shoving a digit up my arse. I might even be ok with a close female friend doing it to be "experimental", but somehow, I just don't really fancy a strangers finger up there, no matter how serious.

So I am right with you on the "I don't want to go", and a haemmaroid is not exactly life threatening........... But it's been like that for a couple of weeks now, so clearly isn't a condtion that "clears up".

So your doc got away with a fairly clean and pleasant investigation of somehting life threatening. Mine is going to simply get a stinky finger for something trivial.

Â